Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Blades of Fealty

Blades of Fealty Roleplay In-Character

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

BLADES OF FEALTY

Prologue

The Third Crusade

Theme: Dearest

It was dawn when a thunderous roar bellowed throughout the empire. The hum of magic filled the heavens, its vibrations shaking the earth and its inhabitants. From the direction of Empyrean, the capital, behemoths took to the skies, and claimed it for man. Nobles, farmers, merchants, servant, men, women, the elderly, and children awoke. These intimidating creations, a blend of science and magic, dotted the horizon; the rising sun at their heels.

These vessels were made from metal, and took on the appearance of elongated galleon. However, there were no sails, and steam poured out from two long tubes that jutted upward. Each vessel was the size of a castle, and could easily hold more than one hundred passengers aboard its splendour. At the bottom of these things was an aura of magic, an alluring purple colour that mesmerised the eyes.

Though not many knew what to call these vessels, they knew seeing meant only one thing: The Third Crusade had begun.

But what were these things?

An airship, Prince Lysander vi Empyria stated simply. In the large throne room built in the flagship, the Dawn, the prince stood regally in front of his throne, addressing the numerous volunteers that had answered his call for the Third Crusade. It is a perfect blend of science and magic, an invention unlike any other in the history of man. With this we are able to march into the Dusk without the fear of monsters and madness waiting for us on land, and without the limitations that the water paths provide for us.

“With this, we will be able to finally defeat the darknesss that has plagued our ancestors since ancient times! You have all joined me for all varying reasons, but what they are means nothing to me. All I care is that all of you are willing to take the step to finally eradicate our final foe. Whether it is for money, fame, or duty, you are already all brave heroes in my eyes.

Any criminals that are here will be pardoned from any past crimes. Any stowaways on board will be given a place here. Each of you will receive one hundred gold, and four hundred more after our mission is complete, plus a divide of the treasures we may find. All your names will be carved into the annals of history for your bravery.

It will be a tough war ahead of us, but I have faith in you all that we all emerge triumphant together! For now, let us not worry about what the future has in store for us. For now, let us not think of fighting monsters, or bringing light to the darkness. For now, let us eat, drink, and be merry! We know not when death may claim us, but we remain defiant in its face until the very end!

Lysander raised his arm, and signalled two servants to open a set of double doors to his right. The doors led to a large room filled with food and drinks as far as the eye could see. The implication was clear; drink and eat to your heart’s content.

Now go forth courageous souls, and reap the reward you have earned for merely taking the step forward.

With his speech finished, the volunteers all released a cry of ‘For Empyria!’ before they all made their way into the banquet hall. The musicians in the hall began playing their songs, and a few spaces were cleared for those that wished to dance. Using another entrance into the banquet hall, Lysander took to the high table that was set apart from the others. Sitting among him were the children of the Seven Holy Knights and others that were part of his entourage.

Thus, the festivities truly began; it was the calm before the storm.

OOC: Alright, the roleplay has started. The action hasn't started yet, of course, but I think we need to take things slow to have people warm up to their characters. Do anything you want (but don't go overboard), and if you need me to help update things by providing descriptions and stuff, don't hesitate to ask. I know things are a little vague, but I'm sure that you enjoy the freedom and whatnot to make things up.

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

The thrum of music sounded loudly in her ears, the continued cheers and echos of merry laughter rippling against her skin. Sashya Ephesus sat cross-legged on her chair in a darkened corner of the banquet hall, as she had not yet joined the others at the table, the hood of her grey cloak pulled low so that it hid her face from prying eyes. Long glittering strands of dusty blond hair fell from the hood, further obscuring any view of her features. Her golden eyes wandered the expansive room restlessly while her fingers fiddled with one of the custom arrows she always carried with her; mapping the layout of the large hall, locating the best escape routes, and searching the faces of those attending the celebration.

Standing not too far away from where she sat were two solemn guards sent to 'watch over her' by her father, which only served to further dampen her already gloomy mood. Since arriving on the airship she was still no closer to a.) finding Tyr and b.) executing the escape plans she had so carefully put together. Her father had ruined that. At least for now. Already her mind was formulating new plans that included evading her 'guards' in order to break free from the invisible chains that held her captive from the freedom she craved.

She studied the Prince, Lysander, for a short while and found herself admiring his conviction and complete faith in those he had called for this most dangerous quest. From everything she had heard of the Dusk it took incredible bravery and much more to face the unknown darkness, and somewhere deep inside she felt a swelling pride to join the son of the woman her mother had fought along side. But, like always, a lingering sadness dwelt within her heart, and she let out a small sigh.

As she returned the arrow to the quiver tucked beneath her cloak she unfolded herself from the chair and stood, taking care that the edges of the floor length garment kept her collapsed bow well hidden from view. As she made her way towards one of the balconies the two guards fell into step a few paces behind her, and she frowned her displeasure though the expression remained unseen. That is, until she stepped out onto the balcony and one of her 'faithful guards' made the mistake of quietly voicing his disapproving opinion.

"Its a shame this foolish child won't give up on that band of heathens she lived with. I'm sure there is bet-" Before he could finish muttering his sentence to his comrade Sashya had whipped around, her hood falling back to reveal her features, bow already in hand with an arrow notched and aimed at him.

"You will hold your tongue, least I put this arrow through it!" Her voice held a whip of reprimand while her golden eyes blazed with fury at the audacity of the man. "You've no right to speak of things you know nothing of."

