Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'm about to dich this manga in two chapters [Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

At first I though this manga had a chance of being a good one, but it was a total letdown so far. I'm wating 2 more chapter wait as a last chance, and after I'll just rage rank it to 0 on every site I'm coming after, using as many IP address as I can.

Tokage failed to show his "superpower" not once, not twice, but about in every freaking chapter. Hell, at this point he could even shot everyone with an UZI, and I'd still welcome it. No, he even failed to beat up King Fisher. He lost a couple of fingers, but Tokage being a Lizard, means he can probably grow those back.

The "story" makes less and less sense. Let's summarize it. Oh and I can no longer write spoler tags in the new eidtor. Sweet

- They have super powers, King Fisher is an assassin - Cool that's O.K.

- Tokage meets K.F. (King Fisher) coincidentally - Well the story has to start somewhere...

- Everyone with special power is an assassin, and they are trying to kill each other. - Wait, what? why?

- Tokage helps fist an enemy assassin, then K.F. instead of getting the hell out of there - Hmm... I guess it's hard to be a weak hero ...

- Bad Girl #1 hires K.F. to "steal Tokage's eye" - Bull****!!! And why in the world would K.F. actually do it? Remember, he's a pro assassin and NOT a shady organ trader...

- Almost everyone dies - What? Then what was the point of introducing them in the first place?

- Tokage fails to defeat K.F. - Again. I really hope he dies soon because he should be dead by now about 10 times.

- K.F., the evil mastermind had all planned this.

Now THAT is surprising. Not that the "evil mastermind" is K.F., but the story actually claims that someone had this chaos planned beforehand. That's just bull****, again.

And now for this last chapter. THIS IS IT. The story just hit rock bottom. Slug is captured. We all kinda like her, 'cause she has big boobies sweet eyes. Bad Girl #1 tells K.F. to cut off her arm, for no reason. O.K She's mental. Got it. K.F. obediently does it, again, for no apparent reason. He's gone mental too.Tokage is nowhere. Apparently K.F. called an ambulance for him. - WTF? Normal Human Logic isn't even applies to this manga anymore. Instead of Tokage saving the day, we have to watch as they slowly dismember Slug. She'll probably die too, and that is the better option.

Hell, even I could write a better manga with this setting. Actually I maybe just do it. At least I can write some better dialogues for this one.

========================================================================

Conclusion:

It kind of remind me to the beginning of Deadman Wonderland. Except that was good one. It was short sudden, and still conveyed the despair. This is just the exact opposite.

I'm angry, because I liked the setting, and I liked the art too. I even liked the characters (until they were chopped up). And the story f***ed it all up even before it actually started. That''s why you don't make long prologues. That's a lesson to be learned. Still I'm gonna wait for ch. 15 before I try to drop the rank of this manga to the foor in various ways. Just to give it a last chance.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

Yokokaze

Yokokaze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

And, to make things worse, it does not even have enough content for a monthly-series.

But i still have hope...

Roflsaucer

Roflsaucer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I think your whole rage towards this is wholly unnecessary. Sure, the long prologue is a pain in the ass, but you were warned from the beginning. I mean, come on, you were expecting a short prologue when it was called "The Looooong Prologue"? And you're mad at the author for that? That's kind of silly.

Not to mention, the characters deaths and all that can be explained because of the fact it's a prologue - the characters and events are to support the development of the MC, and build a foundation for the story. When you look at a Skyscraper, do you say "Oh, look at how good the foundation is!" or do you go "Wow, look at how tall that Skyscraper is!"? It's obviously going to be the latter, however something so tall must have a strong foundation to support itself.

The whole point of the prologue is to build the world - What we've learned so far is that's it's brutal, depressingly so. We've also learned that, while the MC is he as now is weak, he is very determined. Even after he had is eye gouged out, he still resolved to fight. Which is an admirable quality, and leaves an infinite amount of room for development of the MC. And, we've learned that Sugamo has a lot more to her than we see - she's perverse, and not in an erotic way, but a "Damn that bitch is crazy." way. Not to mention she can manipulate people like clay in the palm of her hand. There's also the strange correlation between eye color and super powers, which leaves room for interpretation on what the MC's actual 'power' is, while making you question if he actually does at all.

