Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

what do u think shinwoo really is and y

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

zorn96

zorn96

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

From what I hear, Seira making a contract with Shinwoo is a pretty popular theory. I also like the idea of Rael making a contract with Shinwoo, because they're in a situation where Seira needs help and Rael alone is too weak, so they have to cooperate and Shinwoo is strong base material as well as loyal to his friends.

SPOILERS (but not really, I just read spanish so I get the chapter 2hrs early. there's nothing big here):

so basically, something really similar to what is about to happen? since rael did just show up, and seira does need help, and this is all immediately following what happened leading me to make my original comment.

Joker V. Phantom

Joker V. Phantom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I think he's just a regular human, who is really, really athletic.

~Joker V. Phantom~

Batoto Jail's Prison Doctor

TsN3XTW.gif

SevenSeven

SevenSeven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationChocolate Heaven

I hope Shinwoo grows up to be Chuck Norris.

MangaFan

MangaFan

Potato

• Members
  • 110 posts

I hope Shinwoo grows up to be Chuck Norris.

Or Chuck Norris grows up to be Shinwoo

Ja Wangnan

Ja Wangnan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts

This is one of those topics where there are people who approach this in a way I can't understand.

Sure Shinwoo's been on the side more often compared to the old days. But that doesn't change the fact he'll undoubtedly be relevant later on. Be it a contract or boost or origin etc whatever he's gonna be able to garner ridiculous powers and can fight alongside the likes of RK-5 etc at some point.

The author isn't ignorant enough to leave such a potential character to waste.

That aside, his father being overseas all the time seems to be suspicious, am I wrong?

Asag

Asag

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

currently, i believe he is just a regular human.

like some of the people here i think shinwoo is being saved as material as the manhwa progresses.

Edited by Asag, 27 November 2013 - 03:57 AM.

Jet

Jet

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

How did this thread even come to be :o. He's just a school kid, who likes to fight and goof off with his buddies.

Ja Wangnan

Ja Wangnan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts

How did this thread even come to be :o. He's just a school kid, who likes to fight and goof off with his buddies.

Well it's only logical such a thread like this was made.

Why? Because a normal school kid, who is human and has zero supernatural abilities whatsoever, was able to:

- survive unsurmountable amount of pain that no human could ever survive against the likes of superhumans like Jake and Shark (with Shark being far more powerful than Jake), 

- beat down every normal human (and KSA trainees who were possibly modified) we've seen so far, 

- and especially the fact that not only did he DODGE a superhuman like Shark's attack, but COUNTER him with his own fist that he wasn't able to see coming. Sure, Shark could have probably dodged and punched Shinwoo had he known the kid was that amazing, but the sheer fact an everyday human was able to do that to a being with blinding speed to the human eye defies basically all grounds of logic.

What I believe is that yes, he is just a human who has no superpowers whatsoever. But is also the living proof to all Nobles and Union members alike that a human, with no modification whatsoever, is evolving beyond the strength and power limits humans are supposed to scale around.

nuknuk

nuknuk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
What I believe is that yes, he is just a human who has no superpowers whatsoever. But is also the living proof to all Nobles and Union members alike that a human, with no modification whatsoever, is evolving beyond the strength and power limits humans are supposed to scale around.

That is very doubtful. If humans were evolving, it would be on a larger scale instead of a single individual. He could be a unique super mutant, but that would not fit with the theme. This is all about Nobles and modified humans and further experimentation. Shinwoo could become or is something new from a third category of power, but that category won't be mutants.

Ja Wangnan

Ja Wangnan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts

That is very doubtful. If humans were evolving, it would be on a larger scale instead of a single individual. He could be a unique super mutant, but that would not fit with the theme. This is all about Nobles and modified humans and further experimentation. Shinwoo could become or is something new from a third category of power, but that category won't be mutants.

I understand your point, especially the underlined part.

Regardless, there isn't really any other explanation for Shinwoo's capabilities, am I wrong?

Sure, Nobles and modified humans are the ones on the common battlefield, but that doesn't change the fact one of the themes in this whole series is the fact "humans are rapidly evolving."

The only other explanation I can possibly think of is if either Shinwoo's father or mother aren't human. What if one of them is a Noble? *cough*oneoftheClanLeaderswhobetrayed*cough*

I would expect him to have red eyes, though, but because he doesn't, perhaps one of his parents are modified? *cough*the1stElderoftheUnion*cough*

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

I understand your point, especially the underlined part.

Regardless, there isn't really any other explanation for Shinwoo's capabilities, am I wrong?

Sure, Nobles and modified humans are the ones on the common battlefield, but that doesn't change the fact one of the themes in this whole series is the fact "humans are rapidly evolving."

The only other explanation I can possibly think of is if either Shinwoo's father or mother aren't human. What if one of them is a Noble? *cough*oneoftheClanLeaderswhobetrayed*cough*

I would expect him to have red eyes, though, but because he doesn't, perhaps one of his parents are modified? *cough*the1stElderoftheUnion*cough*

His dad being the First Elder sure would be an awesome twist. 

And I guess, given his capabilities, it'd be more likely Shinwoo's a child of a modified human. If he was a noble's child he surely would have inherited their powers?

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Ja Wangnan

Ja Wangnan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts

His dad being the First Elder sure would be an awesome twist. 

