Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Amazing character development!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

young_machete

young_machete

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I just had a thought, do you think that each of the authors are writing one of the main characters each? Becuase the last names of both of the authors correspond to the last names of the main characters and they already seem so different and yet so real. I've seen it done before, like with the novel Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. If so, its kind of an interesting way to write it.

Both of the characters already seem so fleshed out, and I'm only up to Chapter 6. There's an obvious oppositional dynamic set up, where Neuk Jae-gal is the "real" person, who has no pretence or art to his interactions with others, but is held back by his appearance; and Hwang Sam is the "fake" person who cloaks herself in this pretence that keeps people away and makes her feel in control. For a normal manhwa/ga that would be enough, and the plot would kind of take over in bringing out character progression, but I feel like this is one of those special stories that takes its time to reveal more of the characters' layers as we go along, peeling them off unexpectedly in ways that dance around and enhance the forward plot movement. I aready think that calling one "fake" and one "real" is hugely oversimplifying. In some ways, I think this kind of story is harder to write than plot-heavy thriller stories, because it requires a deep understanding of human nature and a range of different experiences and perspectives.

I can't wait for more releases, thank you to the scanlation group! Does anyone have any background info on the manhwa-ga/artist?