So the loooong prologue is upsetting, but not because it's bad. It's because you'd want to know more, you want things to develop. Best case, the prologue will end by Chapter 16. Worst case, it'll be over around Chapter 18 or 19.

While I don't like it, I can manage it while holding on to the hope that Baka Tsuki might translate the Light Novels.

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts

@Roflsaucer

You misunderstood me. I'm not angry because the prologue is soooo long. Well, it's slightly annoying, because at the beginning I estimated it about 5 to 10 chapters (given that most manga finishes the prologue in its first chapter), but that just me underestimating the "Looooong" part in the title.

I'm angry because the manga betrayed my expectations. And it continues crushing them in every single new chapter. And this last chapter had no purpose, other than to freak out the reader. I like horror, but even horror needs logic. And to me this series is just complete nonsense, so far. I'm angry because I had hopes. Not because I'm inpatient.

Tokage... Well I don't know where to put him. There are two main types heros: One is like Ichigo, from Bleach, or Luffy for One Piece, who just always gets infinitely more powerful, and solves everything by using even more power; the other is the "clever" hero, who has almost no power at all, but manages to win, using his brain. The only good example I have for that is "M x 0". I was hoping he was the first kind, but he would have to awaken by now for that. On the contrary, he manages to almost beat K.F. with quick his thinking, so I'm guessing he's gonna be the second kind. And that means he can only get some crappy useless power, if any, in the future. Well, that hope crushed as well.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

wojo

wojo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Let me get this straight... you WANT another Bleach rip off where every time the protagonist meets a new adversary they pull a new power out of their ass to win after getting their shit pushed in the first time...

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts

Let me get this straight... you WANT another Bleach rip off where every time the protagonist meets a new adversary they pull a new power out of their ass to win after getting their shit pushed in the first time...

No, not at all, but at least I want him to have SOME kind of useful power. Let's be honest we're all waiting for his power to "awaken". That was (supposed to be) the entire point of this prologue.

I like those mangas, where the M.C. wins by outsmarting everyone, but in this case the Author is not smart enough to pull that off. The weakness, where K.F. can only cut one "thing" at once is at least as hilarious, as the constant power ups in bleach. (If you think about it the "flesh" has several layers too, skin, muscle bones, but the only thing that stops the power of K.F. is some cloth. Yeah, real big idea.)

RaShayRitto

RaShayRitto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Yes it is horrendously misguided to think the extremely simple backstory needs THIS much exposition. 5 chapters would have been understandably long. This is just stupid. Dropped

oweoqqqh

oweoqqqh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I don't even think of it a prologue anymore. The author just wants to call it a prologue. The length isn't what I'm really pissed about.

POINT #1: Fuc­king Sugamo

She seemed pretty neat at first. I got a good laugh when she licked the protag's eyeball, it was a nice twist. It's when she starts being that yandere psycho b­itch that doesn't like to think but somehow calculates ten steps ahead of everyone else that I start to be repulsed by her character. She happens to be so psycho that K.F., the guy that just agrees to whack off people's arms for the heck of it, suddenly gets morals out of fucki­ng nowhere and says she's a demon. It feels like the author just decided to cram a f­uckton of negative personality traits into an attractive female character, all the while simultaneously flaunting her OH EM GEE MYSTERIOUS aura and sex appeal on half the cover pages.

POINT #2: Pointless Discontinuities

Okay, technically the discontinuties have a purpose. It is LITERALLY to fu­cking confuse readers, and make them wonder WTF IS GOING ON I HAVE TO READ MORE TO FIND OUT. I got this vibe from the minute the story began jumping all over the place, and it hits you after Chapter 11. At this point, the story is not temporally consistent unless you assume that the meeting on the staircase in Chapter 3 isn't between the punk and the MC. And, low and be-fuc­king-hold, in Chapter 12 they "reveal" K.F. and the MC just happened to be carrying Snake in the same manner. Because of course, K.F. would be considerate enough to carry Snake over his shoulder instead of just dragging him on the floor like he did when he was talking to psycho bit­ch.

