Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Trouble loading pages (5/11/13)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Fennec

Fennec

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

I'm having similar issues. I cleared my cache and disabled add-ons, but nothing. It's getting really annoying, honestly. The page takes a while to show up and when it finally does, the images load instantly. I should be way further in the manga I'm reading; I'd probably be at least ten chapters further if not for the slow loading times. Since the redesign a while back, the site's been kind of slow for me, but this just takes it to a whole new level...

deVacto

deVacto

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

yeah i`m in same case

slow when chane page, it so slow

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

I've noticed this problem on EU servers. On US West servers, the problem almost entirely disappears but it does lag... in about once every ten pages. No problem on handheld devices, though.

Sorry if an admin's already said what happened to it (and if I missed it), but what happened to the US East servers?

EDIT: Hmm.

Current download settings: US West. Currently loading from: [[Europe]]

^Is this intentional?

Edited by Shadowed Fate, 12 May 2013 - 03:48 AM.

uberkatas

uberkatas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAustralia

^Is this intentional?

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Nanyang

Nanyang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

EDIT: Hmm.

^Is this intentional?

yea having the same problem.

having this problem since yesterday...

raenef

raenef

Potato

• Validating
  • 101 posts

a bit annoying but i guess they staff will do their best tosolve it 

still happy that batoto exsist but annoying problem

Typesetter & Redrawer for CWL

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil

^Is this intentional?

As far as I can remember, US West server is disabled for now, only Europe is available.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Yes, noticed that also, though waiting a few days solves it, but nope. I guess a restart might solve the problem or it is overcapacity or failure in load balancing perhaps? or ddos? whatever it is, hopefully it will be resolved soon,

unfortunately that is a downside of high quality images, with big sizes :(

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

kuroman

kuroman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

For a couple of days now I've been having the same issues, it's so painful hopefully it will be solved soon

Grindelo

Grindelo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Having the exact same problem, tried changing loading images from US West, but I don't notice any changes.

But it depends on the manga I read, some load faster (imagination?)

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast

Having the same problem as NiceBoat but I also get a white page that says to contact the system administrator as well as a page that says the server closed without sending data that will appear as soon as I click for the next page.

Desemba

Desemba

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

If it helps, it seems loading the image on its own is fine.

I.e. accessing the image directly rather than the page and changing pages by incrementing the file number.

Edit: Something else I've discovered. When I'm not logged in the pages load fine.

Edited by Desemba, 12 May 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

i think it's connecting to the server that takes time, not loading the comic page itself. almost as if too many were trying to access the page at the same time.

eh, so all i have to do is log out? i think i've had that problem before, with something else....

Edited by 大魔王様, 12 May 2013 - 04:06 PM.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Desemba

Desemba

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Ok, something else I've discovered. Checking my profile I noticed my time zone wasn't set correctly. After setting that, pages load fine.

Edit: Maybe spoke too soon. Pages sometimes still take a while before it starts to load.

Edited by Desemba, 12 May 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

and logging out didn't help either. it's just totally unpredictable. ten pages can load just fine, and then i'm stuck on the next ten.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Grindelo

Grindelo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

I just got this error page which redirected me to a error log.

Fennec

Fennec

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

If it helps, it seems loading the image on its own is fine.
I.e. accessing the image directly rather than the page and changing pages by incrementing the file number.

I just tried it, and it's true. Does that mean that the website's design is what's making it take longer to load?

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check theerror log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

randomly shows at times instead of a comic page

Edited by 大魔王様, 12 May 2013 - 04:56 PM.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Me too. Here is my experience

If I get to a page of a comic, the actual image loads pretty fast. But sometimes it takes forever to get to the next page. I've learned that I need to try to load the page again and again. If it doesn't switch over after 10-15 seconds, often it won't ever. This means that comics that load all the pages of a chapter on one page of your browser, are many times easier to read because you only have to potentially deal with this issue once per chapter, rather then once per page.

And sometimes I get sent to error page saying it wasn't able to load like the person above me with the asian characters name; that same page. Which is better then no error, because I can know to go back and try again.

This happens most all the time while trying to call up comic pages. For a period of time it seemed like it went away, but now it's back. It really makes reading comics here slow and difficult.

Edited by truepurple, 12 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Yay, seems to work fine when logged off, I'm using IE for now :D but does indeed seem to work. So I guess session problem??-.-

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.