Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Favorite Quote

• Please log in to reply
3456 replies to this topic

Aurius

Aurius

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location.

Calliphone threw up her hand and looked away. 'What happened to the man I knew who wished for no more war? The boy who drew such wonderful things?'

'Nobody wanted them,' he said. 'The Emperor uses me for the most thankless tasks. My men are thrown against the worst of horrors, given the most gruelling roles. We are divided, our talents ignored, our might reduced to splitting rock. My father ignores me. My men go unsung. Our triumphs are unremembered. My brothers mock me as my men bleed. Nobody cares.'

'Is that so?' she said. 'Let me present a different hypothesis to you, brother. Use that fine mind of yours to judge its worth. Here is my version of the story - the Emperor of all mankind came here and found a son whom he valued. He saw an indomitable will, with unshakeable determination. He recognized that you would not give up, that you would rise to best any difficulty, that the tedious to you is as necessary a challenge to overcome as the glorious, and neither are to be shirked. Seeing these qualities in you, your father set you difficult tasks, not because he saw no value in you, but the exact opposite - he can trust no one else to get them done.'

'That is not true,' said Perturabo, though the acid of uncertainty began to eat at him. 'He underestimates me. They all do.'

Calliphone went on. 'For a long time, I thought you a fool to follow the Emperor. After all, he is a tyrant like all the rest. Look what he has done to you, I thought. He has brutalised you, and your wars have brutalised your home. But the truth is, brother, I have followed your campaigns carefully, and I noticed a pattern that disturbed and then alarmed me. Always you do things the most difficult way, and in the most painful manner. You cultivate a martyr's complex, lurching from man to man, holding out your bleeding wrists so they might see how you hurt yourself. You brood in the shadows when all you want to do is scream 'Look at me!' You are too arrogant to win people over through effort. You expect people to notice you there in the half-darkness, and point and shout out 'There! There is the great Perturabo! See how he labours without complaint!' [...]

'You came to this court as a precocious child. Your abilities were so prodigious that nobody stopped to look at what you were becoming.' [...] 'Perturabo, this will anger you, but you never truly grew into a man.'

'I am not a man,' he said. 'I am far more.'

'In those words is the poison that spoils your potential. It is not the Emperor who has driven this world into rebellion. It is not he who has held it back. It is you and your woeful egotism. Let me tell you, my brother, you who affects to despise love so much yet must certainly crave it over all other things, you are the biggest fool I have ever met.'

-Guy Haley, Perturabo: The Hammer of Olympia

Lambdadelta Umineko

Lambdadelta Umineko

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSài Gòn

"All is fair in love and war"

Fefnir from Megaman Zero series.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

"All is fair in love and war. What a contemptible lie!"

Lazarus Long

Edited by PervySageChuck, 26 August 2017 - 06:17 AM.

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

87ceeb

87ceeb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMalang

"To conjure a truth , one must be detached from emotional feeling while understanding them" by my mathematic teacher back then in my high school second year .

"To conjure a truth , one must complete each of wh question related with the phenomenon with a related fact" by my english teacher who is also my mathematic teacher back then in my high school second year .

Truth is something to be conjured , seeked , shared , confirmed , or sometimes just given to us , with or without condition . And sometimes it take hundreds of years to confirm 1 single truth . 

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

"Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be."

-Alan Watts

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

"Reality is nothing more than a pigment of one's own technicolor imagination."

PervySageChuck

Lambdadelta Umineko

Lambdadelta Umineko

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSài Gòn

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."  Helen Keller

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

"The most beautiful world in the world
And though there are times when I doubt you
I just couldn't stay here without you
So when you get older
And, over your shoulder
You look back to see if it's real
Tell her she's beautiful
Roll the world over
And give her a kiss... and a feel."

Harry Nilsson

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."

C.S. Lewis

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Faederwulf

Faederwulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

"I love the name of honour, more than I fear death." ~ William Shakespeare

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

"Success is like being pregnant, everyone says congratulations but nobody knows how many times you were fucked." 

- Unknown

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Faederwulf

Faederwulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

"What is there in this that is unbearable and beyond endurance?" ~ Marcus Aurelius

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

"What is there in this that is unbearable and beyond endurance?" ~ Marcus Aurelius

"Having to put up with my idiot brother and his big mouth!"

A certain senile old pervert's sister answering Marcus Aurelius' question

Edited by PervySageChuck, 18 November 2017 - 01:16 AM.

Faederwulf

Faederwulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ J. Krishnamurti

Hoet

Hoet

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 323 posts

Those who start out burning books will end up burning humans.
~Heinrich Heine

hmmerp_zps488b0742.png

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

"She's a witch. May we burn her?"

From Monty Python and the Holy Grail

sharonlausk

sharonlausk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

"Anyone who can solve the problems of water will be worthy of two Nobel Prizes - one for peace and one for science."

John F. Kennedy

Barnsworth

Barnsworth

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

“Recognizing happiness when it's lying at your feet, having the will and courage to reach down and take it in your arms--and to hold on to it--that's the heart's intelligence. Intelligence minus the heart is just logic, and that doesn't amount to much. - Arthur” 
(Marc LevyIf Only It Were True)

Aurora

Aurora

Potato

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMusée d'Orsay

"You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known- and even that is an understatement."

--F. Scott FitzgeraldLetter to Zelda Fitzgerald, 1939

tumblr_mn4lhiwDI41soyzg6o2_250.png

There are flowers everywhere, for those who bother to look.

— Henri Matisse

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

"A man does not insist on physical beauty in a woman who builds up his morale. After a while he realizes that she is beautiful--he just hadn’t noticed it at first."

Lazarus Long