Now, I could understand if these discontinuities reflected the perspective of one of the characters. Because then, it might be important to display events as they took place according to that perspective. But no. None of the characters saw events in this convoluted, clusterfu­cked order. It had nothing to do with advancing plot. The only reason the author did this was to get the reader to continue reading this shitty excuse of a manga. And the worst part? When the author decided to final reveal his "scheme" about the true order of events so the readers don't get fed up with this bullsh­it, he does it through some monologue by K.F. directed at Slug. FU­CKING SLUG. THE CHARACTER WHO KNEW F­UCK ALL ABOUT ANY OF THIS, THE CHARACTER WHO GOT CAPTURED AND WAS ABOUT TO DIE ANYHOW. That's the kind of complete bullsh­it reasoning the author uses, just so he can reach the climax of whatever pointless series of misunderstandings that he perpetuated through his story-telling. K.F. had no legitimate reason to go through that entire spiel, let alone to anyone like Slug.

Now imagine this gimmick continuining in later arcs. With every damn arc a fuc­king puzzle that the reader has to put together, simply because the author would rather focus on the puzzle than the plot. I'd rather just take out an actual jigsaw puzzle and sit there solving it for hours on end, because at least the result would fuc­king look good.

POINT #3: MC plot armor

Somehow, the MC, despite all fu­cking odds against him lives. I'm used to this though, this isn't what gets me. It's that when the MC decides to go awol on K.F. and K.F. exclaims that now that the job is done, he can kill the MC. Of course MC beats the living sh­it out of K.F. in typical MC style, but K.F. is somehow conscious and able to move while the MC faints. And, despite this outcome, what does the conscious K.F. do? HE FU­CKING SENDS THE MC OFF TO THE HOSPITAL. The author, after directly showing the K.F.s resolve to kill the MC, redacts it LIKE IT WAS FUC­KING NOTHING. NOT EVEN MY DIC­K CAN MATCH THE THICKNESS OF THIS PLOT ARMOR.

POINT #4: WHERE THE FU­CK IS THE PLOT???

What characters have we come to know? How have characters developed over time? Have any characters other than the MC developed over time? Can overcoming chuunibyou syndrome with insanity really be called fu­cking character development? Is it even possible to emotionally connect with any characters when they're this shallow? Is the only plot development a mentally-shattered MC in a hospital sans right eyeball and fingers? Does focusing on shock value even contribute to plot? Can I even use the trope plot armor when the plot is this thin?

Now I've raged before to s­h­itty manga. I've raged to Eden no Ori, which has successfully spread FUD about genetic engineering to gullible retards of all ages. I've raged to the downward-spiralling, melodramatic, vidya-game-within-a-Spielberg-ripoff garbage that is Gantz, complete with random vampires, philosophical pandering, and overblown edginess. But this is the first time that I've seen a manga genuinely turn to sh­it this fast. Maybe I just need to make my screening process more strict, or maybe one getting by was just an inevitability. Perhaps it was an imperfection in the system that simply couldn't have been avoided, like that one car accident or that one-night stand we'd like to forget.

There has never been a more apt example of a manga that I wish I had never even bothered reading.

Edited by oweoqqqh, 22 May 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Pure Darkness

Pure Darkness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

i'll give this manga about 5 or so chapters after the prolouge is finished. if it keeps up the prolouge pace and style i'll drop it like it's radioactive and maybe fly to japan and kill some people.

problems.

1. prolouge.... problems with that: fact that it isn't even a prolouge anymore but a short novel, i mean if your looking for the plot of "tokage no ou" then the prolouge sure as hell doesn't have it. it's got a completely different but standard horror plot. i mean at this point the prolouge is a stand alone story with it's own plot, climax and conclusion.

2. pacing. i know people say it isn't slow but trust me. i've read enough monthly's to know whats slow and whats fast and if this was any slower the prolouge would be finished about 50 years after the LN's last volume is released. i mean we just went through 11 chapters of slow as hell progress and all of a sudden they not only explain things but also sum up those 11 chapters in 2. thats rouphly 12 months of constant waiting then in ~2 months they not only explain that shit wasn't happening in chronological order and sorted it out for us but basically told us everything that happend in ~60 pages. they wasted 330 pages and 12 months of our time then in ch. 12-13 they explained everything. what the fuck was the point? suppense? drama? understanding? they could have done that in 6-7 chapters no need to draw it out.

