Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Plot and characters

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

The DCG

The DCG

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas USA
I really like Noblesse. And I really like Batoto, quite a lot better than MangaFox. So I'm going to talk in here, see if we can't kick this forum up a notch or two.

• The Lord - Also referred to as the princess. Really hates Rai- perhaps due to her (father's?) predecessor's outright favoring of him. The whole power turn-over, and how she kept bringing up how Gejutel chose not to take a sleepy-time as well makes me wonder, doth the lady protest to much? Did she have anything to do with it? Power turn-over can take a lot of time with immortals. You especially might want to move things along if your position as heir seems in danger. Maybe you also might want to 'clean house' taking the powers loyal to the old regime out, as well? Did the princess have anything to do with the reasons Rai took his nap, and Franky decided to search without help?
  • The Prior Lord - Did he just not want the 'princess' to inherit? He certainly seemed to jump through a lot of hoops to make sure she didn't have the Lord's Soul Weapon. (Or does she? Maybe a weakened one-part-of-one-soul weapon, à la Rael?) He wanted Rai to be the Lord. He opened Rai's shrine (while Rai was asleep) a thing that is implied to be nigh impossible for non-family, just so he could put a sword that Rai can't use anyway inside? Was he so confident that he could overcome the 'not descendant' thing? And if so, did he?
  • Rai - OR, alternatively, IS Rai a 'blood' relative (pun fully intended) to the Lord's family? Regis mentioned that Rai's blood-controlling-ability-thingie (which I'm not looking up the name of, at the moment) was something he believed confined to the Lord's bloodline. And it would explain why the Lord (the princess) feels threatened by him, and the Lord (eternally sleeping) felt that Rai could take the sword and the throne. (Anyone else get King Arthur vibes? Especially when I saw the soul weapon that way, apparently point down in some material/monument. 'Whoso Pulleth Out This Sword of this Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise King Born of England Lukedonia.')
  • Frankenstein - Is not a vampire. No red eyes, as seen in EVERY vampire that has had any screen panel time. Is, perhaps, a human? It would fit in well with his name, although, it would seem he, unlike Mary Shelley's original, is his own Monster. Is a demon? Why? Other than his pride, sadism, seeming immortality, 'black' power, and lack of regard for human life, I mostly get that from this (about 4/5ths of the way down the page), where his power appears to manifest as huge stylized wings. Of course, that could just be the Rule of Cool, too.
More soon, as I continue to talk to myself. (Autovocalizing?)

TL;DR summation: Noblesse is nifty, mmkay?

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Didn't Rai mention that he cannot use the Lord's Soul Weapon in some chapter?
He probably is somehow related to "royal" bloodline, but it gives the vibe that he is more "pureblooded"(?)
So I think his blood-control skill comes from him being the "True Noblesse"

And Frankenstein not being a vampire is possible, but maybe the red eyes are reserved for the Noblesse? :D
But there is a high chance that he is a demon like you said. If you look at the next chapters, you can see his hand kinda transforms into something similar to a demon's hand. And his "black" power fits to demon description too.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
What I found to be interesting: We haven't seen the previous lords face/eyes - So we can only assume that he has had red eyes as well - I wonder if there is a reason for that. He also resembles Frankenstein, but that might be just because of his blond hair. So as a bold thesis: the previous lord could have something to do with Frankenstein in one way or another, but who knows?

The DCG

The DCG

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 58 posts

Didn't Rai mention that he cannot use the Lord's Soul Weapon in some chapter?

Yeah, he certainly did. And the (princess) Lord (heretofore known as P!Lord) said no-one except the family could take the throne, as well. I'm just wondering why the (eternally sleeping) Lord (likewise, S!Lord) seemed to think he could get around that- or rather, why he kept bucking the system.

What I found to be interesting: We haven't seen the privious lords face/eyes - So we can only assume that he has had red eyes as well - I wonder if there is a reason for that. He also resembles Frankenstein, but that might be just because auf his blonde hair. So as a bold thesis: the previous lord could have something to do with Frankenstein in one way or another, but who knows?

Bold, indeed! It is true that I have remarked to myself that the P!Lord and Rai share more casual commonality than P! and S! do. I wonder at Franky being in any way related, though, because of the way Gejutel treats him. Gejutel has only respect and honor for the Lord & co... and somewhat less so for poor Frankenstein.

• Shinwoo- I keep wondering if he is fully human. He keeps exceeding limits, y'know? Doing things that are, while not Superman-ish, are at least Batman-ish... ;)

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
Haha yay noblesse thread <3 So we know Rai is the noblesse but that he is not related to the Lord as he can't use the Lord's soul weapon I think the Lord left it with Rai as a sign of his faith in him and you know to get a last one up on Rai while he still could since he tried to force it on Rai when he was alive =p. I don't think Frankenstein is a vampire but he is a little similar at least with the longevity thing I guessed he was just Rai's blood servant/probably little more since he is crazy scientist and he has a soul weapon though do not know much about it. And you have to remember the princess said that Rai was the leader of the people who betrayed the previous Lord that is why she hates him on top of the fact her father wanted Rai to be the Lord instead of her... There are still a lot of confusing things like why would Rai betray the Lord which I do not believe but hopefully it will all be revealed in the next few chapters.

The DCG

The DCG

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 58 posts
Gah! Punctuation, friend, punctuation! And some paragraph breaks wouldn't hurt, either...

Um, lesee here- you are saying S!Lord left the Ragnarok with Rai to get 'one up' on him? Some sort of elaborate practical joke? Seems sort of over-kill, and fairly harsh on (his daughter?) P!Lord, as well.

As to what the P!Lord said about the 'rebels,' I see a few easy answers to that.

