Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter order bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Abozzo

Abozzo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts
Hey guys,

When adding a new chapter you can choose not to fill in the sort order field. The server will then automatically calculate the sort order by the formula. However, when you add a (different) letter in the chapter field (1a, 1b, 1c, etc) the sort order will be identical.

When two chapters have the same order number it will sort on alphabetical order. So (from chapter list perspective):
1a
1b
1c

But in this situation it should be reversed:
1c
1b
1a

So far I just had to add .1 and .2 to the sort order number to fix it. But it would be nice if it was automatically in the right order.

Abozzo

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
One solution could be to work with numbers other than the letters. As it was done here: http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/school-shock-r66. But I agree that this is time-consuming and mistake-prone.

Edited by mhh, 14 May 2011 - 01:58 PM.
no bb code ...

Abozzo

Abozzo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts
Another solution would be to "translate" the numbers to decimals in the chapter order number. Example: 1a becomes 1001.01, 1b becomes 1001.02, ..., 1z becomes 1001.26

The other side of the coin is that you'll have to limit the amount of letters in the chapter field to one. You can currently put an entire sentence in there.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
I'll try to remember to add a secondary sort priority when the sort order is identical.

I don't think translation of letters into numbers would work though as chapter field accepts almost anything like "Extra", "Omake" etc. There's also the question of 1a being 1.01 vs someone typing ch 1.01. :P

But generally speaking, this is exactly why I made the sort order possible to edit.