The sweating guard gulped loudly and nodded, his mouth snapping shut as he averted his gaze from his charge. Sashya returned the arrow to its quiver and turned back around, collapsing the bow and reattaching it to her belt loop as she stepped out onto the balcony. Tears burned behind her eyes and she reached up to pull the hood back over her head, not wanting to give the guard the satisfaction of seeing her silent weeping. I wish Tyr was here with me, she thought as she stared out into the morning sky.

Edited by Maia, 11 August 2013 - 06:44 AM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

"So, imagine that. This whole time, Aera, the little girl who saved me from the guards that were harassing me during my visit to the capital, happened to turn out to be prince Lysander's younger sister. Quite a surprise, definitely." Try said, looking directly at the blonde female who sat across the table and a little to his left, next to Lysander. Tyr had met her once before in the past, and promised to come visit her again whenever he returned to the capital. "It's good to see you again, you've grown quite a bit in five years."

Tyr broke eye contact, his eyes wandering around the crowds, searching for something... someone... She should be here.... Tyr gave up his single-minded search, instead opting to look at the strange mechanism that prince Lysander had dubbed an "airship". It was an unusual contraption, that was sure. One he wasn't completely sure he could put his faith in. Tyr admitted he would have preferred a long foot march into the lands of Dusk than a trip in this strange vehicles that seemed so incredibly fragile. Tyr gave up trying to make sense of the airship, instead his eyes wandered to the dawn sky outside. Tyr wouldn't admit it, but he longed for the night sky back in the Winter Marches, where the stars shone brilliantly, all glittering with various brightness, as they spread over the endless sky. The moon, in particular was interesting to Tyr. The dire wolves often howled at it, as if uttering a prayer. Tyr didn't know why they did it, but sometimes he liked to just stare at the moon and think.

The lack of wind on the interior of the airship greatly bothered Tyr, and he was more than a little bit uncomfortable being surrounded by so many people he was unfamiliar with. He recognized few that sat at the same table as him, namely Aera and Magnar. He gave Magnar a nod of greetings, knowing him to be of few words, and they needed to say little. He respected Magnar as an honorable and skilled warrior, and someone he trusted to have his back when things got rough. Some of the people at the table didn't quite meet what Tyr had in mind when he thought of other children. There was a tall noble-woman, with long hair also sitting at the table, looking quite out of place next to types like Magnar and Tyr. Tyr fought the urge to judge by appearances, because all of these people at this table had a look in their eyes. Determination. They were here for a reason, and whatever their personal reasons, they were aiming to see it through. Though there also seemed to be some rather... suspicious types. The more plotting types. Given that Tyr understood that Lysander himself was a man of great intelligence and brilliance, it wasn't surprising that he had some similar minds around. 

Tyr finally had enough, and not caring whether he was being impolite or not, stood up and left the table with a simple, "i'm going to get some air". Tyr managed to stumble his way onto the balcony, and the feel of the cool morning breeze spread across his body. The feeling made Tyr give a satisfied grin, a slightly wolf-ish one, but that was just how Tyr was. Tyr leaned against the railing on the balcony, not paying any attention to his surroundings. He stared up at the early morning sky, enjoying the sight. He let loose a small sigh, and said aloud, quietly "Now where could Sashya be? She isn't the kind of person to let her father keep her from participating in the crusade.". The image of her being forced away by the men her father sent caused a burning rage to set fire in his heart. How dare they take away a friend! How dare they take away one of our family members! Tyr shook his head, clearing the angry thoughts. He returned his mind to the wonderful morning and the clear sky.

Edited by Orcraniil, 12 August 2013 - 01:16 PM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts

She was still staring out at the sky when she heard the faint whisper of movement behind her, and, knowing that it wasn't the clunky armor of her guards, she moved slightly to the side so that she was hidden in the shadows. As the man stepped out onto the balcony Sashya froze, her eyes wide with undeniable shock that was confirmed the moment the man spoke quietly to himself and mentioned her name. She watched the anger play across Tyr's face before he shook his head and returned his attention to the sky before them.

With a playful grin Sashya silently pulled her bow from the loop that bound it to her waist and pulled an arrow once more from the quiver, making sure to keep her movements slow and calculated as if she were in the midst of a hunt. Keeping to the shadows so as not to draw attention to herself she slipped further away from Tyr, notched the arrow and pulled the string back tightly as she aimed for the spot right next to his hand.

Excitement and sheer relief coursed through her veins and she held fast to the string as she waited for the tears to stop blurring her vision. Here he was, her best friend, standing right before her after four years of being apart. She could hardly believe it. When the tears finally cleared she dhrew the string taut once more then let loose the arrow. It whizzed through the air and landed with a loud thunk and stood quivering mere inches from Tyr's hand which rested on the railing of the balcony.

The guards, seeing her actions, moved to step to her defense, but she held up her hand, stopping them in their tracks, not once taking her eyes from Tyr's beloved face. The hood still covered her head, and the shadows helped to keep her face and expression hidden from view, and she remained silent as she waited for Tyr's reaction.

Edited by Maia, 11 August 2013 - 08:29 AM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Magnar was in the forge alongside Ras, the son of blacksmith and the only man in Empyrea outside The Soldier's and royal family who knew Magnar the Man and not Magnar the Bulwark, helping him with sharpening his short swordas Magnar polished Mjolnir. Soon rumblings and sound of engines filled the air in the sky above the royal capital.

