Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

RWBY

RWBY Rooster Teeth Monty Oum CGI Anime Recent release

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

I just thought I should make a topic for discussing RWBY, which i'm very excited for, and can't wait to see more of. I'll try to give a quick run-down as simply as possible, but the best way to experience it is to watch the trailers and first episode yourself.

Official_logo_for_RWBY.jpg

RWBY (pronounced "Ruby") is an anime/CGI production from Rooster Teeth, animated by Monty Oum.

RWBY: [/size]

Red = Ruby Rose
White = Weiss Schnee
Black = Blake Belladonna
Yellow = Yang Xiao Long

The four main characters of RWBY are each matched with their color both with their names relating in some way, along with their actual character designs. The Black trailer (the third one released, with the trailers being released in the order the colors appear in the title) was the first to feature the actual voice acting. Probably one of the weakest points in the series, some of the voice actors are no professionals, but its not unbearable. It's also important to keep in mind that voicing a project like this is quite different from Rooster Teeth's other fare (Red vs. Blue, P.A.N.I.C.S., Comedy-based machinima), and as such will take some learning on the part of the voice actors. I personally look forward to seeing how much they will have improved by the end of the season. The first episode was released July 18, but was first shown exclusively to RTX attendees on July 5.

Oh! The music is amazing too. So far, every song is available for purchase from iTunes or Amazon MP3. "Red Like Roses" and "I Burn" are my favorites. And the OP, of course. The name of the song is next to the trailer its in. All songs are by Jeff Williams.

Now, my suggestion, just give it a watch yourself:

"Red" Trailer
Song: "Red Like Roses"

Spoiler

"White" Trailer
Song: "Mirror Mirror"
Spoiler

Black and Yellow trailers coming up in a subsequent post, It won't let me embed all four in one post.

Now, you'll have to go to the Rooster Teeth website in order to watch the first episode, but 'cause i'm nice, have a link: http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=7872

P.S. Does that voice doing the prologue in the first episode sound familiar? That is Jen Taylor, AKA Cortana, of Halo fame.

Edited by Orcraniil, 29 July 2013 - 10:50 PM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Seen the first episode few days ago. Wasn't aware Rooster Teeth was capable of something like this.

I'm really looking forward to more of this, it looks like a very promising show.

"Black" Trailer

Song: From Shadows

Spoiler

"Yellow" Trailer

Song: I Burn

Spoiler

Edited by Will of NGE, 29 July 2013 - 07:17 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Thanks for finishing off the 4 trailers for me, :D I was trying earlier but it just kept re-adding them to my first post.

Monty Oum is a crazy guy, and I love his ideals. sniper rifle + scythe, shotgun + gauntlets. etc. He said in an interview that we haven't even seen his favorite weapon yet. I can't wait to see how the story is going to play out. 

Edited by Orcraniil, 29 July 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Spoiler

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

Well, watched the 2 episodes, got me interested,

lets see what wil happen

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
Episode 3 released on Rooster Teeth website.
Too bad they're so short :( But then again, it's not like a whole damn studio is working on it day and night :P

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

i really really really don't like yellow somehow

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

I like Yang, but to each his own. I do think she is a bit too... hmmm... I'm having difficulty think of the word I want to use. Irresponsible, I suppose.

Edited by Orcraniil, 03 August 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Yang's voice actress described Yang as "someone who will teach you how to swim by pushing you into water".
So yeah, Yang is irresponsible and hot headed. Also relies on her sexuality, evident from her walk and outfit. She's also the only one seen smiling during combat, so it's evident she likes it.

EDIT: Episode 4 has been released. http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more

Edited by Will of NGE, 09 August 2013 - 04:07 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

And episode 4 introduces 2 of the characters I was really interested in the opening. Lie Ren, and Pyrrha Nikos

As well as setting up for an amazing next few episodes.

Edited by Orcraniil, 09 August 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
Episode 5 is out. We got to see more of "Athena" :P And Yang was of course Yang, she is enjoying herself a bit too much :)
Poor Jean xD "THANK YOU" from the distance xD
And tere is bound to be some action in the next episode :D

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Who's Athena?

Also Ruby x Jaune OTP

Edited by Liar, 17 August 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
Pyrrha Nikos, the spear/rifle girl. Reminds me of goddess Athena.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Spear + rifle = Spifle?

This episode had a lot of what I wanted to see. Plenty of humor. "Birdie, NO!", "Nailed it!", *thunk* "thanks!" "I'm sorry!"

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Name of her weapon is Xiflelin, it's a javelin that can transform into a rifle, but the tip of the javelin looks like a double edged greek sword, Xiphos.

Xiphos + rIFLe + javELIN = XIFLELIN

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

RWBY is in reference to Red, White, Black and Yellow... Why not just call it that, and not "Ruby", which seems rather ackward for a title...

Oh, and this series like it would make a better video game.

FYI, the series is also on Crunchyroll.

Edited by DVerde, 25 August 2013 - 03:51 AM.

http://www.gameanyone.com

Your number one source for video game walkthroughs, and Visual Novels. :P

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Honestly, I prefer saying Ruby over RWBY for some reason. Also, I didnt know about the show being on Crunchyroll, I cant really watch anything good on CR any more now that i'm in Korea. Region locking nonsense.

Spoiler

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
You pronounce it as RUBY but it is spelled as RWBY because it is not Red Uhite Black Yellow.
Crunchyroll just recentrly started showing RWBY, but I never liked that site. Stupid region locks, pathetic.
And yeah, it would make for an awesome game, bit your reply makes me say "well go and make it if you think it is that easy".
Sorry if it sounds a bit agressive, but your comment felt that way.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

i absolutely love RWBY it is really funny and anime based so that is a plus.  I do not believe it will touch the comedy of Red vs. Blue.  However, it has its own identity and because of that, i want to see how far it goes. 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Everyone widely agrees that it makes a better game than a show.

And I also agree.

They need to get it made.

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

You pronounce it as RUBY but it is spelled as RWBY because it is not Red Uhite Black Yellow.
Crunchyroll just recentrly started showing RWBY, but I never liked that site. Stupid region locks, pathetic.
And yeah, it would make for an awesome game, bit your reply makes me say "well go and make it if you think it is that easy".
Sorry if it sounds a bit agressive, but your comment felt that way.

I always come off that way. :P I said it would make a better game, because it already looks like a game, so to speak.

If you wanted to call it "Ruby", you may as well make a different acronym for it then

http://www.gameanyone.com

Your number one source for video game walkthroughs, and Visual Novels. :P