Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What manga did you just finish?

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Well, I keep seeing people in the suggestions part of the forum suggesting recommendations or a whole series review to be added on Batoto. As well as many people looking for things to read on Comic Finder so thought it might be nice to have a thread of people saying what manga/manhwa/manhua/ they just finished/caught up to/dropped and how they liked it. A review is compulsory however, don't just leave a name. It might help people find a few interesting series to read.

To clarify, if you have just read a series whether it be incompleted or completed, you can write about it here.

Sorry if something like this has been made though dont think this really is the same as the manga you are currently reading thread. Also wasnt really sure if to put this in General or Comic Finder....

Example:

Just finished reading the series http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/wendy-r1497. Quite an out of the ordinary read and an interesting take on Peter Pan. Made me start laughing by the out-right craziness of this around about in the middle. XD

Art was a bit rough but managed to get used to it at around the third chapter. It suited the dark themes in the manga though. 

Story was gripping and had some major use of philosophy and psychology in it. Was also mature.

Overall 4/5 stars for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if that review wasnt too good, can be bad at explaining at times. Dont be afraid to go into more detail if you wish but make sure to not write spoilers. If you are discussing with another and do end up needing to write a few spoilers in order to discuss please put them in spoilers. Just in case you do not know how, this is the way:

[spoiler][./spoiler] Use the code without the full stop.

So let me ask you again, what manga/manhwa/manhua did you just finish/drop/caught up to?

Edited by Funky Sadistic Donkey Kong, 23 December 2014 - 07:15 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, why don't I go with "completed" (and I do mean "a completed" work as well)........though probably not the most recent title I've finished, the most noteworthy one of any amount of length  would be the manhwa/webtoon  The Friendly Winter.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/the-friendly-winter-r5945

A seinen work, it's primarily a slice of life / drama with a number of very real-life and difficult themes. The main characters can be considered quite unique from most manga/manhwa stories (at least in my experience) and it was one of the more popular stories that I've ever seen here on Batoto with slice of life being it's main theme (in other words no action or romance). Almost 1,000 followers is really high for a slice of life story for those who aren't big fans of the genre. 

64.5 chapters complete

out of 5 it's an easy 5 for me, as far as the Batoto system there were 129 votes and it finished just below 4.7

Very, very good, well worth a read for those who appreciate a good story...........and you might cry. I did mention some real-life, difficult themes, didn't I? :D

Tn7HA0h.png

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Well, why don't I go with "completed" (and I do mean "a completed" work as well)........though probably not the most recent title I've finished, the most noteworthy one of any amount of length  would be the manhwa/webtoon  The Friendly Winter.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/the-friendly-winter-r5945

A seinen work, it's primarily a slice of life / drama with a number of very real-life and difficult themes. The main characters can be considered quite unique from most manga/manhwa stories (at least in my experience) and it was one of the more popular stories that I've ever seen here on Batoto with slice of life being it's main theme (in other words no action or romance). Almost 1,000 followers is really high for a slice of life story for those who aren't big fans of the genre. 

64.5 chapters complete

out of 5 it's an easy 5 for me, as far as the Batoto system there were 129 votes and it finished just below 4.7

Very, very good, well worth a read for those who appreciate a good story...........and you might cry. I did mention some real-life, difficult themes, didn't I? :D

This, this is so true! finished the friendly winter a few weeks ago, and its a very very good read. The art is fantastic, the characters are loveable, the story is original. if you are a lover of the genre, this is a must read, even cried manly tears at the end.

aovnZo7.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

This, this is so true! finished the friendly winter a few weeks ago, and its a very very good read. The art is fantastic, the characters are loveable, the story is original. if you are a lover of the genre, this is a must read, even cried manly tears at the end.

yup, agreed,  it's one I can't really praise enough. for those who like the genres the story grabs you right away and maintains full interest throughout. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Angel Densetsu recently, funny manga as hell.  The author is the same as Claymore.

Krazoa

Krazoa

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationTrophaeum Tower

Absolutely nothing because everything i happen to read just seems to be ongoing

But there was "Unbalance X Unbalance" like 3 months ago, which was the last one i truely finished

One to change it, One to write a poem about it, One to cry and whine about how they miss the old One

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

yup, agreed,  it's one I can't really praise enough. for those who like the genres the story grabs you right away and maintains full interest throughout. 

Will read after I finish catching up to Until Death Do Us Part....Feel that I do need a little innocence after that. XD

Angel Densetsu recently, funny manga as hell.  The author is the same as Claymore.

Ooooh a comedy...Thanks mate, on my to read list. XD

Absolutely nothing because everything i happen to read just seems to be ongoing

But there was "Unbalance X Unbalance" like 3 months ago, which was the last one i truely finished

Feel free to post ones which you have just caught up to.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Just finished Wolf Boy, and i found it quite good, not as horrible as alot of people said it would be. i advice you not to read if if you're not prepared for gore and rape, although i found it not as controversial as people depicted it would be, falling behind berserker on that point for example.

aovnZo7.png

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Just finished Wolf Boy, and i found it quite good, not as horrible as alot of people said it would be. i advice you not to read if if you're not prepared for gore and rape, although i found it not as controversial as people depicted it would be, falling behind berserker on that point for example.