And I guess, given his capabilities, it'd be more likely Shinwoo's a child of a modified human. If he was a noble's child he surely would have inherited their powers?

Yeah I think if anything, one of his parents is definitely modified.

Maybe Shinwoo's father is actually that one kid who was taught under Frankenstein thousands of years ago??? I assume that boy was human, no?

Actually nvm that wouldn't work, because if that IS true, than I'm sure Franky would find SOME kind of familiar feel towards Shinwoo

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Yeah I think if anything, one of his parents is definitely modified.

Maybe Shinwoo's father is actually that one kid who was taught under Frankenstein thousands of years ago??? I assume that boy was human, no?

Actually nvm that wouldn't work, because if that IS true, than I'm sure Franky would find SOME kind of familiar feel towards Shinwoo

Hmm.. it is possible. That kid was still human when Frankenstein last saw him, right? So if he got a power-up afterwards Franky would never know of it. It could be anything, doesn't have to be the same as Franky's.

And that was probably over a thousand years ago. We know it's over 820 years for sure. Kinda weird if it really is the case. Shinwoo would find out that his dad is like 1000+ years old :lol:

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

When was the last time Shinwoo even showed up in the comic?  And when he was, I think it was just to be endangered as one of the generic herd of kids so he'd have to be rescued.

When was the last time Shinwoo got any character development separate from the other kids?  Nontrivial lines, doing anything important, etc.  I think it's probably been like 200 chapters or something.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

When was the last time Shinwoo even showed up in the comic?  And when he was, I think it was just to be endangered as one of the generic herd of kids so he'd have to be rescued.

When was the last time Shinwoo got any character development separate from the other kids?  Nontrivial lines, doing anything important, etc.  I think it's probably been like 200 chapters or something.

mmmm, yup.........speaking of which, what ever happened to M21 and the story line we were kind of being teased with there? Remember, the whole "werewolf heart"/awakening his powers deal? Yeah, I guess that kind of got forgotten about.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

pistolcream

pistolcream

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBoston
This is probably a case where Shinwoo is victim of story rewrites. The author seems to plan out the story one season at a time, so it's possible that he had plans for Shinwoo at one point in his planning process, but then it got written out in favor of other developments later on. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that originally Shinwoo was supposed to be more involved in the plot, but alas, for some reason it just never came to be. I'm sure that if the author could go back and rewrite earlier chapters he would, but once you put your work out there it's not easy to just go back and redo it (plenty of readers wouldn't accept that unless you did an entire reboot). It also looks like the author considered bringing Shinwoo into the action(the KSA arc), but decided against it.

While it would be great for Shinwoo to participate in the story in a much more meaningful way, I doubt it will happen. As others have said, Shinwoo and his friends are one big plot device. They represent the life Rai is trying to protect and has always wanted. They CAN'T do anything other that or else it defeats their story purpose. Shinwoo hasn't even had a fight scene in like 200 chapters. While it is possible that Shinwoo could be related to the Union via his parents, that might still not change anything since Shinwoo isn't on either side himself and has no knowledge of the conflict at hand. Ultimately, it would just be a coincidence that loosely ties Shinwoo to the plot.

As for M-21's werewolf heart, it'll probably come into play when the battles against the werewolf Elders start (there's like 3 of them). We might even get a defector!

zorn96

zorn96

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

we'll definitely get a defector. the female werewolf is gonna change sides.

noblesse goes heavy on the "if you're ugly, then you're evil and you must die. if you're beautiful, then the road to redemption and goodness is right over here"

and she's currently a non-ugly evil character who has shown an interest (possibly romantically) in frankenstein. redemption road it is!

dred05

dred05

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts

Ever since they stopped that KSA, Shinwoo will be no more than a side character for the story now. I think if they want to remove Shinwoo from his "normal world", you might as well drag all the kids to the "real" world.

Or whatever. It'll be cool if he's not normal though but he will take a lot of beating if that happens. Just like what always happens to those three.

2jalwye.gif

"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name

Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame"

makfresh22

makfresh22

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I feel he is what he's shown to be…a special human or rather a unique specimen like Regis called him…..A human that could reach the same heights of strength that the supernatural beings in the Noblesse universe possess (Nobles, Werewolves etc.)….It's been mentioned several times by some nobles especially Gejutel that the human race has advanced far more than they could've imagined and that it's even gotten the point where humans don't need their protection anymore. What if Shinwoo's being is the manifestation of that human advancement. Kinda like a special human born from the desire of human evolution <<--sounds crazy but this webtoon is fantasy after all :P

He could also be a hybrid (from a noble & a human) or (from a modified human & a human), would explain why is physical stats are off the chats.

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

I wish some of the theories in this thread were true, so Shinwoo can jump back into action! Alas, there's been no hint of the original gang ever joining the action again, and as others have said, the KSA arc (4th season?) basically made the kids minor characters now.

It would be interesting if Yuna or Suyi had larger roles, like connections to the Union or KSA :0 I mean, Ikhan already has connections with the police xP Then Shinwoo could get involved in the action to help out his friends, whether he's a normal human, a hybrid, or whatever :D

But I think Shinwoo is a "super" human, kind of like Frankenstein except not enhanced by experiments. He has the potential to become as powerful as Frankenstein, but I'm not sure the story will take us there. Depending on how much upheaval happens by the end of the current season (6th?), it may be possible to bring the kids back into the main story in the next season, but that probably won't happen -_-