'Hmm, so it has started' Magnar said out aloud.

'Guess you'll be heading out soon then' replied Ras.

'Ya, call of duty, take care my friend and glad tidings' as Magnar geared up and set out of the forge shortly.

'Guess I'll hear one of Prince's grand speeches, What a Man!, any parent would be glad to have him as their son.' Magnar thought to himself as he paced to the Royal Castle.

Aboard 'The Dawn' the flagship of Lysander's retinue, he listened as Lysander gave a grand speech he had hoped for.
As soon as the price finished, Magnar set out ahead of his entourage of nobles to check on the prepartions and the seating arrangements for the Royal siblings. Coming upto the royal guards who stood attentive, he gave a brisk salute in reply to their greetings and said 'As usual, your instructions are to be the shields of the Prince and Princess, make sure that children of the other knights are guarded well'

'There are many shady mages and beings gathered here, so always be on a lookout for a potential attempt' he continued.

'I am unaware of the extent of skills many of them have, should I succumb to their schemes or magic, make sure to drive the blade through my heart and rip my head off if need be' He added without a pause

'I'll do the same to you if the situation arises. Good luck, may the First emperor guide and watch over you' He finished turning back as he continued his survey of the entire room.

He noticed what appeared to be Sashya sitting silently away from the rest with two guards standing near.
'Hmm, so that silly father of hers is still incorrigible as ever, I guess things will change once Tyr enters the hall' Magnar thought to himself as he continued observing others, he had noticed Tyr amongst Lysander's retinue, still he busied himself with his checking, occasionally going over to the sentries and giving them instructions. His disposition was unlike other guard captains and other knights, his size and built invoked both awe and respect within soldiers and he made sure that all under his command were always aware of their surroundings and obey every command.

'It's been quite long since I met Tyr, he has grown quite a man I thought he would' Magnar wondered while discharging his duties, just then he heard a sort of scuffle from the far end of the hall, it didn't take long for him to recognise that Sashya was reprimanding one of her guards, sensing from the fury that dripped from her golden eyes, Magnar thought that the guard may have overstepped his bounds, He silently witnessed the short scene before turning on towards things that needed his attention. He knew that the young huntress was extremely capable to handle herself both formally and on battlefield and that the greatest favor he could do her was her to maintain her self-respect, it didn't need his intervention.

Completing his tour he came back in time for Lysander's entourage to take their place at the head of the hall separate from others. He signaled curtly to Caius and sat opposite Tyr giving an acknowledging nod in return, sensing that Tyr looked uncomfortable he had thought to say something before Tyr spoke up "I'm going to get some air" as he got up to leave for the balcony, Magnar knew how he must be feeling amidst so many people.

"Go my friend, go outside where you may find comfort from this grief that plagues your mind and the one that plagues your soul, just don't do anything rash" Magnar thought to himself, believing that Tyr will finally be able to meet Sashya who had earlier headed to the balcony.

Spotting Garm, Magnar got up from his chair gave a curt bow to the prince and said 'Excuse me a bit, my lord'.

He headed over to where Garm was and spoke to him calmly 'As a soldier I respect your skill and I would like to make you incharge of Aera's personal security, make sure no harm comes to her.'

'Don't be afraid to command the guards according to what you think best, you will find them accepting all your orders.' he added

'I am always around for help so don't be shy  to ask some when needed'  he finished speaking to Garm not louder than a whisper but with command to get his point be noted.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts
"Ah, Lysander... you and your rousing speeches."

Aera smiled to herself, her eyes bright with amusement. Anything less than this would have been a disappointment, since everything her brother did seemed like a crescendo that grew indefinitely louder and louder, building upon and erasing everything that has ever been done before.

"Finally, it has begun!"

As the doors to the banquet opened, she quickly set her sights on the food set out for them. The food was tastefully presented– the dishes served were not only Empyrian delicacies, but also included various meats and fruits from the countless vassals of the empire, no doubt to make the foreign guests feel at home.

"Perfect. Just perfect."

She was pleased to see that the arrangements had gone well; at the very least, no one has started killing each other yet on account of some racist comment or cultural difference. Perhaps in time, they would begin enjoying themselves. Then again who wouldn't? Surely criminals and people who never got the chance to eat their fill would see this as some sort of paradise.

"We're in the skies too. How appropriate."

Though talking to herself was getting a little tiring, for the programme's sake, Aera followed the royal entourage to the special table set aside for them. The famed descendants of the Holy Warriors walked behind, so it was rather difficult to get a clear view of the various personages short of her turning around and gawking at them. She hoped that she would be seated beside one of them, but chances were, her seatmates would probably be Lysander, Caius, or Magnar; probably even surrounded by all three, with her in the middle.

"If that happens, I'll just find someone to dance with."

That ought to give the three of them something to talk about.

As they sat, she sighed when her brother took his seat beside her, and the elephant on the other side. At least Caius was a little further. The seat directly in front of her remained empty for the time being. Her head snapped to attention though, as a grey-haired man sat nearby the empty seat. Was that–?

"Tyr, what are you doing here, you wolf?"

As Tyr looked at Aera, it was all she could do to keep from leaping across the table to give her friend a warm welcome. Unfortunately, another guest addressed her before she could get his attention, and when she looked back, he was gone.

