Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion/Other Convo

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

A great shoujo romance so far. Very entertaining with lots of different elements that give the story depth and creates interest in our characters and how things will proceed.

Obviously there's far fewer Korean works scanlated as compared to Japanese manga, so I'm always on the look-out for new manhwa.........especially shoujo ones. :D

Here's hoping this one will gain lots of new readers and that they'll take this opportunity to discuss it here. 

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

So far it's a pretty good situational comedy.    She is something else but I understand Why she feels that way with the way her grandfather is being and all. 

Edited by inzaratha, 25 July 2013 - 03:41 PM.

miraculous

miraculous

Fingerling Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 57 posts

The reason I like this story is because it's a romance but it takes a while to build, and not in the typical flowery way. And it's a gender bender so that's even more interesting.

It's a story that focuses on character development. It's gonna be fun watching the 4 of them work together as a group. Everyone is pretty flawed in terms of personality and have their own issues they deal with.

Edited by miraculous, 25 July 2013 - 05:06 PM.

miraculous

miraculous

Fingerling Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 57 posts
Oh, if anyone reads this, I've sent my translations of the next few chapters to another group. The old "team" can't scanlate anymore due to various circumstances. A new chapter might be out soon :)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up, I've been hoping to see more :)

Tn7HA0h.png

miraculous

miraculous

Fingerling Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 57 posts
The series definitely gets funnier and more interesting! Should be out in a couple of days :)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

The series definitely gets funnier and more interesting! Should be out in a couple of days :)

Oh wow, you were right, that really was hilarious.........didn't even think about what she was letting herself in for :D

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

This is good,   I love gender benders cause of the humor.    Thanks! 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, she really did rush into this without considering the situation she was going to be in :D

Tn7HA0h.png

miraculous

miraculous

Fingerling Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 57 posts
Something went wrong with the final uploading process and the scans became rather low quality >_< Sorry about that lol We'll make up for it!

Edited by miraculous, 14 September 2013 - 07:43 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Something went wrong with the final uploading process and the scans became rather low quality >_< Sorry about that lol We'll make up for it!

it might be different now (I read it when it was first uploaded) and the image size was smaller than normal. No biggie, these things happen, it was a great chapter anyways :D

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

Yes, it was very small size picture wise, but the chapter was really good, pretty funny her reactions to stuff.  

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Haha!! Oh man, I'm not sure the author could portray "little" Kang as much more of a slothful glutton if they tried to :D

I'd actually feel a little sorry for the poor fat thing if it didn't seem like he was so darned happy being a slothful glutton......

SgDoVbV.png

Tn7HA0h.png

miraculous

miraculous

Fingerling Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 57 posts
i don't think i can be friends/roommates with ji-woo. way too OCD. we would kill each other as roommates lol. she looks like a person that lysols every single corner of a place constantly if she could lol.

the problem with small kang isn't that he's overweight though or his alleged "overeating". (because some people are just genetically built to gain weight faster than others). and i think it's okay to be eating a lot and all the time. i know lots of skinny, healthy people who do just that. it's just that he gives off the impression that he's a slob and he's lazy and awkward. which is why ji-woo's "ugh you're so disgustingly fat" thoughts of him in the beginning gives off the impression that she's shallow too. then again, she doesn't have good memories of his personality either.

anyway, if i were him, i wouldn't care either. i'd be like yeah, i'll just eat here while you guys argue lol

Edited by miraculous, 20 September 2013 - 11:54 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

i don't think i can be friends/roommates with ji-woo. way too OCD. we would kill each other as roommates lol. she looks like a person that lysols every single corner of a place constantly if she could lol.

the problem with small kang isn't that he's overweight though or his alleged "overeating". (because some people are just genetically built to gain weight faster than others). and i think it's okay to be eating a lot and all the time. i know lots of skinny, healthy people who do just that. it's just that he gives off the impression that he's a slob and he's lazy and awkward. which is why ji-woo's "ugh you're so disgustingly fat" thoughts of him in the beginning gives off the impression that she's shallow too. then again, she doesn't have good memories of his personality either.

anyway, if i were him, i wouldn't care either. i'd be like yeah, i'll just eat here while you guys argue lol

True, true,  it's mostly that the author seems to be going to great  effort to make small kang look bad, not that his being heavy set automatically makes him that way..........and yeah, she's also being portrayed as pretty darned stiff and picky too. In all fairness though she probably can't help herself, she's apparently lived a sheltered life of privilege and doesn't know any other way to be. :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Evilnemesis

Evilnemesis

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts

True, true,  it's mostly that the author seems to be going to great  effort to make small kang look bad, not that his being heavy set automatically makes him that way..........and yeah, she's also being portrayed as pretty darned stiff and picky too. In all fairness though she probably can't help herself, she's apparently lived a sheltered life of privilege and doesn't know any other way to be. :D

It makes sense for the author to put a lot of emphasis on making the small one look bad.

You have to remember that this is in korea. Being overweight in asian countries like Japan or Korea isn't perceived the same way than, in let say, North America. It's a lot more stigmatized. He's fat, weak, and pretty slow up there too. Overall not someone you'd want to hang out or live with.

It's true that she's stiff and picky because she's been sheltered. But I'm sure that's more because she has always been alone. Grandpa probably is a workaholic and ... the parents. I forgot, but they don't look like they're around, did they die the cliché death of some airplane/car crash accident? I can't seem to remember if that's the case.

If you live alone a lot you tend to not be able to cope with the fact that others have different values or likes/dislikes then you.

Especially if they're of different sex, doubly true when in context of countries that separates gender a lot in terms of live choices and obligations.

miraculous

miraculous

Fingerling Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 57 posts

It's true that she's stiff and picky because she's been sheltered. But I'm sure that's more because she has always been alone. Grandpa probably is a workaholic and ... the parents. I forgot, but they don't look like they're around, did they die the cliché death of some airplane/car crash accident? I can't seem to remember if that's the case.

Car accident! lol

yeah, i agree with you... now that i think of it, we've only seen him be really sloppy at everything and just eat his way out of a problem.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hah! That was hilarious, our girl might have some faults but she's a skilled manipulator :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Breizh

Breizh

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
I hope she will realise soon she got the wrong person, it´s getting kinda awkward ^^

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

The real one asking her straight out about the motives for getting close to small kang was good putting it on the spot like that,  but then when she puts on her charm and he doesn't understand why he is thinking a guy is sparkling is funny.    It is awkward though.