Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shiina the enigma

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

manwolf

manwolf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

i know its for comedy sake (black humor?) that he's the front man but he seems the strangest one out of the group. he's a siscon, sado machist, with a thing for gore and murder, and worst yet he says he hates women

aattss

aattss

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

From what I've seen, being a siscon and sado machist and all those stuff is for the sole purpose of the women around him. He's annoyed that he has to put up with all these psychopathic girls, but he still bears with it because he's actually a decent person. In the manga, he has stated that he isn't a sado machist, and from what we have seen, he has not shown a liking to gore and murder. For all we know, he acts the way he does to his sister so his sister won't go berserk. Him protecting his little sister from a murderer could just because normal people don't want one's sister to be killed by a murderer. His attachment to his little sister isn't in any way as strange as his little sister's attachment to him.

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

Nevertheless, if we could say which character is the most disturbed, we could agree that he's by far the number one on the list. Him being indifferent to these girls... Unique behaviour, makes you wonder what kind of mental state does he have.

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

Soel Snowfall

Soel Snowfall

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I'm actually pretty interested in his past though, for all we know the things he has seen and deal with from the girls around him he must have experience something much worse for it not to even faze his poker face.

Anthill_Inside

Anthill_Inside

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

While some of the girls around him seem to be completly nutcases and pretty dangerous, I'm not convinced that he isn't actually more so. Just stop for a moment and look at him. He managed to not just attract these girls, he also avoids them going completly mental and outright "tamed" most of them so he can pretty much manipulate them into doing what he wants.

His stalker on a word from him went to hunt down that other serial killer and now introduced herself to him putting her at extreme risk. If that came from him he either is pretty confident he can handle this situation or has no qualms whatsoever to actually risk the girls coming to harm. Even if he doesn't do it knowingly throughout the manga he is constantly manipulation the girls changing roles whenever needed to keep handling them and doesn't seem to be fazed by anything aside from his little sister being in danger.

The way he behaves isn't normal, not at all. If anything once you think about it he might actually be more scary than the girls.

coolxal

coolxal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

While some of the girls around him seem to be completly nutcases and pretty dangerous, I'm not convinced that he isn't actually more so. Just stop for a moment and look at him. He managed to not just attract these girls, he also avoids them going completly mental and outright "tamed" most of them so he can pretty much manipulate them into doing what he wants.

His stalker on a word from him went to hunt down that other serial killer and now introduced herself to him putting her at extreme risk. If that came from him he either is pretty confident he can handle this situation or has no qualms whatsoever to actually risk the girls coming to harm. Even if he doesn't do it knowingly throughout the manga he is constantly manipulation the girls changing roles whenever needed to keep handling them and doesn't seem to be fazed by anything aside from his little sister being in danger.

The way he behaves isn't normal, not at all. If anything once you think about it he might actually be more scary than the girls.

And it is implied by the stalker that his sister is no exception.  He wouldn't be sad whether his sister lives or dies.

He's only making an attempt to protect her because it's his duty as a family member.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/157726/abnormal-kei-joshi_ch03_by_roankun/12

http://vatoto.com/read/_/157726/abnormal-kei-joshi_ch03_by_roankun/37

http://vatoto.com/read/_/222989/abnormal-kei-joshi_ch9_by_roankun/19

Fnors

Fnors

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Shiina is probably more of a monster than all the other girls, that's for sure.

I don't think he protected his sister just because she is family. I get the feeling that everything he does is for the sake of the status quo. He has complete control over his entourage and having one of the girls die/disappear would probably unbalance his web of relations. With the obvious result of creating a whole lot of trouble for him down the line.

His sister is probably the only girl that needs to be protected, seeing as the other ones are either psycho or always hidden/asleep. I'm not sure where to class the masochist girl, though.

manwolf

manwolf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

the latest chapter proves it. His eyes, which have been bothering me for a while now, have an evil look to them

ExceleXodusKurokami

ExceleXodusKurokami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

I already had Shina pegged from the second chapter. He is a Devil. While the girls have issues individually and looking at or touching them reveals these issues, he has learned how to hide all of it because each girl is a reflection of a piece of himself. He is psychotic, sociopathic, obssessive and controlling of himself and his cadre of crazed girls, some of which are either insane because of him (his sister, the stalker, the knight) while he balances others out or has beneficial effects on them. (the princess, the vampire, the maso girl)

He is cold, nearly emotionless and, if he had to, he'd murder anyone who threatened his flock. As pointed out by another, while he finds the women around him to be troublesome, he doesn't want to lose any of them and will do anything to keep them, whether it is mediation so they don't harm each other or orchestrate the timely demise of a murdering serial rapist. He has a leash on all of them and switches masks to suit each one, though Tooka is the only one who has seen all his masks. None, not even us readers, have seen his true face yet.

The worst part about him is that he can 'fix' or 'cure' some of the girls, but chooses not to because they are his girls.

I call the girls a cadre because it is true. Each has a use to him, such as the knight's ability to monitor people without being noticed, the vampire being able to smell monsters like her, the stalker's information gathering skills, the maso girl's money, the childhood friend's skill at murdering without being caught. There is no purpose to the sleeping girl, I think that is more or less charity, and his sister serves as a taste of normality.