Annoyed, the princess determined that the rude guest would be having smaller servings of dessert for their timely interruption.

"Damn them and their agendas. If they wanted more funds for their little enterprises, they are talking to the wrong person."

Though displeased, her face bore little animosity. In a short while, her anger dissipated and a restlessness took its place. Quickly forgetting the previous altercation, she decided to mingle with some of the people on the table.

Edited by paperprosciutto, 11 August 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

The Lady Liliana Celestine Mercia Freesia stared at the plate of delicacies before her. She had served herself from the large platters in the center of the table without really thinking, her mind on matters other than the tempting smell of freshly-baked biscuits.

She was flying. The sensation was electrifying, and absolutely free. Lily made a note to meditate on this later; it was sure to advance her understanding of Wind. What a marvelous creation this “air-ship” was! She could feel the faint traces of magic built into it, placed with the utmost level of subtlety and skill. Its interior was a breathtaking creation of dark wood paneling carved with intricate patterns, rich velvet curtains, in the royal colors of gold and white, framing windows bringing in the clear light of morning, and brilliant crystal chandeliers reflecting off the floor polished to a mirror finish. The flagship was truly spectacular. It lived up to all she had heard from the Duke of Leviathos’s excited readings of the letters his son regularly sent him.

His son, her betrothed. The man sitting in front of her, red locks falling before his eyes as he picked out choice slices of honeyed ham from a gilded silver dish. There were so many interesting people here that she longed to meet-- all sorts of people who looked uncomfortable in this setting, as if they’d rather be facing off an army with a weapon in hand. She watched a grey-haired man excuse himself and make his way from the table. Lily wished she could do the same. But that would be insufferably rude to her fiancee (though she suspected he wouldn’t care). So she gathered her courage and faced Camus of Leviathos. He looked up, and caught her gaze in a deep blue stare, his face unreadable. She gave him a small smile.

“Good morning,” she greeted. “I suppose I should not be surprised to find you here, Lord Camus. However, your father neglected to tell me that you intended to join the Crusade.”

Edited by Nepenthe, 11 August 2013 - 09:51 AM.

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Tyr was snapped out of his thoughts by a soft whistle followed by a solid thud just to the right of his right hand. It was a magnificent shot, with both accuracy and the force to stick into the metal that made up the railing. But that wasn't the most important part. The arrow was one that was very familiar to Tyr. The kind used by a certain childhood friend of his, and just to reaffirm it, Tyr looked at the necklace he had made from the arrow she fired into the ground by his feet when she was taken away. The one in the railing was without a doubt more refined, but the two had a style that was nearly the same. Sashya?! Tyr spun on his heels to find the source of the arrow, and he saw a feminine silhouette crouching in the shadows, her face mostly hidden. Tyr almost didn't recognize her, but the accuracy of the arrow, the style of the arrow, and the two uncomfortable looking guards off to the side gave him more than enough information to make a guess as to who it was. "Sashya?! What are you doing here? I knew you would be here! I've been looking for you since I got here!" Tyr was so confused he didn't know what to feel. Mostly, he was relieved, and happy.

When he caught a slight glance at the golden eyes that were wet with tears, his attention changed focus on the two guards. Tyr glared at them with all the ferocity that gave him his nickname, "The Grey Wolf" and slowly advanced. "Sashya, if these men hurt you, I will rend the flesh from their bones". Tyr was unarmed, his glaive and axe left in his personal room, but he was more than confident that these two guards were little more than a minor distraction. "You two, do you believe you can take me? I'm unarmed, and you have your swords, but do you honestly think you stand a chance? If so, then step up and learn why i'm called The Grey Wolf!" Try growled, his maroon eyes flashing.

Edited by Orcraniil, 11 August 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

The Prince and the Pauper

Aera, Lysander addressed his beloved sister, his voice soothing and calm as always whenever he spoke to her. I’m not forcing you to remain here at the table. Go and have fun with your friends; this is a time of celebration, after all.” His hands formed a tent atop his lap as he watched the banquet unfold. The rowdier of the bunch were fast becoming even louder, and already the prince knew that Magnar was already taking care of his duties to ensure anarchy didn’t break out.

However, before he could say anything further, a man wearing garb unseen in any other country before had slipped through the crowd, having come from the direction that few knew where it led to. A hood covered his face, and a falcon was perched atop his left shoulder. As he approached the prince, several of Magnar’s guard were already becoming nervous of this new arrival. The man stopped just a few feet away, and removed his hood, revealing a young man with pale blue hair. His eyes were like the falcon’s he owned: sharp and ever observing.

Hadrian, Lysander greeted him with a curt nod. I wondered where you had gone to.

Hadrian smiled softly, answering, “Forgive me, Lysander, I had to miss your rousing speech to tend to the engine room. And before you ask, there are no complications. I just had the whim to give The Dawn a check-up.

For many that were listening, it was not lost to them how informal (and rude!) the man known as Hadrian was being in the presence of the prince. Not only did he address him by his first name, he even had the gall to confess intentionally missing his welcoming speech.

Lysander regarded Hadrian silently, but there was no hint of ill feelings on his face. He broke out into a short chuckle, and bade him to sit down. The Warlord did what the prince requested, and took the seat where Tyr had previously sat before. As he looked up, Hadrian found himself gazing directly at a blonde, young woman that sat next to the prince.

