Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

God Mythology: What Happened

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Nilix

Nilix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I was about to write this as a comment but then I noticed it got a little lengthy so I wrote it here.

Anyway, I read this chapter and didn't understand what happened at the end. And then decided to read it two more times, and finally was able to grasp a few things.

The real problem comes from what she said in the ending which clearly illustrated that not she had no idea what he was implying, nor did she even recognize who said it to her. Like an erasure of memories.

But then I reread it.

Looking from the beginning and then the end, you can note the time on the clock and the place that they meet is exactly the same. But it doesn't really feel like a whole day passed. Rather, there's no real sense made if a day passed. They simply reverted back to the beginning.

At this point I see two possible things.

1) Whatever was making her feel down in the beginning was actually a result of one of those bugs that he mentioned.

2) He used the monolith to change something. Inserting it back at an angle could have caused changes on its own.

In this case, the bug or the change might have been that girl that he mentioned she liked. "She wasn't right for her". Blowing on it might have prevented the bug from persisting and changed history right. Inserting it in improperly might have changed something, almost like a hack. But it's fine since something like this will be forgiven. If his direct motive was to change how she felt about that girl she once liked, the hidden purpose behind that line might have been a hint towards God's disapproval for homosexuality. Of course, there is also something in it for him, since he obviously likes her. Whether it happened because of force hacked history or the result of a removed bug is impossible to tell, however, this is really just me going on about what I gathered after reading that part of the chapter three times.

Perhaps I'm just thinking too hard. Whatever, I wrote too many words to not press send.

"The preservation of manga currently sits in the hands of the incompetent, the unknowing, or both."

-BlueThings, 2016

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

It's Dou Man. The above makes too much sense for one of his works.

sig-1.png

KelpTheGreat

KelpTheGreat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

I pretty much agree with Katzilla. Although that interpretation does have some merit.

Timbus

Timbus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Cartridge tilting on an n64 was very interesting and I do think it had a lot to do with the chapter. http://errors.wikia.com/wiki/Cartridge_tilting if you aren't aware of it. Youtube some videos of what it can do (the results can be hilarious and terrifying)

Sol Falling

Sol Falling

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

What's with the assumption that the kid was a boy?  Seemed like a girl to me.

solar

solar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

I liked this chapter just because its so open to so many interpretations... Para mi es que eso de ladiar el bloque negro regreso el dia... el angelito lo iso aproposito por el amor que le tiene al la niña... ILOVEDIT

Kata.

Kata.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

The kid is a boy:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/164353/nickelodeon_v2_ch22_by_thetsuuyaku/3

About the chapter, I thought that the kid want to change the past, so he left the monolith tilted. He said "something like this will be forgiven" because he knew that he cheated (by using tilted monolith). Even though it is a "bad way" to cheer up someone, he merited himself with the idea that at least the girl is happy now.

Now that you mentioned about the homosexuality issue, maybe the kid appreciated his deed with such point of view. He directed the girl to the "right way", so even if he cheated a little bit, it can be forgiven, because he thought that he did the right thing.

Thanks for posting, Nilix. :D

GreatNinja

GreatNinja

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

It's Dou Man. The above makes too much sense for one of his works.

Well base from Doumans H mangas a lot of them actually go and interpret it in fact i have some interpretation of my own in some of the chapter so for me it makes sense that douman would do this also if your 18+ try reading his H stories their pretty nice their as weird as this also he started in making H also :3

ProverbialSquid

ProverbialSquid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

You could always ask the author instead of making crap up. Mangaka tend to be very friendly.

BlackHayate

BlackHayate

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I didn't know about cartridge tilting before, so this topic was interesting for me.

Something to consider: when he says, "something like this will probably be forgiven," he's probably referring to two people... God, and, most importantly, the girl, which is why that panel is given so much weight. Since he tilts the cartridge to erase the girl's love for her crush from history, he's probably more worried about upsetting the object of his affection than the boss of his day job.

heke

heke

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

It's natural that this story should be confusing.   For the lines in fourth panel on page 6 is wrongly translated.

They translated them as "There used to be a girl you liked, right?".  But original Japanese lines are "お姉さんの好きな人 カノジョがいたんでしょ。", which mean "The person you liked had a girlfriend, right?"  So normally thinking, the person this girl liked is supposed to be a boy.  Of course there's a chance that the person should be a she, but at least no apparent clue here.  So I think there's no hint for lesbianism in this story.