Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Arts and Blog Posts, Q&A's from Kang Im's blog

Tal Kang Im Blog

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

SkyWolf25

SkyWolf25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
Since TAL is on break I thought I might supply you guys with all sorts of things from the author's blog :)
I will translate and post them soon.
Comments and help are welcome! :D You are all also free to translate and post them!
+)please put a link to the original post if you are planning to do so :3

SkyWolf25

SkyWolf25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
For anyone who may want to draw Bi-Gak :)
The picture is there if you click the link, it leads straight to the post in Kang Im's blog.
Copy and paste it if it doesn't work.

http://blog.naver.com/kang_lim_pk?Redirect=Log&logNo=150172213006&from=postView

Post translation:

*after first image*
The full-body design of Bi-gak that 무량한빛(Measureless Light) requested.
He is one of the characters who is bothersome to draw because of all those dangling things. (...)
Wherever I look a 3D materialization of him looks nearly impossible, so I guess some compromising with reality is in need.(-_-;;

â€» and if there is something you don't know, tell me
I've enabled Scrap;;

*after second image*
And thank you for the music present.
Again, thank you, I will use it well... The music is good (happy face emoticon)

*after third image*
The requested left hand with the ambiguous thingy that is either a gauntlet or a glove.
I usually draw an abbreviated version in the manwha since it's too bothersome.
I sometimes don't draw them so you don't HAVE to include them...(-_-a;;

--
Hope you use it well!
Questions, requests for blog links and translations, replies/comments are welcome! :D

SkyWolf25

SkyWolf25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
The designs of the TAL characters' winter clothes have been released four hours ago!
It seems we won't have to wait that long till the next episode...:)

http://blog.naver.com/kang_lim_pk/150173637425

The pictures are there if you click the link ;)
Post translation:

Since it's winter in the manwha their clothes have also changed.
If the season changes again they'll return to their previous clothes.
It's summer here and yet they're wearing winter clothes in the manhwa... Uhmm... I feel so hot I'm going to die...
I believe some of you might be familiar with Yu-Jin's clothes.
It is what you think it is. Why he is wearing that will be revealed in the manwha. (...)

I've said this before, I don't know when exactly I will be returning.
It is not something I can decide on my own, webtoon is office business after all.
It it is decided I will tell you when. We're discussing it now.

And tomorrow's broadcast will be at 7 o'clock or 8 o'clock. ~_~

--
The broadcast that Kang-Im is talking about can be watched in afreecaTV. She plays games(mostly horror games) and talks about thigs. I didn't have a chance to watch it before, so I don't know the details :P
The clothes Yu-Jin is wearing is a kind of thick padded jumper which was given out to Korean soldiers in the past. The military environment wasn't that good then, so the material was itchy and uncomfortable...
Or so the dictionary says. I've never been a soldier before, I don't know much about these either. Anyways, hope that helped.
Questions, requests for blog links and translations, replies/comments are welcome! :D

Edited by SkyWolf25, 09 August 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Xeri

Xeri

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHell
Thank you~~

SkyWolf25

SkyWolf25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
You're welcome! Comments like that keeps me going :D

Some not-so-good news...

http://blog.naver.com/kang_lim_pk?Redirect=Log&logNo=150173974715&from=postView

Post translation:

I'm boiling to death and yet that dirty jerk Yujin is shivering in the cold.

I'm not going to beat around the bush and get straight to the point.

The person in charge of updating my webtoon told me that restarting the webtoon in August is nearly impossible.
We need about 4 weeks' worth of reserved manwha and since I rested for a long time some information sharing is in need.

I'm a bit taken aback because I have been planning to return sooner but to put off resting again or making a puncture there has to be some stored episodes and I believe it will be better for the readers,
so since I'm going to be late anyway I think it will be best if I start after I prepare as much as stored episodes as I can...(- _ - ;; )

For now I will keep drawing and I will decide the date of my return after discussing some more with my webtoon supervisor.
I also have to re-sign my contract...

I'll draw hard to start as quickly as I can.
My goal is to not make a puncture later on..

--
I guess we'll have to wait patiently until September... D:
Questions, requests for blog links and translations, replies/comments are welcom! :D

Edited by SkyWolf25, 25 August 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts

Ah, that's too bad, but I was really surprised that Kang-Im's female O.O

After what seems to be so long, I wonder if the art changed again, just look at the difference between the start of Season 1 and the end...

Xeri

Xeri

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHell

Ah, that's too bad, but I was really surprised that Kang-Im's female O.O
After what seems to be so long, I wonder if the art changed again, just look at the difference between the start of Season 1 and the end...

The Korean fans on twitter told me Kang Im is a girl when they found out I love TAL. xD;;;
Well, some parts of it was borrowed from the Best Challenge version of TAL, before it became a weekly comic as it is now. The Best Challenge version ended at just when Jena got the mark removed by Imae.

