Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

RWBY

RWBY Rooster Teeth Monty Oum CGI Anime Recent release

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Well, you can't really judge it by the first episode, considering this is amateur production, not an actual studio that does animation on a professional level.

And considering the lenght of episodes, we have to be a bit patient. So far we got about... 40 minutes of RWBY? That's 2 standard episodes of what we're used to, so it's hard to judge on that.

But the show shows us it can do it :)

i'm not judging it, i'm just saying i didn't like it. sorry if you think i sound too critical. i know you love the show or whatever and i recognize the studio is amateur, but what about it? i'm not going to call a sculpture beautiful just because an "amateur" spent ages making it.

considering the length of the episodes, i think the studio haven't really done their plotting very well. it isn't paced very well. it's a shoddy intro. mind you though, i'm only judging the first episode, so don't go all mad and angry with me now.

Ah, the action bits are certainly the best. The most recent episode, episode 8 is a good showcase of action if that is what you're looking for.

I like the humor as well, but i'm a huge fan of Red vs Blue as well.

the humor? ._.

i'll have a look at episode 8.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Don't just look at episode 8. No jumping now :P Follow the order of stuff, form 1 to 8. It's short enough for you to set some time for it :)

And then you can say if you like it or not.

I was the same when I first saw One Piece when it premiered on TV for the first time. "BWAAA, I don't like this." Boy, what I wrong :P

Edited by Will of NGE, 07 September 2013 - 06:05 PM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
Episode 09 is out.
Poor, poor Weiss, it will be a miracle if she doesn't go mental xD
Yang is of course, Yang xD Her bed is naturaly tied with ropes to a ceiling xD
And Blake... she feels very warm.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

poor poor Schnee ....

she will not survive this

and lol @ the prof.

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Gotta love that Achieve Men poster. They just couldn't resist it, could they?

It was a pretty funny, lighthearted episode. I liked it, though I'm curious what team JNPR was up to that whole time.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

JNPR was probably dealing with Nora :P

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

I just watched every episode yesterday after hearing about it from a friend on facebook. I can't say I'm a fan of it as anime, but I love how well done the animation is and the fighting is cool. The plot is just an obstacle I ignore :P

To be honest, the style of the voice acting and development of the characters reminds me of My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic. The theme doesn't match at all, but the way the characters behave is reminiscent of that. It's cartoon goofy but in a way that you either like or don't mind.

Ruby's fighting style reminds me of dot hack GU. The whole scythe business is just awesome. Personally, though, my current favorite characters are Nora and Blake. I hope it doesn't turn into Touhou with a thousand characters that everyone except me keeps track of.

So, I have a question for you guys, if it hasn't been asked yet: If you had your own weapon(s) in the style set by RWBY, what would they be?

Following the dot hack trend I mentioned early, I'd love to wield a giant chainsaw sword with a shotgun or an explosive weapon integrated into it. I also like Japanese longswords (nodachi) and submachine guns, so I'd combine a Nodachi with either a submachine gun or a high caliber sniper rifle.

The story that has not yet finished...?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Hmmm... a weapon... I honestly have no idea. I once gave it a thought, it was just a thought :P

Let me think about it, and I'll answer then.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
I forgot about the weapon xD

Anyway, did you know that people on Crunchyroll started asking for "original japanese audio" xD Ahahaha :D

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct

oh didn't realize there's this thread!

i already found out RWBY's existence a long time ago, but when my friend started watching 2 days ago, i followed along. ehhh turns out it's really easy to catch up to :D

i like Weiss <3

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Yeeey, another one who believes in Weiss :)

Btw, just picked this up from DeviantArt Journal, it's pure gold xD Barbara "Pun"kelman voices Yang, so this fits perfectly :D

Spoiler

EDIT: Episode 12 is out, and it's a really good one.

Edited by Will of NGE, 04 October 2013 - 02:04 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Velvet needs more love.

Krazoa

Krazoa

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationTrophaeum Tower

While i do enjoy watching the show I think Monty needs to make new running animations. Everyone runs the same and i noticed the same running animation being used in season 10 of RvB

Just my little problem

One to change it, One to write a poem about it, One to cry and whine about how they miss the old One

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I'm pretty sure the animations will be improved more and more as the crew gets more and more experiences with working on animation for RWBY.

Also, Velvet will definetly get some more love :) Team stated in a live chat that they will hold a contest where fans will be able to draw her battle attire over a template they'll post online.

OH AND! It should be noted that this week's lack of episode was announced. It was also announced that there are 2 more episodes in Season 1, coming next week and week after that. Both episosed will be a minimum of 10 minutes.

Edited by Will of NGE, 27 October 2013 - 02:02 PM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

So, Season 1 of RWBY has finished. Any thoughts on the awesomness?

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

It. Was. AWESOME.

That's my thoughts summed up.

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

And the team is now locked solid :D And Penny is interesting.

I wonder who the monkey boy is though. He fights like a champ.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

I completely forgot about RWBY D:

Just watched the last episode! \o/ it's awesome! So, when does season 2 start.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Edited by DarkPrince, 01 December 2013 - 07:39 AM.

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Sun Wukong definitely fights like a champ. His voice actor is also engaged to the voice actor of Ruby. 

Season 2 hasn't had an announced start date, however Monty has released a contest where you submit the battle-clothing of Velvet, the bunny girl that Cardin was bullying in one of the Jaunedice episodes. Link to the contest riiiight Here.

Give it a try if you're of the artistic type. Monty even drops some hints such as Velvet being a very athletic and mobile mage-type, so that means heavy armor is out of the question. She's also quite modest, so nothing cray revealing. If I had some sort of talent, I would give it a try, unfortunately... Yeah...

XD

Spoiler

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Yep. Though I would love if he got a new attire. That open shirt just doesn't do it for me D:

Woah, that looks fun. I think I'll go ahead and give it a shot. Wonder when's the closing date. Don't think it was mentioned.

Ooh, so she's prolly badass too. She should be matched up against Cardin in the tourney [if there is one] !!

EDIT: loool, check out this version: http://roosterteeth.com/members/contests/entry.php?id=3914

I really hope it doesn't get most votes. It really is possible.

Edited by DarkPrince, 01 December 2013 - 08:30 AM.

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N