3. filler. most people only use this term for anime but manga have it too and frankly this prolouge has a shit ton of it. i mean introducing character and give them background then killing them in the prolouge? whats the point in that? i never see people do that in movies or anime. they never go, here's soldier A, he's got a wife and 6 children, he lost his virginity at 15, he's got an illegitemate child, he's in dept, oh and hey he dies 5 sec into the battle. yeah no fucking point. you never see support characters get BG's they just aren't important enough for it. but hey this prolouge gives BG on EVERYONE BUT THE PEOPLE IT NEEDS TO GIVE BG ON!!!!! DA FUQ JAPAN?!?!?!?!! i mean really is frog and waterstrider and that snake's BG's gonna matter after the prolouge?

and honestly, currently the MC is pretty lame, i mean he believes he has a superpower but even on the brink of death can't pull it out? then we really don't see much intelegence out of him, i mean sure he figured out KF's power but then again there were hints galor to tell him how to defend himself.

oh and lets not forget the author teasing us with that "maybe tokage's got a superpower but well FUCK YOU READERS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL I FEEL LIKE TELLING YOU"

i don't think i've ever hated a manga or anime as much as this one. i mean i've seen some BS animes and read some BS manga and been hit with some serious tragedy's that have pissed me of and made me hate them but man non of them were as bad as this. honestly the only reason i keep reading is to learn what the MC's secret power is if he even has one but at this point i don't think he does and if all he can do is change his eye color then frankly he's one of the lamest MC's ever.

also i saw someone complain about how inconsistent KF's power is. well here's my theory on how the author thinks his power works. my guess is the reason why he can cut through and entire arm but not through cloth AND skin is because even though there are multiple layers of skin and bone he can cut through it is because it's all part of a single "body" but cloth isn't and is it's own "body" so to speak. so he has to cut through the each layer of "body" to get to the next. thats my theory, course i'm probably wrong and the author has no consistency to KF's power at all.

also if tokage's power is regeneration but he can't regenerate his eye then thats all kind of gay bullshit there. and out of respect for all proper mangaka's who had there manga's brutally cut short before they had time to bloom i'll drop this ugly piece of shit.

also i like to say also, cuz PS is too old skool for me.

Edited by Pure Darkness, 14 June 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Death to Tsundere!!!!

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts

For anyone who wants to wait before he drops this manga, I advise to wait only for 3 more chapters (I'm only gonna wait for 2 more), because even that is quarter of a year. It's a monthly series so it should be much more faster, if the mangaka is ever planning to finish the story. And that's a whole lot of time wasted on a prologue already.

Let me be clear here. I'll surely drop this unimaginative cr*p unless the following happens in the next two chapter: Tokage awakens + Slug is saved (WITH her arm intact/reattached) + Tokage steals KF's power and beats him for good, or something equally satisfying.

@Pure Darkness:

About KF's power, the author just wanted KF to have a single weakness, that allows Tokage to be "smart" and trash him. The funny is that such a weakness is simply illogical, so whoever though up, this was a big moron. I get it, that Tokage is supposed to be "smart" in that scene, but it's an illogical weakness, therefore it was moronic for Tokage to think that"s must be KF's real weakness, because normally he'd be wrong.

Some people just hate characters, because of the bad thing they do in a manga, or amine, [like Rachel from TOG]. I find that silly, because every story needs a villain. On the contrary, I hate stupid, idiotic, irritating, and misdesigned characters, even if they happen to be the MC.

Just in this manga,

• I hate Tokage, because everything he does is just plain stupid, yet the Author tries to portrait him as the "smart hero". As if!
  • I hate KF, because he is like a Bond Villain (explaining his stupid master plan), except the dignity. The "best assasin" is the lapdog of a crazy b*tch... Please kill me now!
  • I hate Sugamo, because she's boring, even as a crazy b*tch. End.
  • I hate Frog, 'cause she's ugly, and waterfly or whoever is just plain uninterseting.

