Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Annoying Ads? (v2)

virus? Scam ads bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Please gather all issues related to advertising here. Thanks.

If you see annoying ads that:

• Play Audio automatically (having the option to unmute or play which then starts the audio does not count)
  • expand automatically (ie grows outside of it's usual space without any interaction)
  • any popup (whether within the site, virus warning popup... anything popping up!)
  • any redirection
  • adult ads

Please let us know. We'll try to remove them. We have filters set to not display such ads to begin with. But some seems to slip by. sad.gif

How to identify and report?
Well, more information the better. Information that could help are: (most important to least important)

• The page that you were viewing when the bad ad occurred (could be included in screenshot). Critical! Without this information, we can't take any action because we don't know what caused it.
  • Screenshot - A good screenshot should show it's placement of the ad with respect to its page. In otherwise, post everything, not just the ad itself.
    Sample of a good screenshot. Sample of bad screenshot.
  • Your Operating System & Browser.
  • Name of the advertiser such as the brand.
  • Link the ad points to (do not click please, just hover and find out if you can. If not, oh well. It's not the most useful info).
  • And if you're slightly more technically gifted, the source around the ad itself. If you're technically gifted. See #8.
  • Please DO NOT add a hyper-link (clickable) to a bad website. Meaning, if you want to write down their address, replace "http" with something like "hxxp" so that it doesn't become a clickable link. We don't want to give the baddies more points by giving them referring links in the eyes of search engines.

• If you want to be SUPER helpful. Forward me a copy of the HAR data that resulted in the ad. To get this, you need something like Chrome's [Developer Tools] > [Network] already open before getting to the page. Afterwards, right click on the network traffic and copy all info as HAR. WARNING: This data may contain sensitive information that you should never post to the public. PM Grumpy the data or email me ([email protected]).

Thank you!

Just as a footnote, any ads that violates any of the specification above is a violation of the advertisers own Terms and Conditions. Though I will try to manually remove problematic ones, many are often removed by the advertisers themselves as they don't want it either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This post is written by Grumpy, not mhh.
Should a specific ad network become unbearable, I will replace them with these until issues are resolved even if it takes forever.

Spoiler

Edited by Grumpy, 25 April 2014 - 02:27 AM.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

So this is not forgotten: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/12565-flash-popup/?p=724852

-----

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ALSO NOTE BEFORE POSTING

1) Put link of the Advertisement in Code, by clicking on the <> Icon you can see in the Image here to make things easier for the Admins.

Spoiler

2) Where it says "http://Advertisement-Link.Url" Please manually edit the Http to Hxxp or something Similar, so it reads as "hxxp;//AdvertisementLink.Url"

Edited by Mizuho Kazami, 01 April 2014 - 08:50 AM.

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

Edit: It was only me.

Edited by Murdath, 20 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

Khrazy_one

Khrazy_one

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationNecromancer until the very end. Goodbye everyone ^___^/

Got this pop up while reading.

Here's a screenshot.

Spoiler

If I get another one, should I include the link, as well?

Edited by Khrazy_one, 21 June 2013 - 11:22 PM.

danield21

danield21

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I was reading the new chapter of Gokukoku No Brynhildr when a pop up appeared and my anti-virus(Avast Free) alerted my that the popup contained a Trojan. I copied the link and pasted it here. My anti-virus blocks the website, so I don't know what it leads

cdn.hyperpromote.com/showaon.html?bvgeocode=ZZZ&bvlocationcode=1342629&bvtitle=Gokukoku%20no%20Brynhildr%20-%20ch%2046%20Page%202%20a%20Batoto!&bvurl=http%3A//www.batoto.net/read/_/178195/gokukoku-no-brynhildr_ch46_by_trinity-bakuma/2

Edited by danield21, 22 June 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Hello new friend. My name is Fred.
The words you hear are in my head.
I say I said my name is Fred.
And I've been very...