Noticing where Hadrian’s line of sight fell upon, Lysander spoke up, Ah! I see you have not met my sister. Hadrian, this is Princess Aera vi Empyria, my younger sister. Aera, this man here is my chief engineer, and the captain of The Dawn; it appears I never mentioned him to you. The veiled insult was not lost to Hadrian.

Hadrian smiled at the princess, and bowed his head politely. “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, princess.

Now that you’re here, would you like something to eat? We offer a vast array of delicacies for you to taste.

Actually…” the engineer drifted, his eyes falling onto the princess. “If the princess allows, I would rather work up an appetite by having a dance with her.” He stood up, and offered a hand to her. “What do you say?

Edited by Liar, 11 August 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Iblis had sneaked onto the air-ship in his Wraith form, he listened to the speech the Crown Prince gave.

'Well He certainly can speak' Iblis said to himself, keeping to the shadows so that no-one notices his ghostly form.

He waited for his acquaintance to make contact, his friend of 5 years the elder daughter of the famed huntress, Rayne.

He still remembered the day they met for the first time and was still enchanted by her macabre yet thrilling dance of death.

But, for now only one thought occupied his mind. 

'Gale' his brother, the last thing to remember his mother by, the one whom he had left behind. as guilt made its way back into his mind, probing, slicing his self-image

He hadn't forgiven himself for what he did all those years ago, of how he had been so selfish so as to leave his kid brother behind, of having forsaken the values he learnt from his lovely mother; his humanity.

He was sure that 'The Reaper' as the rumors had dubbed Gale would certainly make an appearance looking for answers which he sought as well.

'Why?' as thoughts ringed in his mind, 'What had made mother betray the queen?' he hadn't found the answer in all these years and he seeked it desperately.

He noticed a man-mountain doing rounds checking the security, he also saw the sons,daughters of the holy seven who had received everything he never did.

after a while he noticed a lithe woman step out into the balcony, her form was vaguely similar to his acquaintance and of the rumors he had heard, he knew Rayne had a younger sister.

'Let's watch things for now' Iblis thought to himself as he silently observed the woman gaze silently at the morning sky as if searching something lost.

Soon a tall grey-haired man came to the balcony as well wearing a similar pained expression as the lady, judging from his clothes he seemed to be from the North

'Maybe the Valkyrie's son' Iblis thought

'But what have these young ones experienced that they bear such sadness, it's not like their life was tough' He pondered.

Just then an exchange took place, the lady fired an arrow near the man and instead of being enraged reacted as he had seen his long lost love.

From this Iblis concluded his thoughts 'Ah! love, nothing but the greatest sorrow'

he left the lovebirds there as he silently wafted from the scene, fearing that he may have to expose himself earlier than expected.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 11 August 2013 - 10:33 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts

The prowess and skills of The Grey Wolf were not unknown to Sashya's guards and they took a few paces back as they shook their heads wildly, their faces pale with mounting terror. Luckily for them their young charge stepped forward, pulling the hood away from her head to reveal her smiling face. True, her eyes were wet with tears, as were her cheeks, but she placed a gentle hand on Tyr's shoulder and waved the guards away. For once the two men didn't argue and the cowardly guards bolted back inside as if their lives depended on it. Which it very likely did.

Turning her attention back to Tyr, Sashya flung herself into his arms, holding him in a tight embrace. Or at least as well as she could, given that he was taller than she was by a fair bit and far more muscular. "Tyr! Gods, I've missed you!" She felt like she could breathe again, as if the heavy stone had been lifted from her chest and shoulders. Sadness gave way to pure joy there in the early morning rays as the sun rose higher in the sky which gently cradled the the Prince's flagship.

"I knew you would be here too, but somehow, I couldn't find you," she whispered softly against his chest. He smelled wild and untamed. He smelled of home, and she couldn't help but smile through the tears sliding down her already dampened cheeks. She looked up then, and her eyes caught sight of the necklace hanging from his neck and her smile grew. So, that's what he did with the arrow. Her fingers traced over the gift she had left him, and she looked up at him, his words from the last time she had seen him echoing through her mind. "Looks like my wolf found me after all."

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

“Aera, I’m not forcing you to remain here at the table. Go and have fun with your friends; this is a time of celebration, after all.”

It seems that her boredom was difficult to hide. Aera gave her brother an apologetic smile, though his thoughtfulness was appreciated. Sometimes, she envied his ability to sit still for long periods of time without looking uncomfortable or bored. Still, a little excercise wouldn't hurt, would it? A little rush of blood does wonders for the mind.

"Actually, would you want to–"

Just as she was about to invite Lysander for a quick, playful dance, a hooded man with gravitas approached the table and addressed her brother with such direct familiarity; if he were a nobody, he certainly would have been thrown off the ship at this very instant. Though the hood came off, it didn't dispel the mystique that surrounded the man.

"Is that a falcon? On his shoulder?"

With unblinking eyes, she watched them interact, quickly becoming enthralled by the unorthodox Hadrian. Why hadn't she heard of the engineer before if he were on such good terms with her brother? The introduction was polite enough, though a little overly warm; Aera chalked it up to Lysander's protective tendencies.

“It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, princess.”

An easy smile crept up on her lips, quickly growing into a full blown grin when he invited her to dance. Aera's gloved hand brushed against his own; she noticed the engineer's lithe fingers and wondered if his mechanical genius was matched by his grace.

