Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Why is the title called Six Half?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

NamelessMapler

NamelessMapler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Do you guys or girls have any theories as to why Six Half is called Six Half? I think it was the age that Shiori became "a bitch" or something because it seems that somewhere in the beginning of elementary school, Shiori became more aware of her beauty or something happened to her that caused her to become mean/bitchy. 

I am AKA: Spearsmen620
Spoiler

If you play ExtaliaMS, Sub me on YouTube!

myss.tris

myss.tris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

interesting theory. that never occurred to me.

We wouldn't actually know unless people stop being stupid and actually tell her what the heck happened in the past. 

sorry I don't have any idea though. Never did really think about it. Usually reasons for the title are clarified because it becomes clear within the story and I don't think this manga is going to end soon either so we have time to figure it out. (7 volumes and ongoing)

Edited by myss.tris, 29 April 2013 - 07:04 AM.

BlackHayate

BlackHayate

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I think Six Half might be the duration of the time that Shiori spends without her memories. So six and a half months. Besides that, the number could just be a reoccurring motif. I wasn't paying enough attention, so I can't say for sure, but I think Shiori was 6 and a half when her mother died.

Also, six half could be a contraction of the phrase, "six of one, half of a dozen of the other," an English language idiom meaning that two options are equivalent. It could relate to Shiori as she is now, vs. how she was before, saying that the two versions are the same person. And various other meanings.

It'd also make a bit of sense. The translation of the title is "Six Half" because the title in Japanese is a transcription of the English words "Six Half" (シックスハーフ, or sikusu hafu). Choosing to use the transcription suggests that the title might have some sort of significance in English, hence, the English language idiom comes to mind.

mimi25

mimi25

Russet Potato

• Shirayuki Scans
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlost

I think Six Half might be the duration of the time that Shiori spends without her memories. So six and a half months.

Definitely not this one. I've read chapter 25, and it says there it's been 8 months. So it's not this... 

Not sure, but the idiom kinda sounds agreeable. 

Now I'm also curious. Gotta keep reading! xD

hG90pQN.png

shadow, by ponies~ <3

别管閑事!