Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Meliodas' true form

nanatsu no taizai

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ChibiFightFu

ChibiFightFu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I wondered about Meliodas' true form for a while and I started suspecting he really is a demon when he first showed his other side.

Why a demon? Well, it just striked me. Considering neither Ban nor Diane were normal humans and I thought maybe none of the sins were human. And the first non-human species that came to my mind and fit Meliodas was a demon. After that first thought I always wondered about it and until now there was nothing against it.

First, demons exist. Doesn't mean anything for now, but at least they exist, which makes this at least possible.

Then, there is his age. In chapter 39 Cain said that Danafor was destroyed 16 years ago and he hasn't aged at all in those 16 years, it seems. He still looks like a kid, so I think it's just a shell. It's not his true form but something that is maybe produced by his broken sword that he doesn't let go of and thus his outer appearance doesn't change. 

His injuries also heal quite fast and he couldn't be poisoned. That may also be because it's not his true body but something more or less artificial.

Veronica told Elizabeth that Meliodas is a monster in chapter 28 and that he destroyed the Danafor kingdom (well, he said that's not true, but maybe he just means that it wasn't him but his other side or something? Maybe he lost control?). Either way, a power like that isn't human either.

After Meliodas rescued Elizabeth we see his shadow on a huge rock and it definitely doesn't look human, but more like a demon.

Now, he doesn't behave like a demon, does he? But he certainly is kind of scary sometimes, whenever he is angry. And he doesn't show much real emotion except that. He always looks like he's putting up a front, which might be because he's not a human to begin with and I don't think demons have much emotions either... He could just have copied what he saw until now, so he can look more humanlike.

Now, why is he in that childform? I guess it's some kind of seal. Maybe it was Liz, I don't know. But if it is a seal, it seems like Meliodas himself doesn't want it to break. After all he never lets go of his broken sword, which is probably the seal (whenever he loses his sword, his other side comes out if I remember correctly). This could also be because of Liz, who was really important to him and whose beliefs he inherited after all. 

Just some thoughts of mine I wanted to share...

So, what do you think? Any other ideas?

PS: My english might not be right sometimes, cause it's not my native language. Sry for that :P

Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Another possibility, especially going with his sin, which is wrath, would be something dragon-related.  Given that his tatoo bears the oroboros (mythical serpent that grew so large it consumed itself), it would make more sense for him to have something more draconic in nature.  Also, his age and healing ability could be explained as either shape shifted in some way, or that he's just really really young by most standards (thus when human he looks like a kid).  The shadow I can't really argue with though.  Also, he is known as the dragon's sin by several "holy" knights.  Also, In chapter 17, page 17, when Mel uses some measure of hostility to scare away the hound, it materializes as a large, serpentine dragon.

Edited by Trevor Smith, 05 August 2013 - 11:48 AM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Yeah, I actually suspected he was a dragon in human-form at first... for whatever reason (gonna have to reread) I haven't been suspecting it lately...

but I still strongly feel that he's hiding his true form.

"This statement is not true."

ChibiFightFu

ChibiFightFu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

So, we still don't know what exactly he is, but at least it's confirmed that he's a "demonic being".

I think the dragon-theory is also interesting, though I don't believe in it. Even though he is called the dragon's sin of wrath, that doesn't mean anything, cause neither is Ban a fox, nor is Diane a snake, nor is King a bear. So I wouldn't be so sure just because of his title.

Just this.

Also, In chapter 17, page 17, when Mel uses some measure of hostility to scare away the hound, it materializes as a large, serpentine dragon.

I guess I can't come up with any other reason why it would be like that.

But now that you mention it, the dragon thing looked like it came from the sword. I just thought maybe Meliodas himself is actually sealed in the sword or something and THAT's why he always carries it around, but then the sword would've been sucked into the pendand instead of his body. So maybe the dragon in the sword is his seal and he's something different?

No, I can't explain that...

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Has the demon thing really been confirmed?  Remember the necklace was given from one of the top holy knights (whose name I can't remember).  I have a very strong feeling that the guy was lying to the princess to make her think such things.  The gem could actually trap anyone but if told it only traps demons and it traps Mel then she will believe Mel is a demon.  I won't believe much of the crap that many of the high rank holy knights will say until it's proven.  So I won't believe what Mel is until we fully see it.

TheHabeo

TheHabeo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

At this point, the chances of Melodias being a member of Demon clan is very high. Although how he keeps his appearance is still a mystery.

cookieness

cookieness

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

well he's definitely not human. dragon or demon sure. it would make their team really colorful. a demon/dragon, a fairy, a giant, ban is prolly a human but yea now more like undead haha.