Well I like Slug though, being the only functional character in the whole story.

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

There are two main types heros: One is like Ichigo, from Bleach, or Luffy for One Piece, who just always gets infinitely more powerful, and solves everything by using even more power; the other is the "clever" hero, who has almost no power at all, but manages to win, using his brain. The only good example I have for that is "M x 0". 

The examples you're looking for are probably Usogui, Liar Game, One Outs, Akagi, and Kurosagi.

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

Yurichikun

Yurichikun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Aaaaaaaaaand it managed to fuck up everything in the span of 1 chapter. It literally did the opposite of everything Potato (and many of us were begging) would happen. I'm left with the most unsatisfied feeling in the world. It did a complete 180, disregarding every feeling Tokage held towards Fisher in the span of like 3 panels. What was that ridiculous reaction to King Fisher showing up in the hospital?? I wanted to flip my desk. I'm tired of this. I never drop series, but I'm so tempted to right now. However, i'm gonna put this on hold until i feel there are enough chapters to read in one sitting to be able to notice a decent amount of character/plot development like i did with Girls of the Wild's (Ended up with like 15 chapters and very, very satisfied). God I've never been this mad at an author. How do you have so much promise only to waste it on your stupid gore fetish? 

1 More thing before I go for a couple months. 
How the Fuck is this a monthly series? I've seen more content in 1 Bleach chapter than I've seen in any installment of this Shitty Fucking Prologue! 

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts

This just gets worse and worse...

She collected his fingers, and now they are all sewn back together? ARE YOU F*CKING WITH ME? HOW EXACTLY?

Slug managed to escape, that's a +1. Now it's score is only -9999. I hope Slug gets her arm back too, because otherwise I'm gonna kill someone. Automail would be good: Enter the Fullmetal Slug.

The "prologue" is finally over. It took more than a year, so I fear for the future. If you can't draw a chapter in a weak, than draw only short series, damn it! It's absurd to wait years for a punny little manga like this to see the end.

Hell, even I can write a better story! Maybe I will... Anyone interested in "mistranslating" this manga? Basicly we keep the pictures, but rewrite the dialogue, so it becomes a new story... I plan to do it sometime later

FallenEternity

FallenEternity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Huh........ that's some extreme disapproval guys...

- Everyone with special power is an assassin, and they are trying to kill each other. - Wait, what? why?

They brought together a bunch of assassins all involved with a group of people with superpowers. They are assassins, why would they not be assassins? They are targeted by people with superpowers, why would anyone send a super assassin after a normal assassin?

- Tokage helps fist an enemy assassin, then K.F. instead of getting the hell out of there - Hmm... I guess it's hard to be a weak hero ...

I really hope you meant first... He doesn't know it's an assassin and he is a nice person inclined to help people. He helps K.F. beause no matter what he says he is scared of the man who can magically slit throats. I don't know about you but I would be scared of magic throat slitting man. You said he is a weak hero which explains your qualm, so why are you angry about his actions and not because he is weak?

- Bad Girl #1 hires K.F. to "steal Tokage's eye" - Bull****!!! And why in the world would K.F. actually do it? Remember, he's a pro assassin and NOT a shady organ trader...

She is the daughter of an important figure in the organization that K.F. serves. She is also rich and assassins work for money. If he is good at it why would he pass up the opportunity. Also he's crazy and craves attention due to the trauma he experienced as a child associated with the fact that he has the power to harm and was probably raised by a cult as an assassin. Someone who craves attention would want to be part of the master plan, they would want to play a role in such affairs.

- Almost everyone dies - What? Then what was the point of introducing them in the first place?

- Tokage fails to defeat K.F. - Again. I really hope he dies soon because he should be dead by now about 10 times.

- K.F., the evil mastermind had all planned this.

Bad Girl #1 tells K.F. to cut off her arm, for no reason. O.K She's mental. Got it. K.F. obediently does it, again, for no apparent reason.

