Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What version do you prefer?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What version do you prefer? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

What Scanlators version should we keep if there is a double upload?

1. Random Scanlation's. (8 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. XscansX's (16 votes [47.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

3. I want to have both. (10 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
As I have stated here I'm starting a poll.

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Random Scanlation's cleans are too blurry(denoised), so i'll go with xscansx. :unsure:

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I don't really care either way, they should just pool their resources and work together; having said that, I voted xscansx.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

FunnyBunnyLogic

FunnyBunnyLogic

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationThe state that Looks Like a Hand.
Sadly this is a difficult choice to make! Without looking at the raws, it seems that the edits on both versions are about the same. Would I prefer better quality images? Sure, who wouldn't, but since I'm neither paying for, nor working on the comic (and the fact that I'm an amateur editor), I feel at odds giving a critique on the images. But there is more to Sun-ken Rock than images, there's how the story is presented through translation and typesetting. Of the two, I prefer the work done by XscansX, and at the end of the day, the story is what I care about.

One more vote for XscansX.

Though, in my opinion, it would be nice to see both groups pool their efforts and work together on the comic. Since it seems like a waste of resources to have two teams working on the same project. Of course, both teams should do what they feel is best, I'm just offering an opinion.

:batoto_002:

Edited by funnybunnylogic, 03 July 2011 - 07:04 PM.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Just saying I haven't forgotten this topic and I am still thinking about it. Just that I'm really busy right now. It isn't only about this series there are many sereies done by more than one group.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Just saying I haven't forgotten this topic and I am still thinking about it. Just that I'm really busy right now. It isn't only about this series there are many sereies done by more than one group.

Well, as I mentioned before, Batoto is designed to handle multiple groups at the same time by keeping group consistencies when navigating. Also, both groups have expressed their wish to use Batoto, so, I believe the best action is to simply keep both of them. :)

Dev

Dev

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Over all i like Randoms. Xscan has had some quality issues and some mess ups with the wording in some chapters, they use direct translations instead of implementing in their own words that would make the sentence seem coherent to English readers. Plus as far as I know Xscans started translating after Random had already been going since Chpt. 1

Cheesus

Cheesus

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

I don't really care either way, they should just pool their resources and work together; having said that, I voted xscansx.

That will not likely ever happen due to differences.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts

That will not likely ever happen due to differences.

It's a pity, though somewhat understandable.

Well, as I mentioned before, Batoto is designed to handle multiple groups at the same time by keeping group consistencies when navigating. Also, both groups have expressed their wish to use Batoto, so, I believe the best action is to simply keep both of them. :)

Sounds good, everyone can read whichever version they like best.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Hunter4all

Hunter4all

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I voted for XScans ,since i think that their translations of SKR are much better than the ones made by RS ...but,it would be even better if they would make a joint...i think..

phan

phan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I like XscansX, but i would vote for both of group, because the race between them made the release came out faster. Btw, the idea of 2 team work together is just like the unity of South Korea and North Korea...impossible ekk?!

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles
Registered just to post here. Random Scanlations started the project from chapter 1, there shouldn't really be a debate about this.

Tran Linh

Tran Linh

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 47 posts

Registered just to post here. Random Scanlations started the project from chapter 1, there shouldn't really be a debate about this.

that's retard, seriously, had it not been for us XscansX, you would be reading chapter 33 or (at best of them) 34 now. And if you don't like our work, then go and wait for them to release. We don't care if you don't read our scanlation work. Don't read new chapters also. We always win the race so don't read the latest chapters, i would feel more happy if you do NOT read it.

The_Dump

The_Dump

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

that's retard, seriously, had it not been for us XscansX, you would be reading chapter 33 or (at best of them) 34 now. And if you don't like our work, then go and wait for them to release. We don't care if you don't read our scanlation work. Don't read new chapters also. We always win the race so don't read the latest chapters, i would feel more happy if you do NOT read it.

Posted Image

Something tells me you either just joined XscansX, or you are just a neck bearded aspie who can't help but get mad from a post on the internet. Good job making your group look bad.
Posted Image

Tran Linh

Tran Linh

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 47 posts
just eat your name since it suits you, buddy :)
FYI, i'm one of the senior members of XscansX, also the one who translated those last chapter from the Japanese volume. Too bad you had to read our version that you hate, heh.

The_Dump

The_Dump

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

just eat your name since it suits you, buddy :)
FYI, i'm one of the senior members of XscansX, also the one who translated those last chapter from the Japanese volume. Too bad you had to read our version that you hate, heh.

I don't hate xscansx, couldn't give a fuck either way about the scanalators. I bet the others in your group are pretty cool, you on the other hand...

Here's a pro-tip: People don't care who translates or scans, they just want to read.

Told Status:
[ ] Not Told
[ ] Told
[X] The Told and The Beautiful
Posted Image

Tran Linh

Tran Linh

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 47 posts
lolz, u mad? :wub:

The_Dump