1) She's lying. Just in case the whole 'The one the previous Lord wanted to succeed him' went to any of the gathered Gajus' thoughts- it's insurance. This way, she's connecting Rai (who, you must remember, was asleep, missing, and not leading anything) to those who were responsible for several 'deaths' among the Nobles in the last century or so. Helps undermine any support Gejutel might have engendered with his (well thought out) words.

2) The group had historical ties to him, before he disappeared, or else adopted him as a symbol with no say from him (RK4 style). An adopted figurehead for his lineage, notwithstanding his actual beliefs and desires.

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
They talk about giving him the soul weapon when he is still alive and Rai keeps turning it down but before he leaves the Lord smirks and says "you haven't won yet" it really seems he was having fun teasing Rai.

I know she has some trust issues and was said to have never gotten along with Rai even when they were younger but I would be surprised if she would outright lie I think the situation might involve Rai not being their to help the Lord since he was napping.

I had the same thoughts about Shinwoo it really seemed they were making him into Batman but story has ditched the humans behind maybe they will return in importance after this vampire backstory arc ends (hopefully).

Well I feel that he is at least equal to the Lord we know Regis said Gejutel never talks to people with that degree of respect not even the other Gajus.

vish

vish

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
in the chapter when franky was fighting mary he did told that he was the one they were made from or something like that
it probably meant that he too was an enhanced human like the ones organisation makes

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

in the chapter when franky was fighting mary he did told that he was the one they were made from or something like that
it probably meant that he too was an enhanced human like the ones organisation makes

He was known as a mad scientist and he got his power sealed because he abused it and the people got scared of him. which mostly refers that he sacreficed human's / noblesse or other being's to gain there power. although the side effect is that the people who lost there souls try to kill him / take over his body as revenge.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

fallton13

fallton13

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida
So with the end of this season of Noblesse we have learned that Rai is not related to the Lord's bloodline, that the Lord is, even in death, trying to make Rai the new Lord, that there never were any traitors, Franky is fully human, and Franky's weapon formed of souls is truly trying to "eat" him.

Something that I caught, maybe, was some of the Lord's reactions and emotional tells while dealing with Rai after the "Traitor" ordeal was cleared up. I think there might be a bit of love interest from her toward him. Especially the look on her face when he says he's going back to Japan. She might have been acting all sweet and happy because she thought that he was staying, but as soon as he said he was leaving... THAT look is unmistakable. I think we'll find the Lord's presence in Japan in the not so distant future...maybe. I know the whole romance thing there isn't that important to the plot but it sounds good and it's already visually shown.

Another note, was it just me or was that a smile on Rai's face at the end of 200 when his name was called out by the kids? I think that maybe his personality is much different than what he exposes. I wouldn't mind seeing some of that personality come out. I'm sure it would definitely add to the comedy, much like the previous Lord.

Glass Frog

Glass Frog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBandoeng
korean's agents don't know Noblesse existence, poor them :batoto_032:

-----Everyone Needs Foods-----

Posted Image

₰Ѻʯϒαϑ

₰Ѻʯϒαϑ

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLost Dimension
@Glass Frog not likely........they know but never met any of the Noblesse....:D

Glass Frog

Glass Frog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBandoeng

@Glass Frog not likely........they know but never met any of the Noblesse.... :D

do you think so?
if they knew noblesse existence, they don't need to investigate buildings damage in Seoul
or maybe just upper level who knows noblesse existence :rolleyes:
and the children will be more involve with noblesse n organization if they accept korean's agent offering

Posted Image

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
The agents know its somethgin similar to them (enchanted humans or similar) but are kept in dark for the details.
Hence they are trying to investigate it. They will probably learn of their existance soon :)

Glass Frog

Glass Frog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBandoeng
yes, they know about human enhanted and organization coz they helped M21.
but it's weird, why they appear now not before that accident -_-
just curious about their roles in the battles between rai [and friends] and organization :rolleyes:

Posted Image

₰Ѻʯϒαϑ

₰Ѻʯϒαϑ

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLost Dimension

do you think so? if they knew noblesse existence, they don't need to investigate buildings damage in Seoul or maybe just upper level who knows noblesse existence :rolleyes: and the children will be more involve with noblesse n organization if they accept korean's agent offering

I don't think they were investigating the building damage rather they were clearing up the damage caused because they were ordered to......and specifically if we consider these two agents they were kept in dark about the cause of the damage.(ch202<pg22-pg23>)... :)
so they decided to do their own investigation cause they can't stand the damage inflicted on their country (ch202<pg24>)....but their real mission as given to them by the higher ups is to recruit shinwoo & Ikhan for the Organisation.... :)
And even though M21 & M24 were of the lowest rank they knew about the Noblesse.....though the knowledge they had was very little.... :)
(I may turn out to be wrong....the agents knowing about the noblesse depends entirely upon the author... :D)

Edited by bapansourav, 07 November 2011 - 06:14 PM.

Zealith

Zealith

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far, far away.
They might know something, even as M-21 knew something, but will they apply what they know? As it is, they have no reason to suspect anyone of being a noblesse.

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts

(...) Especially the look on her face when he says he's going back to Japan. (...) I think we'll find the Lord's presence in Japan in the not so distant future...maybe. I know the whole romance thing there isn't that important to the plot but it sounds good and it's already visually shown.

It's South Korea, not Japan. :P

Spoiler

Sulin

Sulin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
The KSA agents are in the dark because their director doesn't want the "organization" to find out that the KSA is doing experiments to make enhanced humans of their own. Hence the KSA's enhanced humans are normally kept away from any actions involving the organization, but the KSA is short staffed at the moment so they got sent for recruitment duty. Too bad for them that they just got major busted! <3 M-21

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
more!!!!!!!

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image