The thing is that the main character annoys the hell out of me in Wolf Boy.  He is a dumbass.  He should of killed the other kid right away instead of acting all arrogant.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

From what I heard the main problem of people is that the author made way too much chapter about the rape, it was more awkward than everything in the end. I don't say he can't put rape in his manga, but he didn't have to make so much about it.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

From what I heard the main problem of people is that the author made way too much chapter about the rape, it was more awkward than everything in the end. I don't say he can't put rape in his manga, but he didn't have to make so much about it.

that's pretty much me. I liked it quite a bit up to that point..........it was (to me at least, lots of people supported that story throughout) just too much. It destroyed the continuity of the story and was senseless in the level of extremeness. But again, just my opinion. And not the opinion of someone who doesn't love graphic hentai either.........trust me :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

that's pretty much me. I liked it quite a bit up to that point..........it was (to me at least, lots of people supported that story throughout) just too much. It destroyed the continuity of the story and was senseless in the level of extremeness. But again, just my opinion. And not the opinion of someone who doesn't love graphic hentai either.........trust me :D

I also have no problem with hentai :D but when reading this part of Wolf Guy, it just felt awkward, I had to force myself to continue reading it :/

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Mmmm i don't know, i didnt have that much problems reading it, and people were saying things like oooh 20 chapters full of rape, but it was more like 2 chapters censored rape. lets say i was expecting worse. Also it didn't hit me as hard as, for instance

Spoiler
Not saying rape is good, and that it couldve been done in less chapters, it just didn't bother me really much, although i quit watching it at work lol xD

aovnZo7.png

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Oh you meant Berserk when saying Berserker >< The scene where Guts has to watch her get rape is horrible, but other than that it seems to be realistic according to the era/world they're in so it doesn't "bother" me much.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Mmmm i don't know, i didnt have that much problems reading it, and people were saying things like oooh 20 chapters full of rape, but it was more like 2 chapters censored rape. lets say i was expecting worse. Also it didn't hit me as hard as, for instance

Spoiler
Not saying rape is good, and that it couldve been done in less chapters, it just didn't bother me really much, although i quit watching it at work lol xD

yup, as I remember during that time  there were plenty of people on both sides..........just a matter of personal preferences is all. Different strokes for different folks.  

Tn7HA0h.png

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Well, for a personal opinion, i found the monster rape in berserk way more horrifying then people on people. But i guess its a matter of personal opinion, and i think we discussed enough rape issues here now xD.

Ontopic: Finished Black Lagoon

aovnZo7.png

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Oh you meant Berserk when saying Berserker >< The scene where Guts has to watch her get rape is horrible, but other than that it seems to be realistic according to the era/world they're in so it doesn't "bother" me much.

Well Berserker didn't bother me much because they were showing it as kind of part of the story.  With Wold guy it seemed like the author went over the top.  It was just little too dark for my liking.  You could show bad and dark stuff but can do it in as much tasteful way as you can, don't just try to make it as bad as you can.  With Wolf Guy I felt like the author was enjoying making the characters suffer which annoyed the hell out of me.

I guess to me it just annoys me when you try to show the bad stuff too much and that is your selling point.  I just feel bad when they do that.  More then that what annoyed me in Wolf guy was the main character.  He was a dumbass.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Well Berserker didn't bother me much because they were showing it as kind of part of the story.  With Wold guy it seemed like the author went over the top.  It was just little too dark for my liking.  You could show bad and dark stuff but can do it in as much tasteful way as you can, don't just try to make it as bad as you can.  With Wolf Guy I felt like the author was enjoying making the characters suffer which annoyed the hell out of me.

I guess to me it just annoys me when you try to show the bad stuff too much and that is your selling point.  I just feel bad when they do that.  More then that what annoyed me in Wolf guy was the main character.  He was a dumbass.

Dumbass? lol i thought he was the exact opposite of a dumbass. what did u find so dumb about him? He was merely doing what a werewolf would do, trying to not get attached, and not just plain killing every human in sight, even though they harrass him and kick the hell outta him. Some things he couldve handled different yeah, but overall i thought he was very cool

aovnZo7.png

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Dumbass? lol i thought he was the exact opposite of a dumbass. what did u find so dumb about him? He was merely doing what a werewolf would do, trying to not get attached, and not just plain killing every human in sight, even though they harrass him and kick the hell outta him. Some things he couldve handled different yeah, but overall i thought he was very cool

He was dumbass because he keeps on thinking he was way superior and letting the mob boss's son alive.  It was obvious from the beginning that this kid is not going to give up and do more bad things.  And the ones that would get hurt would be the people that he interacted with.  He was too much of an idiot to see that.  I would of of killed the mob boss's son at the beginning and just finish it instead of dragging everything down and because of his stupidity, others died or suffered like the teacher.  I just don't like main characters that makes stupid decisions.

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

He was dumbass because he keeps on thinking he was way superior and letting the mob boss's son alive.  It was obvious from the beginning that this kid is not going to give up and do more bad things.  And the ones that would get hurt would be the people that he interacted with.  He was too much of an idiot to see that.  I would of of killed the mob boss's son at the beginning and just finish it instead of dragging everything down and because of his stupidity, others died or suffered like the teacher.  I just don't like main characters that makes stupid decisions.

If you are going to discuss what happens in the story at least use a spoiler mate.