Almost everyone? You mean a lot of unimportant people? MC/Antagonistx2/childhoodfriend/potentialuntrustworthyally/god/etc. are all alive. Three assassins and a punk

died.

Tokage is weak. He loses. If it isn't your cup of tea for a main character to be weak in the prologue then stick to the .1% of manga where they start of with the abilities of a

god.

T.K. didn't plan it at all. Don't criticize something that you apparently didn't read.

There both crazy, they do crazy things. He kills people brutally all the time, he's decensitized. He likes to honor his word if you didn't notice and he had made a bet with her.

No, not at all, but at least I want him to have SOME kind of useful power. Let's be honest we're all waiting for his power to "awaken". That was (supposed to be) the entire point of this prologue.

I like those mangas, where the M.C. wins by outsmarting everyone, but in this case the Author is not smart enough to pull that off. The weakness, where K.F. can only cut one "thing" at once is at least as hilarious, as the constant power ups in bleach. (If you think about it the "flesh" has several layers too, skin, muscle bones, but the only thing that stops the power of K.F. is some cloth. Yeah, real big idea.)

The point of this prologue is to set up a world, a situation, and a plot base. The world is one of cults, crime, and superpowers. The situation is tokage being dragged into a place he wasn't truely prepared to enter. The plot base is he is surrounded by people who would destroy him and powers he can't compete against. BUT, he might be able to compete against them, with his sleeping power.

He isn't a smart MC. He observes and tries to cope with preposterousness.

The power probably can only cut one entity ie. a bandana/a person. He has to focus on an object very hard to cut it so it must be in his line of sight and his power can only affect the single object in his focus.

Yes it is horrendously misguided to think the extremely simple backstory needs THIS much exposition. 5 chapters would have been understandably long. This is just stupid. Dropped

The length of it depends on what is to come. I would hope.... I think it was a fine way to intoduce us to the story. Mangas often blur the lines between prologue and main body. This one probably is being used to lead us into the main arc/conflict of the story with a prior understand of the situation.

POINT #1: Fuc­king Sugamo

She seemed pretty neat at first. I got a good laugh when she licked the protag's eyeball, it was a nice twist. It's when she starts being that yandere psycho b­itch that doesn't like to think but somehow calculates ten steps ahead of everyone else that I start to be repulsed by her character. She happens to be so psycho that K.F., the guy that just agrees to whack off people's arms for the heck of it, suddenly gets morals out of fucki­ng nowhere and says she's a demon. It feels like the author just decided to cram a f­uckton of negative personality traits into an attractive female character, all the while simultaneously flaunting her OH EM GEE MYSTERIOUS aura and sex appeal on half the cover pages.

POINT #2: Pointless Discontinuities

Okay, technically the discontinuties have a purpose. It is LITERALLY to fu­cking confuse readers, and make them wonder WTF IS GOING ON I HAVE TO READ MORE TO FIND OUT. I got this vibe from the minute the story began jumping all over the place, and it hits you after Chapter 11. At this point, the story is not temporally consistent unless you assume that the meeting on the staircase in Chapter 3 isn't between the punk and the MC. And, low and be-fuc­king-hold, in Chapter 12 they "reveal" K.F. and the MC just happened to be carrying Snake in the same manner. Because of course, K.F. would be considerate enough to carry Snake over his shoulder instead of just dragging him on the floor like he did when he was talking to psycho bit­ch.

Now, I could understand if these discontinuities reflected the perspective of one of the characters. Because then, it might be important to display events as they took place according to that perspective. But no. None of the characters saw events in this convoluted, clusterfu­cked order. It had nothing to do with advancing plot. The only reason the author did this was to get the reader to continue reading this shitty excuse of a manga. And the worst part? When the author decided to final reveal his "scheme" about the true order of events so the readers don't get fed up with this bullsh­it, he does it through some monologue by K.F. directed at Slug. FU­CKING SLUG. THE CHARACTER WHO KNEW F­UCK ALL ABOUT ANY OF THIS, THE CHARACTER WHO GOT CAPTURED AND WAS ABOUT TO DIE ANYHOW. That's the kind of complete bullsh­it reasoning the author uses, just so he can reach the climax of whatever pointless series of misunderstandings that he perpetuated through his story-telling. K.F. had no legitimate reason to go through that entire spiel, let alone to anyone like Slug.