Spoiler

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Well, I stopped using the network I believe is the cause of all these popups. And you may occasionally see a silent nyan cat as a result of it.

twiliger

twiliger

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, always warm and never cold.
hxxp://ad.reachjunction.com/clk?3,eJydjd0KgjAUgJ.GOy.anLkYXWxNV-BWiiV5EylbP2aQFKOevlbRA.RxOJxfPhAQHGowMgY0jdkapAEBgYlqGA1fQ39ACAkwQgBCOAx96kjrY2b5PWlj9u6nl-Uqox92dEZdOBbYZR6bG5PffVVa9akmtSgH9H.4TrOvx.nsS80xvYj2rB-Y.c6EDGRBkeryfVrm7VzIqyySkzyAQyWWNi3UUYk4lF3eKVi1a.v7HPu-B5EXsV4b3et-c-tPXsSfa21Wwg==,

hxxp://content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net/atoms/97/dc/c3/b0/97dcc3b0e7736659d46f2e7222ebda65.gif

Edited by mhh, 25 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.
Removed Links.

You have forfeited your right to existence ...
Your life is mine to take ...
And I shall take it right here, right now ...
Bwahahahaaa ...
Oops... Dang!
Forgot to make him kneel ...

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Please DO NOT add a hyper-link (clickable) to a bad website. Meaning, if you want to write down their address, replace "http" with something like "hxxp" so that it doesn't become a clickable link. We don't want to give the baddies more points by giving them referring links in the eyes of search engines.

Links removed.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

hxxp://ad.reachjunction.com/clk?3,eJydjd0KgjAUgJ.GOy.anLkYXWxNV-BWiiV5EylbP2aQFKOevlbRA.RxOJxfPhAQHGowMgY0jdkapAEBgYlqGA1fQ39ACAkwQgBCOAx96kjrY2b5PWlj9u6nl-Uqox92dEZdOBbYZR6bG5PffVVa9akmtSgH9H.4TrOvx.nsS80xvYj2rB-Y.c6EDGRBkeryfVrm7VzIqyySkzyAQyWWNi3UUYk4lF3eKVi1a.v7HPu-B5EXsV4b3et-c-tPXsSfa21Wwg==,

hxxp://content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net/atoms/97/dc/c3/b0/97dcc3b0e7736659d46f2e7222ebda65.gif

Sorry, but you must provide more information. See the first page for details. More the better. With just a link of where it goes, it's not possible to track down the ad.

Infset

Infset

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Hi,

Got a auto-play ad, really annoying.

Print and code (too lazy to filter the code from the ad) attached.

Attached Files

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="hxxp://cdn.adnxs.com/p/09/fe/b8/db/09feb8db024b462466b4886780d50c79.swf?clickTAG=http%3A%2F%2Fnym1.ib.adnxs.com%2Fclick%3FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADMzMzMzM8M_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACR2POh1rd94zL7L4qdyIB6FDtFRAAAAAO1bEgDIAQAAkwQAAAIAAAAOA20AoxMDAAAAAQBVU0QAVVNEANgCWgAb-wAA3FkAAgUCAQIAAIQAihbpmgAAAAA.%2Fcnd%3D%2521bQURMgjeumEQjoa0AxijpwwgAg..%2Freferrer%3D%2524%257BREFERER_URL%257D%2Fclickenc%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fseth.avazutracking.net%252Ftracking%252Fredirect%252Fredirect.php%253Fid%253D9870697%2526czid%253DYXZhenU5ODcwNjk3MQ%253D%253D%2526vurl%253D1203181%2526usrid%253DMTMxOGF2%2526rgid%253DYXp1NzU3%2526kw%253Dnym1CMz9rpb-1JyQHhACGKTs8cHeruvveCIONzEuMjM4LjIzNC4yNDQoAQ..%2526dv1%253D1203181" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" width="728" height="90"></object>

There's the entire object of an ad that opened a new tab by itself. You can actually see the redirection in the url itself >.<

