Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hetakoi Chapter Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
Well, I don't see much people participating in discussions around here but I'll give it a shot anyways. Come and discuss any chapter of Hetakoi here.

Rockgeta

Rockgeta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Do you have any idea when the next Chapter will be out??
Posted ImagePosted Image

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Well i guess it will take a while, since i think they scanlate the whole volume at once(or something like that).

But anyway, grandpa was really close to telling Ruka that he still likes her. But ofc, it cant be that easy :D
Its nice to see that Ruka is not giving up and is pushing forward, and their relationship is getting back to how it was (kinda~).
Cant wait next volume~ :D

Rockgeta

Rockgeta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Yeah I guess. and I also cant wait for the next volume, I want to see how many more times they get interrupted before their true feelings come out again lol. I was like come on just tell her and then Her phone rings -.- ruining everything. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well I hope this series wont become like GE, because until now its good.

Rockgeta

Rockgeta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Yeah I hope not as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Heleleo

Heleleo

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts
In terms of this becoming another GE, i HIGHLY doubt it, as volume 10 is supposedly to be the last volume, and should be out this month.

One the side, Hobo-1, the group scanlating this is retired. If anyone is willing to take a shot at translating this, raws are out there, groups are willing to start it up again.

*wink wink*

Blackhawksnip3r

Blackhawksnip3r

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

In terms of this becoming another GE, i HIGHLY doubt it, as volume 10 is supposedly to be the last volume, and should be out this month.

One the side, Hobo-1, the group scanlating this is retired. If anyone is willing to take a shot at translating this, raws are out there, groups are willing to start it up again.

*wink wink*

I didnt know that 10 was to be the last volume but i was really into this a lil while back and really hope that someone would pick up the reigns and give it a go. I'd love to see it to the conclusion.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

well I hope this series wont become like GE, because until now its good.

Bleh. GE is...bleh. I like this manga better, but there are some faults that stand out too. But what's funny is that this manga made me more pissed at the protagonist than GE did. Main characters with a weak heart and resolve, and give up easily, are pitiful to watch since their mentality leads them to make hasty and stupid decisions which end up hurting people they didn't intend to hurt. It's especially annoying if all the drama comes from just a misunderstanding.

I like Ruka though. She seems to stay true to her heart, and even hopeful, despite all the hardships that have occurred. The self-pitying protagonist could learn a thing or two from her. I mean she's practically waiting for him to take her....

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
This chapter was still frustrating.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

are you sure that volume 10 is the last one? because on mangaupdates it still says ongoing.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
greensoulreaper . . . you're not the only one, a lot of people get mad at granpa. But I don't as much. It's not entirely that he's weak or what, it's that he finds it hard to believe a girl would like him. And he has a lot of experience telling him it's unlikely a girl would like him. Making it worse is his annoying brother. He knows what a ladies' man looks like, and it isn't him. So when he sees the girl with the self-confident hunk, sure there might be a part of him saying "but she seemed into me" but the bigger part is saying "Yeah, they always go for that kind, never for me. Delusion taken care of, things are back to normal now." What I'm saying is, it's not just that he lacks confidence, it's that his experience and background tell him to lack confidence. So to be confident anyway, he'd have to be really stupid.
When I was younger I had problems a bit like that, so I can feel for him.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
Kotono was the annoying one in this chapter, now she is one who should definitely give up on Yuu, because there is no way he is ever going to see her that way.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
Yuu dug his own grave lol.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Great new chapters, there's only 9-10 chaps left before completion, I'd like to see them get together as a couple before the very end and see some actual romance between them for at least a little bit.

Yeah, mangaupdates now has it listed as 10 volumes complete.

Edited by svines85, 07 June 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

alcrowry

alcrowry

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSomewhere only we know
Next chapter will be the decisive chapter. Pretty sure he'll confess, and what will happen next, I guess most of us all could already imagine.

Few chapters left.....

Edited by alcrowry, 08 June 2012 - 06:08 AM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Yeah, it does look like things have to be coming to a head soon . . . really, for sure, for real this time puh-leeze!

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
He does seem to finally be getting up the nerve to tell her. I hope!

Cydric

Cydric

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTn
I really hope he tells her in the next chapter. It would be a huge waste after he's received so much help from everyone. It pissed me off to no end when he rejected her before she said anything. Then he goes into a self-loathing because he had the human need for comfort from dejection?! His self-loathe and guilt from his old fashioned mentality are what is holding him back from telling Ruka how he feels. He thinks he doesn't deserve her but things got so much better for him when he decided to be selfish in his love for Ruka. Honestly, I know that the weak guy persona works for him but I liked the chapter where he took a kiss from Ruka. It was like Granpa was finally taking a move forward rather than make excuses all the time. He stood out so much more as a main character when that happened.

Also, I have to agree with some of the earlier comments. To start, this is so much better than GE because he's not being inconsistant with his feelings. He knows where his emotions lie and his sense of responsibility were a huge factor in his relationship with Shimazu. It's not like in GE where he doesn't have a clue where his feelings lie and goes with the flow. The other point is that I really want to see a few chapters of relationship between Granpa and Ruka. Who doesn't want to see that after being led around all this time and knowing full well how the characters feel? I honestly can't wait to see what comes next!
Posted Image

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
@ Jcsaxton
I guess I don't entirely agree with one thing, and that's the being pissed off about him rejecting her before she said anything. That's not to say I wasn't disappointed with how things turned out, it's just that to me the situation at the time was a little unrealistic to begin with.

Just like at least one member of the club said, and I'm sure many others were thinking, Ruka made him wait too long. There was the opinion expressed (by the middle school girl that wanted him, but I'm sure others thought the very same thing) that most people would interpret her actions as "playing both sides of the fence" in other words keeping him on the leash but never committing just in case things didn't work out with her old flame. In other words him being played (for a fool).

That's probably closer to my opinion, the situation he was in, the vast majority of people would have ditched her a lot sooner (either man or woman). But now it's all water under the bridge, yayyyyy (let's hope they get together, like, the first page of the next chapter) :)

Edited by svines85, 08 July 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png