Tgirl

Tgirl

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

I finally discovered this story and read it in two days. Niiiice. I don't have to wait too long for its return...., I hope?   Thankfully, a lot of other webtoons to follow while some are on break.  Looking forward to Season 2, whenever the manhwaga is able to upload onto Naver. :) 

(At least, her last blog post was back on the 1st of September. *attempts to run the text through a bad online translator*) 

Xeri

Xeri

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHell

I finally discovered this story and read it in two days. Niiiice. I don't have to wait too long for its return...., I hope?   Thankfully, a lot of other webtoons to follow while some are on break.  Looking forward to Season 2, whenever the manhwaga is able to upload onto Naver. :) 
(At least, her last blog post was back on the 1st of September. *attempts to run the text through a bad online translator*) 

Lemme love on you. I did the same whenever she post a new entry. I even followed her in Naver.

Let's hope it will come out this month.

AishiteruJae

AishiteruJae

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 252 posts

SkyWolf, thank you so much!! :D It's really hard for me to know whats going on with this webtoon, since I don't speak korean and I don't really know how to do that whole translating thing....... But yeah, thanks, you're amazing  :batoto_029:

I really love TAL, it's so sad that there really isn't much of a following here on Batoto :( Well I guess that's expected with the crazy long break it's had..... but yeah I need to re-read the whole seriously or something before it starts again xDD 

Sooo it's supposed to come back this week then? Like has there been any new news? 

currently reading <3 : Trump, The Gamer, Kubera, TAL , Black Haze , Looking for a Father, Dream of a Girl, Aletheia , Don't Cry Bureum , Last Game , Legend of the Sun Knight , A Thousand Year Ninetails , Tiara , Pinocchio , Pandora Hearts , Taiyou no Ie , Twelve NIghts , Wedding Season 2 , Love so Life , Mrs. Angel , Like a bird <3  

Tgirl

Tgirl

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

Lemme love on you. I did the same whenever she post a new entry. I even followed her in Naver.

Let's hope it will come out this month.

^o^  Yeah!! 

Edited by Tgirl, 19 September 2013 - 08:18 PM.

SkyWolf25

SkyWolf25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
There's some conversation going around here! Yay! :D
Sorry I don't have any blog translations right now, I can't use my iPad(I'm using the house phone right now, which thankfully has excess to the internet) so typing things is difficult.
One thing I can tell you is that Tal wasn't updated. It's a Sunday webtoon so it should be updated by Saturday 11 p.m., but it wasn't updated so I guess we'll have to wait another week.
I'll be sure to notify you when Kang-Im posts the update date :)

Xeri

Xeri

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHell

There's some conversation going around here! Yay! :D
Sorry I don't have any blog translations right now, I can't use my iPad(I'm using the house phone right now, which thankfully has excess to the internet) so typing things is difficult.
One thing I can tell you is that Tal wasn't updated. It's a Sunday webtoon so it should be updated by Saturday 11 p.m., but it wasn't updated so I guess we'll have to wait another week.
I'll be sure to notify you when Kang-Im posts the update date :)

I knew that. lol Thanks~~

Oh in Pacific Timezone, at 7 or 8 AM on Saturday, it updates. But in Korea it would be on Sunday at 12 AM. Sometimes, they do update early. I remember one time TAL got updates at 5 AM or something and I was up talking to the Koreans on twitter. So I'll keep an eye out.

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

o.0 :(

I've been reading this series weekly for a LONG while. After hearing about the haitus/break I was a bit sad (cause the series is so good) but shrugged along and went on. I check back every now and then for new updates and haven't found any, for obvious reasons.

Has there still been no new word of what's going on? :'(

3824661.png 16721_s.gif 5059749.png

SkyWolf25

SkyWolf25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

o.0 :(

I've been reading this series weekly for a LONG while. After hearing about the haitus/break I was a bit sad (cause the series is so good) but shrugged along and went on. I check back every now and then for new updates and haven't found any, for obvious reasons.

Has there still been no new word of what's going on? :'(

Gang-Im said it will be updated in December. She already sent all of the needed episodes to the person who uploads the stuff, but the uploader said it will have to be updated in December due do security reasons and whatnot. Noooo D':

+) The blog links will not work. Gang-Im is cleaning up her blog.

Xeri

Xeri

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHell
YAY FOR DECEMBER!

anon12345

anon12345

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndia

Now its 22 December but still no new chapters

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

Should I assume updates will start in January? My Birthday month?  :batoto_021:

3824661.png 16721_s.gif 5059749.png

PsychoticJoker

PsychoticJoker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndia
Has the author mentioned the series being updated in January ?

anon12345

anon12345

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndia

still no new chapters.