POINT #3: MC plot armor

Somehow, the MC, despite all fu­cking odds against him lives. I'm used to this though, this isn't what gets me. It's that when the MC decides to go awol on K.F. and K.F. exclaims that now that the job is done, he can kill the MC. Of course MC beats the living sh­it out of K.F. in typical MC style, but K.F. is somehow conscious and able to move while the MC faints. And, despite this outcome, what does the conscious K.F. do? HE FU­CKING SENDS THE MC OFF TO THE HOSPITAL. The author, after directly showing the K.F.s resolve to kill the MC, redacts it LIKE IT WAS FUC­KING NOTHING. NOT EVEN MY DIC­K CAN MATCH THE THICKNESS OF THIS PLOT ARMOR.

POINT #4: WHERE THE FU­CK IS THE PLOT???

What characters have we come to know? How have characters developed over time? Have any characters other than the MC developed over time? Can overcoming chuunibyou syndrome with insanity really be called fu­cking character development? Is it even possible to emotionally connect with any characters when they're this shallow? Is the only plot development a mentally-shattered MC in a hospital sans right eyeball and fingers? Does focusing on shock value even contribute to plot? Can I even use the trope plot armor when the plot is this thin?

#1 She even explicitly said that even though she doesn't like thinking she has to do it to get what she wants... really dude? really? And K.F. never gains morals. He doesn't act morally superior or say he's a good guy. He ackowloges that she is pretty cruel and evil. Reality check dude, evil people are still people. They can reason, empathize, understand, contemplate, and cast judgement. He didn't change. He made an observation. The fanservice is fine but I'll agree the clothes she wears....... weren't a good choice on the authors part.

#2 It was a little confusing but looking closely it essentially makes sense. Also, take some basic science. People are heavy and they have a lot of friction with the ground. That would be the easiest way to carry him because there is no friction an the weight is centered and distributed through the body well. Idk why he was carrying his living target though... K.F. wants people to know him and give him attention so he wanted to explain his realizations to his only audience. It was stupid but whatever, get over it.

#3 He's the MC, he should live. Also, both Sugamo and K.F. want him to live. When K.F. said he wanted to kill him it was in the moment. Have you followed through with everything you've ever said? When he got the chance to kill Tokage, Tokage was unconcious and no longer a threat so K.F. lost the reason and will to do it.

#4 It's a prologue and we are learning more about the characters so they don't change much. It was revealed that Sugamo was always pretty yandere. They characters aren't shallow, they're complicated and realistic..... well.... Tokage is realistic...

1. prolouge.... problems with that: fact that it isn't even a prolouge anymore but a short novel, i mean if your looking for the plot of "tokage no ou" then the prolouge sure as hell doesn't have it. it's got a completely different but standard horror plot. i mean at this point the prolouge is a stand alone story with it's own plot, climax and conclusion.

2. pacing. i know people say it isn't slow but trust me. i've read enough monthly's to know whats slow and whats fast and if this was any slower the prolouge would be finished about 50 years after the LN's last volume is released. i mean we just went through 11 chapters of slow as hell progress and all of a sudden they not only explain things but also sum up those 11 chapters in 2. thats rouphly 12 months of constant waiting then in ~2 months they not only explain that shit wasn't happening in chronological order and sorted it out for us but basically told us everything that happend in ~60 pages. they wasted 330 pages and 12 months of our time then in ch. 12-13 they explained everything. what the fuck was the point? suppense? drama? understanding? they could have done that in 6-7 chapters no need to draw it out.