"We'll see about that, won't we?"

Edited by paperprosciutto, 11 August 2013 - 10:52 AM.

Kōtei

Kōtei

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAt the door before the final boss.

"Sir Garm your presence is needed." a voice came from the other side of the door.

In response Garm "I will tend to it in a moment's ti- " but, suddenly Ren cut of Garm and said "Garm-dono pay no heed to me and perform your duties, I will join you in a moment's while". Having heard this Garm nodded and went out of the door and proceeded to the banquet hall. Left alone Ren decided to take off his armor and wear his kimono as it would be unwise to wear such armor at a social gathering. 

After changing attire and leaving his two blades and armor, Ren with only his katana in his waist at his disposal had intentions to catch up with Garm, alas his sense of direction failed him again as he went astray and ended up near the engine room. A soldier there who noticed Renmutsu said suddenly in a serious tone "Halt! This area is not allowed and is for important personnel only". Having taken notice of the soldiers words Ren went back and took a new route, this time he ended up in the kitchen. The smell of spices and food wafted in Ren's nose as assortments of different kinds of food from different parts of the land were prepared. Ren was in a daze for he felt bliss at the sight of food and made him drool. This was abrupted as the head chef questioned him with a smile "Welcome honorable guest, and?" in response he said while losing face "I was on my way to meet Garm-dono but got lost". The chef laughed and said "What a funny fellow, to get lost so easily in this place. Very well i will have a guard escort you to Sir Garm." and instructed a guard to accompany Ren to Garm. 

The guard had brought Ren to the banquet hall and instructed him to wait at that spot, while the guard would call for Sir Garm. The hall was wide and had a very elegant atmosphere, music was present, and long tables filled with food from the kitchen filled with a whole lot of people of high nobility and some known for their fighting prowess were gathered. Garm then arrived and approached Ren and went to check on him. Then things got awkward as Ren's stomach grumbled. Ren smiled showing embarassment to Garm for his shortcomings.

271348800_640.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

~" Batoto Family|War of Batoto|Random Thoughts|"~

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Magnar had thought that the best way to excuse himself of this uncomfortable preposition he found himself in without being rude to the other nobles was to involve himself with work, just then

he saw Hadrian make his appearance, greeting Lysander nonchalantly like he always does.

Magnar loathed the engineer but somehow Lysander was fond of his company.

'Once you run out of thin rope you are so used to walking, my hammer won't be far to crush your little skull' Magnar thought to himself, as he watched him ask Aera for a dance.

Magnar secretly envied his boldness because he was never as smooth as he was, but he also considered him uncouth.

Aera, consistent of her personality agreed much to Magnar's chagrin.

He reminded himself of his duties to break out of the thought and continued his march towards the kitchen, he needed to ensure that supply line worked perfectly and that feast should seem unending.

he signalled for two guards to come with him for doing the rounds and also double up as tasters, as he started for the mess hall.

Just then he heard voices from the balcony, "You two, do you believe you can take me? I'm unarmed, and you have your swords, but do you honestly think you stand a chance? If so, then step up and learn why i'm called The Grey Wolf!" he heard the voice which unmistakably was Tyr's, it seems the Grey-Wolf had made contact with Sashya.

He thought that before things get ugly he should put a stop to this, he knew that the two Ephesusian guards were no match for Tyr.

​He scampered across the hall with his 2 guards in tow, thinking of a way to diffuse the situation.

He heard a murmur and saw the two guards running into the hall. It seems Sashya had intervened, 'well things certainly came to a boiling point' Magnar thought to himself slowing his pace, ready to meet two of his friends a bit more warmly,

he now had the reason to talk with young huntress. Coming into the balcony he saw the two in a tight embrace, tears dripping down Sashya's face. Tyr's eyes too having signs of moistness in them. 

'I am sorry to interrupt'  Magnar said with a start his awkwardness coming to fore once more.

'Perhaps another time,'  turning back, hoping they would stop him but signalling the guards anyway to tend to the duty at hand.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 11 August 2013 - 11:33 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

'Looks like my wolf found me after all' So the fox is claiming the wolf, eh?

'I am sorry to interrupt, perhaps another time,' Tyr blushed, suddenly realizing how the situation must look to someone who just walked in.

'Ah! Magnar, this isn't how it looks, there is a long story behind this, one i'm sure you could've put together by now. Its just a reunion between childhood friends.' Tyr stammered, face still slightly red. He took a moment to calm himself, returning to his usual expression. 'I didn't quite get the chance to talk to you since we got here. I apologize for dipping out of the main hall, but its just not something i'm used to. I suppose I should go back in there and try to get acquainted with some of the people who will be accompanying us on this journey,' Tyr grinned, 'I'm glad to see you've been doing well, friend. You look as fit as ever, and as always your guardsmen are well trained and disciplined' Tyr nodded his head towards the alert guards who had taken up positions where they could view nearly every point in the room easily. 'Ah, I nearly forgot, who is that man dancing with Aera? I can't say i've ever heard of him or recognize him. Something about him... bothers me...' Tyr looked at the man, trying to figure out what it was that was disturbing him.

