Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Trouble loading pages (5/11/13)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

twiliger

twiliger

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, always warm and never cold.

I'm having difficulty loading manga pages. It just stays on "waiting for batoto.net" and the tab says "connecting...". I keep clicking the image till it finally goes beyond "connecting...". Most of the time it's one or two clicks, sometimes more. And this is for almost every page. Is it just me? Is there a way to deal with this? I've tried changing nodes; doesn't help.

You have forfeited your right to existence ...
Your life is mine to take ...
And I shall take it right here, right now ...
Bwahahahaaa ...
Oops... Dang!
Forgot to make him kneel ...

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

To confirm, did you try doing what was written on the first post of this thread: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/8164-support-forum-guidelines-and-faq-read-first-before-posting-i-meaahttp://vatoto.com/forums/topic/8164n-it-dattebayo/?

Not having problems on my end. 

UPDATE: EU server seems to be lagging a bit.

UPDATE: Problem reported to admin.

UPDATE: Topic Title updated.

Edited by seyrine, 11 May 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
Here's a screenshot http://imgur.com/SAZQ9q6

UPD: I did reproduce this in latest FF after cleaning cookies/cache. Problem shows itself only in batoto.net/comic/ and batoto.net/read/ parts of Batoto.

UPD2: Screenshot shows a couple of manga pages loading because of Webcomic Reader userscript.

UPD3: Noticed this problem ~18-19 hours ago.

Edited by Genda1ph, 11 May 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

Yep, its not just you.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

Khrazy_one

Khrazy_one

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationNecromancer until the very end. Goodbye everyone ^___^/

I'm experiencing the same. Manga pages are loading veeeerryyyy slow.

Kiddy

Kiddy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Same here. Up to a minute loading time per page.

wAriot

wAriot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Indeed, the pages are loading very slow, but it seems like the web has "hiccups". That is, pages load normally, then it takes a minute for them to load, then normal again, etc.

Problem shows itself only in batoto.net/comic/ and batoto.net/read/ parts of Batoto.

For me it also happens with the main page. Forums and the like work fine, though.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

main page and comics, altough the main page loads way faster then comics one, but it still loads pretty slow

Edited by Lonely_guy, 11 May 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

When leaving comments, please be as detailed as you can possibly be. If possible, with info to back it up. 

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

NiceBoat

NiceBoat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

I have the same problem. It's just really slow. Sometimes it can take up to 30 sec to load a page. The forums seem to load fine. But everything else is pretty slow. When I mean it's taking a long time to load it's kinda of like a responsive/page switching lag or something. It takes forever for it to go to the next page but when it does it the actual page loads instantly. 

So it's more like:

On page 7 of a manga. Clicks arrow key or the comic itself to get to page 8. Takes really long time to respond. While you're waiting you're still actually page 7.  Once you get to the next page, the images and everything are loaded instantly.

And it's NOT like this:

On page 7 of a manga. Clicks arrow key or the comic itself to get to page 8. You get redirect to the next page but everything is loaded gradually and the manga is appearing bit by bit. 

For me it's like every 3rd page or so takes forever to load. I have this problem since yesterday.

Edited by NiceBoat, 11 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

I had this problem last night around midnight for the entire site, and now it's just comic pages. Main Comic pages (with the chapter list and comments) take a very long time during the "waiting for www.batoto.net..." stage, but the actual loading is fine once it gets past that stage.

Could this be a load-balance issue again?

Edited by Daktyl198, 11 May 2013 - 08:30 PM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Racest

Racest

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I've been having the same problems too.  It has only been a problem the last couple days.

The manga pages would either load or just say "connecting..." and then I'll have to reclick the link again about a minute later to go to the next page.  Previously, everything was working quickly and smoothly.

Recently

Recently

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I got this problem too. Started having problems maybe 13-14 hours ago.

Basically pages get stuck loading anywhere from 30 sec to a min, but it doesn't happen uniformly. Sometimes pages load instantly like normal and sometimes they take forever (feels like hiccups or something). I'd say about 75% of the pages are loading really slowly though.

greeeed

greeeed

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

same here

page load fast... if it connect with server

(most time I stay in same page for 10~20 second > but the second it connect > next page show up fast

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

it's all still running slow for me, since last night. it's more hit and miss now though, so maybe it's getting better

Tn7HA0h.png

monkyarg

monkyarg

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Been having the same problem, just now it even took over a full minute to load the main page, manga pages just get stuck loading since last night.

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

Good thing I'm currently doing an anime marathon. :3

Posted Image

AquaMagicks

AquaMagicks

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Are people still having this issue? I still am. :T 

EDIT: Basically, I've cleared my cache and add-ons. The forums load pretty quickly, loading up the information of the manga is quick, but the pages are randomly either loading immediately or taking a minute. I haven't had this issue until today. : o 

Edited by AquaMagicks, 12 May 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Asa-chan

Asa-chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorway

Got the same problem.
Pages load instantly or it'll take minutes.

It's completely random when it happens, been on and off for weeks now.

ridesdel

ridesdel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew England

It's been happening to me for a while, mainly only when I would be spending 2-3 hours reading something, figured it was more of a crawler prevention thing with the longer load times. But starting today server responses to the requests on the /read/ and /comic/ just seem to be taking a while. I mean sometimes nearing 90 seconds before a response. Even had a few timeouts.

Also I believe i am on the US/Main server

Edited by ridesdel, 12 May 2013 - 01:49 AM.