Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The traitor

Nanatsu_no_Taizai Traitor

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

So who do you all think may have been the actual traitor in the beginning?  I know King is a prime target but he only had a reason to attack the rest (and by rest I mean Ban whether or not he is with the group or not) after he went back to his hometown.  Plus he had to hide because the sins were called criminals. 

Honestly I can't really think about who could be the traitor.  I know not all have been introduced but considering how the sins have been showcased so far it is hard to imagine that someone in this group would betray them all.  I mean Ban seems like the most obvious but he shows a lot of respect for the captain so it is probably not him.

Whoever it is it will probably hit hard.  Cause all these main characters are awesome.

Mira

Mira

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Hopefully they throw us off and make it the Captain himself or the Giant Girl

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I bet it is the Cap'n

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

let's see there are seven deadly sin

what we've found so far is:

-wrath

-envy

-greed

-sloth

and the one yet to be found is:

-lust

-pride

-gluttony

well if i might say, all of these sins have a reason for betrayal, after all they are the representative of all humans deepest desire.

I just hope it's not some twist like it's actually the Princess that betrayed them, that she's actually have some secret powers and she's the reason why the knights have been easily found them ever since she joined up with capt'n

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

From what we have seen of the current sins there really isn't a reason for them to betray the group.  Envy loves Mel and I doubt would destroy the whole group to get closer as she wants him to be happy.  King freaking gave all the kids of the kingdom their toys back and he is the fairy king, I can't see any plausible reason for his betrayal, what would get from it?  Ban is a maybe but so far his greed stems from just doing what he wants to do for fun, it seems he respected/tolerated the members of the group and he probably could have just left if he felt bored.  Plus there is the fact that they were hiding. 

Yes the traitor could also hide to trick the others but take a look at how people reacted to them.  Ban's jailors were surprised, Diane hid in a forest where no one would find her.  Hell King seemed the closest but if he was really the traitor then he wouldn't have ran away to his home.

Course there is the possibility that people planned on the sins meeting each other again and thus had the traitor hide as well.  I guess we will find out when it happens.

cookieness

cookieness

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

my money's on pride :D

misukochan

misukochan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPH
I never thought of the possibility that Captain could be the traitor. When Lord King showed up I had my doubts and they were confirmed. But if it was indeed Captain, what could the reason be? Revenge for Lizzy (or was t Liz?)?

Baka~Yuri

Baka~Yuri

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBed~~

Meh it's a waste of time to figure this out by what is given. While it's true Ban's jailors were surprise of him breaking out, and thus excluding him from the suspect, what is drawn is for the readers. But of course I'm not saying Ban is the traitor, just saying we can't know yet for sure.

Posted Image

SAimNE

SAimNE

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

^not to mention that after seeing his flashback you feel like crap even trying to think that he could have done it. i actually shed a tear for ban in that story x.x

Skrymir

Skrymir

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

I wanna say that Gilthunder did it.Lost himself in the act of getting his own father killed and later blamed the 7 in order to ease his own mind.

Soepstengel

Soepstengel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBetween Heaven and Hell

The princess can do something special, no doubt, her eye is being kept hidden behind her hair too obviously for that not to be the case. That said, it would be highly unlikely for it to be her, at least directly.

"Just once, JUST ONCE, I'd like to have a fall of a cliff fatal enough to actually kill me..."

TheHabeo

TheHabeo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I think pride is the most fishy. 

Skrymir

Skrymir

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Doesn't Helbram look like one of the posters of the 7?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/192865/nanatsu-no-taizai_ch45_by_red-hawk-neo/16

http://vatoto.com/read/_/138027/nanatsu-no-taizai_ch1_by_red-hawk-neo/8

Guest_jonjon100_von_Kartoffel

Guest_jonjon100_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

It's either the last one that is gonna be introduced or there isn't any

lejdcool

lejdcool

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Part of me feels like it's going to be meliodas, and all while they're trying to discourage and convince us that he is the traitor. It would be a pretty huge hit to find out the main character of the series, this OP monster is the traitor who stabbed all of his friends in the back and leveled an entire kingdom. It would make for a really interesting final battle, to see all the sins go up against their captain, whose only been getting stronger throughout the series. 

Ket'lane

Ket'lane

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFrance

What if the traitor was Merlin? On the poster, Merlin looks like a girl, and assuming she is, her name seems to imply she is a magician.  So what if Merlin was actually the woman who just joined the fight against Meliodas in the last chapter (the 80th)?

You can also compare her with the one that seems to be Merlin (on the left) in the flashback. They have the same gloves, for example. And if she can use magic, it would explain why Meliodas doesn't have clear memories about the day the Great Holy Knight was killed.

Spoiler

What do you think about it?

Hyakuju

Hyakuju

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

What if the traitor was Merlin? On the poster, Merlin looks like a girl, and assuming she is, her name seems to imply she is a magician.  So what if Merlin was actually the woman who just joined the fight against Meliodas in the last chapter (the 80th)?

You can also compare her with the one that seems to be Merlin (on the left) in the flashback. They have the same gloves, for example. And if she can use magic, it would explain why Meliodas doesn't have clear memories about the day the Great Holy Knight was killed.

Spoiler

What do you think about it?

Of course the traitor was Merlin. Are you guys stupid?

Spoiler

The real question is whether or not the masked woman who was aiding Hendricksen & Gilthunder is in fact Merlin. Which I believe to be extremely likely. 

After all if Merlin is the one who knocked out Meliodas(and she is) then it's only natural she'd be on Hendricksen's side seeing as how it was him & Dreyfus who plotted to kill Zaratras(The strongest Great Holy Knight). 

Ket'lane

Ket'lane

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFrance

Of course the traitor was Merlin. Are you guys stupid?

Spoiler

The real question is whether or not the masked woman who was aiding Hendricksen & Gilthunder is in fact Merlin. Which I believe to be extremely likely. 

After all if Merlin is the one who knocked out Meliodas(and she is) then it's only natural she'd be on Hendricksen's side seeing as how it was him & Dreyfus who plotted to kill Zaratras(The strongest Great Holy Knight). 

Ah yes, that's right. I had completely forgotten about this chapter, thanks for reminding me.

Hyakuju

Hyakuju

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

So the one at Hendricksen's side was Merlin's apprentice Vivian. This suggests that Merlin was never a traitor to begin with and that she knocked out Meliodas in order to teleport him away to safety of something along those lines. 

adhuystrf

adhuystrf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Honestly I think that if there is a traitor it's Gowther (Lust). His ability to insert memories temporarily and then have all their actions forgotten makes it perfect. While it's already been established that the last Great Holy Knight was killed by Hendricksen and Dreyfus, Gowther knocking out Meliodas would also explain his memory loss.