Tyr looked at Sashya, and gave her a smile, 'I'm glad you're back. Now we should head on in, get acquainted with some of the faces we are going to be fighting with, eh?' Tyr walked into the main hall, looking around for someone he might recognize, but other than Aera, Magnar, and Sashya, there wasn't really anyone he knew. I wonder if Renmutsu would be here somewhere? This thought brought on the realization that Tyr had no clue whether he had ever actually seen Renmutsu without his armor before. Tyr scanned the crowd, and saw a colorful variety of people, including a man in a strange set of clothes next to what looked like a high ranking guard. The guard might not have looked particularly impressive if you just glanced at him, but a closer look gave Tyr the impression that he was someone of quite some skill, and the man in the strange clothes had a somewhat familiar pressure to him as well. Tyr decided to return to the table, and sat in a position that let him keep an eye on the strange man dancing with Aera; as well as a position close enough to others for Tyr to join in conversation or be spoken to. I don't want to seem too antisocial.

Edited by Orcraniil, 14 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

The Warlord

Hadrian’s eyes widened by the bold nature displayed by the princess, but he was quick to recover. He eyes glanced sideways at Prince Lysander, and found the older man give his consent with a small nod, though Hadrian did find it amusing to see the smouldering threat underneath his calm façade. Still, Hadrian did not waste this opportunity.

The Warlord whistled, and the falcon perched atop his shoulder departed, flying up towards the ceiling to make a roost among the rafters. Having found that the princess was more than willing to be his dance partner, Hadrian milked it for whatever it was worth. He led her to the dance floor, arriving just in time for a change of song. Noticeably, he wrapped one arm around her waist, and gently pulled her a little close.

I must be one lucky man,” Hadrian confessed to Princess Aera. “You’ve drawn the eyes of several of the men here, including your brother’s personal hound. There is no doubt that you are a beauty, but I suspect you are much more than what my eyes have laid upon?” He smirked, his voice having deepened on to a more seductive level. “Though I daresay I could see that curious defiance in you that I do not see in your brother.

As he spoke, Hadrian spotted the elephant glaring at him, and he knew how much the man presumably disliked him. Nevertheless, despite this knowledge, Hadrian relished the fact that he must have been envying him for being able to boldly hold the princess in his arms. And though they were only as close as dance propriety dictated, the Warlord was sure that it was far beyond Magnar could have ever hoped to have achieved with the princess. He could hide behind the guise that he only served as her protector, but Hadrian knew far more the motivations of men than anyone else save for the prince.

Edited by Liar, 11 August 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

The evening before the sun began its symbolic rise Caius was already on The Dawn making preparations. There was a lot that needed doing after all and the first impressions here would likely set the mood for the rest of the Crusade. Guard postings, room arrangements, menu, inventory, nothing escaped Caius' watchful eyes and strict pen.

There isn't enough food to sustain all the people on each ship for very long. Our stores are limited, maybe three weeks before people start to go without. By then we can have expected casualties I suppose...Caius did the math in his head and played out each scenario in moments. No. I'll schedule a hunting venture for next Tuesday and we'll need to pick up some crops before Saturday. That Wednesday we might stop in the Northern Marches and trade for fish.  

Caius' responsibilities were many, but for now he would rest. The Royal Pair and Magnar's men were already on board. Boarding of the rest would begin in a few hours and daybreak would see the beginning of their campaign.

-----

The signal horns woke him before the rumbling of the ship had a chance to, and in a flash Caius was back in motion. Everything was checked and double checked as Lysander made his speech. The kitchen staff were bringing out the food on time, everyone was on board, and nobody was dead yet. Caius allowed himself a sigh of relief before he dove into the swarm of people storming in for their meal and did the rounds. A few bandits, but they're looking for a pardon so they know to keep themselves in relative order. That one's an assassin though. In a fluid motion through the crowd Caius' dagger nicked the throat of the would-be assassin and slipped him a phial wrapped in a note. "The Antidote. You only get one." He afforded a glance back at the man, now white as a ghost and shakily opening the bottle. A grin flashed across Caius' face as he continued his pace.

Finally seated beside Lysander, Caius glanced across the table at Magnar, then over towards Garm, and back once again to Magnar. A silent nod accompanied the glance and the two stoics knew all was in order. Then Hadrian showed up.

As his standard arrogance came through in the banter between Lysander and himself Hadrian's gaze fell upon Aera. There will be exactly none of that going on. And as the engineer and pilot asked the princess for a dance Caius spoke. "Have fun with the dance princess but don't take too long. I need to borrow him when you're done." Aera, being as smart as she is stubborn, would no doubt see the man's true intentions soon enough. Caius knew full well the best way to delay that process was to try and stop her from interacting with him at all. Besides, Hadrian captained the ship and Caius was responsible for the heading, so he hadn't actually lied either.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Funny how fate works. In front of it, humans are powerless; they could struggle, they could curse, and they could even try to deny everything; but in the end, they could do nothing but accept what fate throws at them. Perhaps that is the best way to describe the life of Camus, son of Levant the great hero. Thinking back, he had struggled to cope against fate for all his life. Born as the heir of the greatest sorcerer alive? He enjoyed it. Shunned by his peer? He used it to fuel his passion for learning. Having no friends to share his mind? More time for him to interacts with the spirits of nature. But in the end, he could not evade what is coming for him.

