Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Soul Weapons of the dead Clan Leaders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

werewulfking

werewulfking

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

I just reread the parts of Noblesse that talked about Soul Weapons and it seems to me that Soul Weapons have to be passed on. But the Elders that were killed didn't have time to do that so I imagine that there has to be another way how the heir of the Clan can get the soulwepon as I can't imagine Rai willingly destroying 2 Soulweapons. 

So I hope that there will be more Clanleaders appearing in the future. Or do you think the Soulweapons were just lost?

Nihonomaruh

Nihonomaruh

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts

How should they passed on their soul weapons if they got no descendant? lols

will_of_fire_by_manga_wolf-d5qr0am_zps43

"My sin is my own existence."

Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te.
I can live neither with you, nor without you.

Nihil Sine Nefas
Nothing without a sin

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

How should they passed on their soul weapons if they got no descendant? lols

We don't know that, there could be more Agvains and Sirianas in Lukedonia :D

And about the weapons, maybe the lord can summon them?

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts

I think all of the 6 traitor clan leaders have descendants. I mean, weren't they supposed to go to eternal sleep 500 years ago? If they didn't have a pureblood descendant to take their mantle they would never have been expected to do it in the first place. 

Joker V. Phantom

Joker V. Phantom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

If the soul weapon just happens to summon itself to its new master (the new Clan Leader) , wouldn't there be a bit of confusion on who would get it? I mean c'mon these were suppose to go to Eternal Sleep 500 years ago I believe, they've got to have bunch of heirs right? Then again it won't make much sense if they only have 1 heir...

~Joker V. Phantom~

Batoto Jail's Prison Doctor

TsN3XTW.gif

SevenSeven

SevenSeven

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationChocolate Heaven

I don't think the Soul Weapon (SW) automatically passes on to the new heir. If it did, then Seira would have already known that her father had died before Gejutel came to tell her. I think there must be some sort of ritual or ceremony where the SW is "bestowed" upon the heir.

I think that under normal circumstances the heir is chosen by the Clan Leader before they go to eternal sleep and the SW may be passed on at the time that the Clan Leader goes to sleep.

There must be some other way to transfer the SW when the Clan Leader dies another way. Seira didn't receive the SW automatically, Gejutel told her that she would have to accept the title of Clan Leader since she was the only heir. (I wish the authors would show a flashback of her  receiving the SW)

If the SW needs to be summoned by the Lord to be transferred, then the heirs of the traitors would not be able to inherit the SW.

Then there is the question of how Rael received Grandia. I think his father gave it to him before he went to eternal sleep and Rajak received his part afterward. (speculation)

There must be some other way to transfer the SW, but I can't think of what it could be. (sighs in frustration)

Edited by SevenSeven, 07 November 2013 - 11:49 PM.