Edited by Mizuho Kazami, 01 April 2014 - 08:50 AM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

c4r151

c4r151

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

XenyB94.jpg

longdownload . info

The page was: http://vatoto.com/read/_/180176/hitsugime-no-chaika_ch16_by_village-idiot

Edited by c4r151, 01 July 2013 - 08:54 PM.

roro-son

roro-son

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Locationcanada
when I'm surfing batoto, my antivirus (avast) will say: malicious URL blocked!! I don't know if it is because avast is having false positives or not but i thought it a good idea to give a heads up regardless. the URL that is being blocked (if this helps at all) is : h**p://ad.adtegrity.net/st?ad_type

Edited by seyrine, 02 July 2013 - 04:51 AM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

http://vatoto.com/forums/statuses/user/10815-noonesaid/?status_id=31875
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/13572-mal-ware-blocked/

I think these two are related to the c4r151's one.

Edited by seyrine, 03 July 2013 - 06:40 AM.
2nd link merged

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Yep, but I also have Avast and nothing popped up and i didn't have any problems. Maybe because I use adblock plus, hence don't have any ads.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

robbl1268

robbl1268

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

i keep on getting this pop up ad when I am reading my manga selections.  It does not pop up anywhere else on the site.  Not in the follows page, homepage, or the forums page.  It only happens at Batoto.  I have have cleaned temporary files and cookie files.  This only works for a little while then it comes back.

Bobl

Attached Files

Bob-Tuba

Bob-Tuba

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

when I'm surfing batoto, my antivirus (avast) will say: malicious URL blocked!! I don't know if it is because avast is having false positives or not but i thought it a good idea to give a heads up regardless. the URL that is being blocked (if this helps at all) is : h**p://ad.adtegrity.net/st?ad_type

I've been getting, "threat has been detected," pop-ups from avast! when at apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/.

Here is the detail:

Infection Details
URL: hxxp://ad.adtegrity.net/st?ad_type
Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\App...
Infection: URL:Mal

Infection Details
URL: hxxp://ad.adtegrity.net/st?ad_type
Process: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Mozilla Firef...

I have Windows 7 updating itself automatically.

My Google Chrome, Firefox, avast! and Java versions were all up to date.

This is the first time I've come across this specific problem.

Even if Zynga thinks it's okay to partner with a company that wants to put destabilizing malware on our computers, why would Facebook tolerate it?

I can't use Facebook if it's allowing an advertiser to put malware on its users' computers, even if it's currently only coming through a Zynga game. A lot of people would react this way. A lot of gamers use avast! and Chrome and/or Firefox. It would hit the news. Both Facebook and Zyna would lose a lot of money.

This is the detail of the avast! warning that popped up when I tried to go to adtegrity's website:

Infection Details
URL: hxxp://ad.yieldmanager.com/pixel?id
Process: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Mozilla Firef...

Wouldn't Facebook have policies, procedure and contracts with its business partners to guard against a drive-by download like these?

I did an avast! boot scan this morning. I found nothing. Malwarebytes didn't find anything either. I'm not surprised. The avast! warnings stated that avast! had "blocked" the drive-by download attempts, and kept my computer from crashing.

c4r151

c4r151

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

HQn1ejth.png

poshdownload . info

The page was: http://vatoto.com/read/_/8943/hentai-ouji-to-warawanai-neko_ch2_by_hinikuya

-----------------

Noted, thank you.

Edited by Grumpy, 05 July 2013 - 03:56 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

c4r151, can you see if the problem persists? Thank you.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I've just had it *cough* grimacing at Freezing in a bout of masochistic bile fascination... I backed rather quickly rather than try to trace it in a kind of instinctive reaction (you never quite know with some aggressive ads what action will trigger an unwanted present -- even a right-click :P).  Yup: I'm chicken.  Sorry. :blush:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 06 July 2013 - 02:32 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.