Here he is, aboard the mighty airship, greatest invention humankind has yet to offer. He is flying, yet his heart felt no sense of liberation. As of the reason why, it is the lady sitting across the table: Liliana Celestine Mercia Freesia, or Lily for short, his fiancee. She is beautiful, elegant, smart, talented, and cheerful. In short, she is every man's dream. In his case though, she is a nightmare. First of all, they were not betrothed for love. Second, he could feel that she is not comfortable around him. Last, and probably the worst of them all, is that Camus could not think properly when around her. He is in constant state of confusion on how to interact with this lady. On one hand, he doesn't want to let his father down. On the other, he could feel that Lily herself is not interested in him.

"This honeyed ham is too sweet" is what he was thinking when a sweet voice drifted into his ears. “Good morning, I suppose I should not be surprised to find you here, Lord Camus.” It is the voice of his 'beloved' fiancee. Judging from her choice of words, Camus can roughly guess what she is about to say. "However, your father neglected to tell me that you intended to join the Crusade.” Right on the mark. "My apologies," he replied. "I must have forgotten to inform him about my participation in the this campaign." This is, of course, just a lie. After all, it was his father that urged him to join the third crusade. This is probably what his father had in mind all along: to set him up in a voyage with Lily so they would deepen their relationship.

"Whatever you are scheming, it is not working as it should, father"

Feeling Lily's unrest, Camus stood out of his chair. "I'm sorry for my rudeness Lady Lily, but I need to do a periodical check on the airship's engine." Another lie slips through his mouth. "Feel free to enjoy the banquet without me," he continued as he turned his back on the table. He feel bad about leaving Lily in the middle of a meal. But this way, Lily would finally get a chance to freely enjoy the party. After all, what could be more depressing than getting stuck in a meal with a man you barely know?

Edited by fayrbrant, 11 August 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Gale, he was standing near the edge of the airship. Looking blankly through the horizon.

"Hmm…" he pondered as he took a chunk out of the chicken drumstick he held. 

"Science, magic… they are basically the same. The are both made by humans as a way of explaining the world. Of course, science is just another category to sort things that can't fit into the magic of this world…"

He turned looked around back into the airship. Plenty of peoples talked, yelled, and made a large uproar of different voices. Some people came to notice Gale, whispers eventually was heard by him. 

"Have you heard? The Reaper is in the ship!" 

Many people knew him from legends; Yet, he never really killed anyone, other than monsters and beasts that continued to run amok. Perhaps it was his cloak, as it was like the embodiment of the night. Also it could be his scythe, which was dear to him. Forged by one half of his late mother's staff, he held it tight with the memories he had when he with her.

The airship was chock full of nobles, middle class men and peasants. All have been gathered to the crusade. Sadly, the feelings inside Gale felt like many would happen to die during the crusade that was going to happen. But this would not hinder his reason to be in this ship. He was there to find answers, he wanted to know what happened to his mother. What really happened to her, why would she betray the people she was with and die. His motif was not to truly put darkness to it's end and cleanse it with light, but to clear his mother's name as a warlock.

Gale finished his little meal right unto it's bone and started walking around the crowd. People were startled, and some took notice of his cloak and his scythe that weaved around them. The whispers grew more frequent of the fabled reaper on the ship. They started to believe it. Many people tried to push him away, some people tried to talk to him. Yet, Gale didn't care about them, he just continued walking around. He looked around the crowed, he spotted some very notable people, he knew that he would happen to talk to them in the future. After looking around the place from a notable amount of time, he noticed someone. By seeing him a little anger sparked in his mind, his 'brother' that seemed to forgotten him after his mother left.

Gale spoke his name silently with spite, 

"Iblis…" 

He walked towards him and grabbed him tightly by the shoulder.

"It's nice to see you brother, after all these years." he said to him sarcastically. "I wonder what you have been doing all this time?"

Edited by Geo, 14 August 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts
"Have fun with the dance princess but don't take too long. I need to borrow him when you're done."

Aera squinted at Caius, as if to say, "What for?" There was no point in saying it aloud though. It was poor manners to keep one's dance partner waiting.

"Alright, I promise not to keep sir Hadrian."

The shrill whistle made her cringe slightly; she had a peculiar dislike for shrill sounds. Still, the bird's obedience made an impression on her, so she forgave him for the discomfort.

"How did he train the bird to do that? I've never had a falcon before, come to think of it."

Perhaps she could ask later, when she got the chance to talk to him again. For now, the dance. It was rather obvious that he had no problems with physical contact; the casual ease with which he pulled her into the dance told her that much.

"Oh, I know this song."

Her eyes met one of the musicians, and the elderly violinist nodded back with unabashed enthusiasm. She rolled her eyes.

Hadrian's voice brought her attention back to the task at hand: the dance. Leaning into his arms, she slowly took what the man had to say, trying her hardest not to laugh. His observations were uncannily accurate for a man she had just met.

"Good god, Magnar. If looks could kill, this airship would be deserted before the day's end... Then Caius would probably be delighted with the extra rations."

Aera arched a brow at her dance partner, the ghost of a smile on her lips.

"I suppose I'm lucky as well. It is rare... for a man to ask me to dance. I usually do the asking, and if they accept, then I'm lucky."

Tilting her head, she took note of his shift in tone. Hadrian's choice of words tickled her sense of humor, and a laugh escapes her lips.

"You could say... I make enough trouble for the both of us."

At this moment, now would be the best time for him to lead. They had been standing and talking for quite some time now; Aera was beginning to think the engineer was stalling.

"Hadrian... would you much rather talk? The floor is better served for those who actually move around."