3. filler. most people only use this term for anime but manga have it too and frankly this prolouge has a shit ton of it. i mean introducing character and give them background then killing them in the prolouge? whats the point in that? i never see people do that in movies or anime. they never go, here's soldier A, he's got a wife and 6 children, he lost his virginity at 15, he's got an illegitemate child, he's in dept, oh and hey he dies 5 sec into the battle. yeah no fucking point. you never see support characters get BG's they just aren't important enough for it. but hey this prolouge gives BG on EVERYONE BUT THE PEOPLE IT NEEDS TO GIVE BG ON!!!!! DA FUQ JAPAN?!?!?!?!! i mean really is frog and waterstrider and that snake's BG's gonna matter after the prolouge?

and honestly, currently the MC is pretty lame, i mean he believes he has a superpower but even on the brink of death can't pull it out? then we really don't see much intelegence out of him, i mean sure he figured out KF's power but then again there were hints galor to tell him how to defend himself.

oh and lets not forget the author teasing us with that "maybe tokage's got a superpower but well FUCK YOU READERS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL I FEEL LIKE TELLING YOU"

1. Have you ever read a novel? Prologues can be long. Some can be multiple books long.

2. It is only slow release-wise, content-wise it is fine.

3. There is no filler. Unless slug dies.... in which case..... uh..................

The main character is supposed to be lame. It's his character to be lame. To be honest I think it's fun to watch him struggle with his delusions and his weakness.

It's a prologue. The author isn't going to reveal everything.

She collected his fingers, and now they are all sewn back together? ARE YOU F*CKING WITH ME? HOW EXACTLY?

Slug managed to escape, that's a +1. Now it's score is only -9999. I hope Slug gets her arm back too, because otherwise I'm gonna kill someone. Automail would be good: Enter the Fullmetal Slug.

Sorry you live out in the wilds but with the miracles of modern medicine we can reattach fingers. May not so much after beating someone with the stubs, but rich girl could hire some good surgeons for him.

I would prefer Slug getting a power over getting her arm back. Her missing arm embodies her desire for revenge.

I don't want to make it sound like I think this is perfet of great. It has problems, but no so much as you guys seem to thank.

Sorry if there is anything in here that does make sense or is misspelled. It's 4am and I tried really hard not to cuss or say anything mean or make any ad hominem argument. (things you all did...) Fuck it now though. Tired beyond belief.

JokerxHisoka

JokerxHisoka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrasil

there is no place saying that everyone that have powers have to be an assassin, this is not a shit battle manga like one piece , naruto... 
if someone like u read akame ga kill i think u would go nuts , atleast look for the genres before reading a manga =/

fehar

fehar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

If you don't like it, don't read it. End of the story.

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts

If you don't like it, don't read it. End of the story.

Did you learn this at the School of Useless Clichés? Because it sure feels like one. Forums are for people with opinion, be it good or bad. If you don't have one, or not interested in others', feel free to ignore them altogether. But, posting something like yours is the really pointless thing to do...

And yes, I'm about to stop reading it, as you may have seen in the title. I'm just trying to find a way to get back at this manga, for making me all hopeful, and then crushing my expectations. It's not rational, but I don't care as long as I feel better afterwards. That's why people swear sometimes too. And if you think you can close any argument by saying "End of story", you're so dead wrong...

@FallenEternity

It's not that you're wrong, and most of your answers make sense, BUT they are mostly just your assumptions, and not something mentioned in the manga. Yes, most things can be explained in many ways, but they are not explained in the manga, and most of the explanations just feel wrong...

Like Tokage's fingers... yes I know modern medicine can reattach body parts surgically, but it's an entirely other story when all his fingers were cut in 3 parts, and scattered all around the stairs. It just seems total nonsense. Or K.F. being able to cut only a single "thing". Suppose you wear two scarf, then K.F. would have to cut both before he can cut you; but what it you wear a single one, that's made out of two layer of cloth? Does he have to cut both, or is it a single "entity"? There are many corner cases, where the "single entity" thing doesn't make any sense. It works only when you pretend those cases don't matter, because they are not in the manga.

Maybe to some people this mess of a manga feels normal. To me, most of it feels sloppy and forced. Maybe I've read too many good manga, and I can no longer enjoy the mediocre ones.

FallenEternity

FallenEternity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

*Manga ends* Well now I look stupid...

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts

Given how this was supposed to be prologue, was it cut to short? Maybe, just maybe, we wasn't the only ones fed up with this manga.

Roflsaucer

Roflsaucer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Yea, me too. I thought it'd be pretty good, but oh well.