Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Inuyasha

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Andrez-ssi

Andrez-ssi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

Hey, can any of you tell me about the Inuyasha reference in chapter 16?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/24272/mister-ajikko_ch16_by_overload-scans/23

Why does a series that ends in 1989 mention a character in a series that starts in 1996? I mean, that's a 7 year difference. The only thing I can think of right now that could explain it is that Inuyasha was already being developed by the mangaka at the time and that Takahashi (creator of Inuyasha) and Terasawa (author of Mr Ajikko) were pretty close. But if that were the case, how would he know Inuyasha WOULD be published? So this logic is kind of flawed...

Anyway, does anyone know? Not knowing... it irks me

RingoCygnus

RingoCygnus

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts

Great catch. Hahaha.

Truth is, it originally was not an inuyasha reference. Claymoresmiley, the translator added this in the script: "Eh it's a reference to some old character neither I nor anyone else will have heard of so use this" (of course it didn't say "Wait that hasn't come out yet" either) The reference was likely something that was popular during the 80's... I have no clue what it is though. We decided to just leave that note out - which might not have been the best decision. Anyhow, now you know.

Edited by RingoCygnus, 06 August 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Andrez-ssi

Andrez-ssi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
Thanks for the explanation, RingoCygnus, now I know :3

Oh, and thanks for this manga, it's pretty enjoyable :D