Evilnemesis

Evilnemesis

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM.

Edited by Evilnemesis, 15 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

SNMS6

SNMS6

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBogor , West Java , Indonesia

it is confirmed he have a connection to demon clan ...

20801.jpg

19.jpg

Eldau

Eldau

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDenmark

It could very well be that the dragons are considered a demonic sub-species. That could explain why his "spirit" manifests itself in the form of a serpentine dragon. There could very well be different kinds of demons other than the one Ban fought against.

Although what it looks like right now, it could be that his sin of wrath is derived from a berserker-like instinct which is shared by all demonic beings in the story.

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

What I find funny is that he doesn't even look angry.  Nor does he look calm like the Tranquil fury type.  He looks curious.

Apparently curiosity didn't kill just the cat, it killed EVERYBODY.

Skrymir

Skrymir

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Usually, when a villain makes an assumption of a character and feels the need to ask about it, the said villain is incorrect in the assumption.

In my opinion, this negates the theory that he's part demon....

ChibiFightFu

ChibiFightFu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Usually, when a villain makes an assumption of a character and feels the need to ask about it, the said villain is incorrect in the assumption.

In my opinion, this negates the theory that he's part demon....

I thought so too, but it doesn't negate the possibility that he isn't a half but a full demon, does it?

Kail

Kail

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 14 posts

Definitely demon related, I like to think he made a contract or something with a dragon demon, In order to fight other demons.

Here we can see some sort of monster like his sword and aura. I don't think this is the full extent of his demon powers though, here we see it takes most of his marking to create a wing, while the demon ban killed could create two large ones. So I do hope he has more than this.

Skrymir

Skrymir

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

At the very least, I'm glad that his demon form's half-awakened state isn't greater than a fully equipped sin.

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

I'm still kinda hoping that that form isn't his final form.  I am really interested in seeing that shadow of his take full form.

Joshua Del Prado

Joshua Del Prado

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

At the very least, I'm glad that his demon form's half-awakened state isn't greater than a fully equipped sin.

Yeh I agree. Imagine if Meliodas got his super weapon and gained perfect control over his already magnificent and obviously demonic powers? I imagine the world itself could be rent in two with but a wave of his weapon and destroyed utterly if he swung it in earnest. Imagine dimensions being rended by a single sweep of his blade. Pretty much god mode.

Posted Image

Zalos

Zalos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

His true form may be rather demonic-like but not truly a demon. Or maybe he is just a human with demonic power, he might not be a demon or even something  similar. Maybe he simply misunderstood by those in the manga who fear him.Therefore they may think he is evil or ruthless because of his power and the rumors, also they might think he is a demon or part demon because of his power.  still it will continue to be use as a plot devices, if we ever do learn about his entire past and background.

21.jpg

Edited by Zalos, 30 December 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Myki

Myki

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLA and outa my mind
One thing I'm sure of is that he's not human. Gowther comments that none of them are the same, which seemed to imply that none were from the same clan. They name 5 clans. Goddess, Giant, Fairy, Human and Demon. It's not clear which is Goddess or Human! And Ban, though Elaine called him "Human", might be considered "different" because he is immortal. Surprising that there isn't a Dwarf clan, which Melodias would fit.

Meliodas seems to be linked with the sealing of the Demon Clan, so he might have been created, by the Four Clans, as an unique being responsible for the seal. I suspect we would know more if we knew what happened before he went to Lyoness. Everyone was supposedly killed; but Elizabeth was saved, maybe by Mel. Perhaps there was a previous attempt to break the seal right after Elizabeth was born; maybe her birth accidently weakened the seal, and Meliodas was just barely able to re-seal it. It's interesting that he is the only being capable of leaving a scar on Ban.

Since things are never what they appear, Merlin probably didn't kill the knight, but foresaw the murder and knew the Sins would be blamed. So she was responsible for scattering them and protecting them from annihilation. with what the Holy Knights must have known about the Sins, I find it hard to imagine they would believe they would crucify the knight so crudely.

I think we will know much more when they face the Holy Knights and the Demon clan. Meanwhile, some of the knights are beginning to suspect there is more to the story than they were led to believe.

Edited by Myki, 19 January 2014 - 08:22 AM.

✌۵(☮‿☮)۵ Every Spirit

Cadis

Cadis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
has everyone forgotten what helbram said? "you're fundamentally different from geera... you were mixed from the start"considering he appears to be a smart person, his conclusion might turn out to be sound.