Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

yokoi feelings toward seki-kun

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationCHILE, santiago

in recent chapters it looks a lot more like yokoi is starting to not only focus on what crazyness is doing seki, but on him too, and i don't know i would like to them to at least talk some time xD (well it's more like, seki must talk some time!!)

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I gotta say, if this has all been one hugemongous ploy to get her attention, it sure worked.

Yeah, she is starting to focus on him.  In ch. 30, she liiiked him in the glasses.  See that blush?

whitenuts

whitenuts

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I honestly like the fact that Seki barely speaks and all the events are narrated solely from Yokoi's standpoint. It's one of the things that makes Tonari no Seki-kun unique and interesting. I doubt that, if we knew more about Seki than Yokoi's thoughts and observations, he would be such an interesting character. As they say, it's all about the mystery.

I agree about the story progressing to a point she started to develop feelings for Seki, but I see no reason to trash a great narrative style just because of that. I'd personally only forgive that in the very last chapter as a wrap-up.

N33t

N33t

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 88 posts

I honestly like the fact that Seki barely speaks and all the events are narrated solely from Yokoi's standpoint. It's one of the things that makes Tonari no Seki-kun unique and interesting. I doubt that, if we knew more about Seki than Yokoi's thoughts and observations, he would be such an interesting character. As they say, it's all about the mystery.

I agree about the story progressing to a point she started to develop feelings for Seki, but I see no reason to trash a great narrative style just because of that. I'd personally only forgive that in the very last chapter as a wrap-up.

Yeah, I'd like to see something like that in the last chapter or in the last omake.

Tagxo

Tagxo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Florida

Pure love, man

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

certainly part of the magic of the series is that the story is talked from other points of view (Yokoi or her friend, or maybe other characters on ocasions) but never Seki, because that way as you said, it's the mistery ... but I would like that maybe in one point they could be a couple but in that way they could mantain this form (being Yokoi the narrator) and Seki just reacting as always.

• zno likes this

Fronzel

Fronzel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

It's silly, but I have to admit that I think they'd make a cute couple. This undermines chapters with Gotou though because her impression that they're dating is supposed to be comically misinformed.

It kind of reminds me of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya where Kyon first got involved with Haruhi's weirdness by figuring out the game she was playing with her hair, and later an obvious attraction between the two develops.

Railgun

Railgun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

it's pretty interesting that seki actually bothered making yokoi a driver's license (with the <3 symbol beside the name).

it makes me squee.

plum_grass

plum_grass

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Wow, i did not notice the <3. xDD

I want Yokoi and Seki to end up together at the end too! But I agree, only at the end! With Yokoi's imagination, she and Seki oddly suit each other very well, I think (^-^)/~~~

Speaking of which, I would love to see more chapters of the two outside of school xDD

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

This really seems like the kind of series that the two would only hook-up at the end. Hell, this entire story could all be Yokoi telling her child how she fell in love with Seki.

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

This really seems like the kind of series that the two would only hook-up at the end. Hell, this entire story could all be Yokoi telling her child how she fell in love with Seki.

it would be awesome that kind of end and with her child being a little yokoi acting like seki, ignoring her and playing with something while she talks jajaja

• efu likes this

Velvedeer

Velvedeer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIsamu

"How I Met Your Father"

I do enjoy their chemistry together and they'd definitely make a nice if not interesting couple, but I feel that it wouldn't fit the genre itself, seeing as it's more of a gag/comedy manga, not romance-y type stuff. They could get together in the end of the series, but right now I am perfectly fine with the small subtle hints at their love for each other. 

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy this pair though; I want them to kiss as much as the next person if not more :^)))

And about the whole Seki talking thing, I prefer him not to speak until the last chapter. The manga focuses more on yokoi and the comedy p much depends on her reactions (or gotou's) to move the way it moves. But the anime is a different story! I really hope he says maybe one word in an episode in place of all the tiny grunts or noises he makes somewhere in the anime. A girl can dream,,,,

Spoiler

"Exams/Finals are coming up soon."

tumblr_mz0g2ooPDG1toaxy5o1_500.gif

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

it's pretty interesting that seki actually bothered making yokoi a driver's license (with the <3 symbol beside the name).

it makes me squee.

What chapter was this?

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

Yokohama

Yokohama

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

What chapter was this?

I ended up looking for it too after seeing that. It's chapter 37 (page 12).

edit: now that I'm looking at it, I think it was a blank license and the heart+picture was in Yokoi's imagination. easily mistakable though.

Edited by Yokohama, 16 January 2014 - 05:51 PM.

ansem1313

ansem1313

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yokoi will come to realize her life is interesting with Seki in it ;>

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

The last chapter will be the only chapter when Seki opens his mouth to Yokoi, and he'll say, with a relaxed face: "Wanna hang out?"

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

I do enjoy their chemistry together and they'd definitely make a nice if not interesting couple, but I feel that it wouldn't fit the genre itself, seeing as it's more of a gag/comedy manga, not romance-y type stuff. They could get together in the end of the series, but right now I am perfectly fine with the small subtle hints at their love for each other. 

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy this pair though; I want them to kiss as much as the next person if not more :^)))

And about the whole Seki talking thing, I prefer him not to speak until the last chapter. The manga focuses more on yokoi and the comedy p much depends on her reactions (or gotou's) to move the way it moves. But the anime is a different story! I really hope he says maybe one word in an episode in place of all the tiny grunts or noises he makes somewhere in the anime. A girl can dream,,,,

Spoiler

I would enjoy some fanfictions, and I would like to make some draws of both of them xP

Edited by Knight K, 15 April 2014 - 02:28 AM.

Moruno

Moruno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Hell, his mother approved of her.

Also, the whole point of series is

tumblr_n3niiuOnVY1r0rp7xo1_500.gif

and I don't see her interested in just games themselves. She's a girl, after all.

Edited by Moruno, 02 September 2014 - 11:32 AM.

cestalia

cestalia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Well, this is comedy. So the fact that Yoko think of Seki as a nuisance is understable.

BUUUUUUT, I really want to see they end up together. Just look at their chemistry and relationship development.

I think it is possible they become a couple.

Sister in law and mother in law approve. Now we just need Seki's dad seal of approvement :v

And we still have Gotou's imagination XD

IlikeLolis

IlikeLolis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUnder your Skirt

I dont really see this turning into a romantic relationship unless the final chapter has Yokoi grabbing Seki's hand and asking him to play with her.

Though I'm all aboard for shipping, its a gag manga. So don't expect too much until the ending.