Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Main page kind of broken...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Location...del otro lado del río...

The main page is, well, kind of broken, the list of latest mangas is not showing neither in Chrome or Firefox.

I've uploaded a screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/1YsHFzd.jpg?1

"I wish you could see the look on your faces!... Oh wait, you can!"
Q - Star Trek Voyager

Spoiler

Analord

Analord

Potato

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Location5D

­

Edited by Slevin, 11 April 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Se aí tem fé, aqui tem axé.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

well I guess there's no need to say I have the same problem? well I did anyway ._.

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

An update, when I use the "Older Releases" button (http://vatoto.com/?p=2) it works normally, but when I try http://vatoto.com/?p=1 i get the issue again, I guess it is a php code issue.

Edited by Sebastian De Los Angeles, 03 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Q - Star Trek Voyager

Spoiler

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts

It might have to do with the deluge of chapters on delay - EGScans alone released fifty or so today.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Yes, we are aware of the problem. The reason is a mass release that has been put on a delay, so the chapters are invisible/hidden for you guys.

Just click on the "Older Releases" button to 'fix' the problem. Its the only solution for now.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Batoto staff.

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

But... how!? I mean, how can a simple mass release cause the page to break down like that? Like, what's the mechanism behind it?

Posted Image

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

EGScans release 50 chapters or so. All of them are invisible for the users, because they (the chapters) are on 24h delay and that's how Batoto works. So basically you have a whole page of invisible stuff, which gives the false impression that the site is broken. It will all be fine in ~20h.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

m0t0man

m0t0man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe interwebs

Damn, 50ish chapters? someone was stock piling it for a while.  lol

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts

Yeah, you can thank EGS and Friendship scans for that. Both released mass loads of chapter.

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

The same happened to me ~yay I'm not alone!  :batoto_004: 

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

EGScans release 50 chapters or so. All of them are invisible for the users, because they (the chapters) are on 24h delay and that's how Batoto works. So basically you have a whole page of invisible stuff, which gives the false impression that the site is broken. It will all be fine in ~20h.

Holy f-

Posted Image

Serph

Serph

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

so I´m not the only one who has this problem and is a one time thing? thank god and thank you Batoto staff for resolving my doubts

Fennec

Fennec

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

For a group called "easygoing", they sure work hard. xD

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Oh, so that's it... thanks for the clarification

Yes, we are aware of the problem. The reason is a mass release that has been put on a delay, so the chapters are invisible/hidden for you guys.

Just click on the "Older Releases" button to 'fix' the problem. Its the only solution for now.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Batoto staff.

Q - Star Trek Voyager

Spoiler

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Well, that explains a lot... But still....50 chapters? That's dedication right here!

Kreian

Kreian

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

seems like is back to normal some what 

tumblr_m792o1vknh1qj0scwo6_250.gif

Haiyami

Haiyami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

I would also like to respond about the main home page. Under the category of popular series, the list goes outside of the box it is specified in. I notice this in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.  It seems you need to first put the my follows and Full list of  popular series category in totally seperate divs and use and id instead of a class. Then you should apply the overflow:scroll; selector to each of those ids. Apparently the for some reason the clearfix properly is messing up the range of the div where the popular series list is in. It also might be something to do with the index_stats div. I tried downloading the page and fixing it, but it seems its going to take some work. The css is a mess and all bunched together and not stacked properly.

#contentwrapper {

height: 500px;

overflow:scroll;

}

The css selectors should look like something above. It's neater and easier to deal with.

Edited by Haiyami, 04 April 2013 - 06:21 AM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

I would also like to respond about the main home page. Under the category of popular series, the list goes outside of the box it is specified in. I notice this in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.  It seems you need to first put the my follows and Full list of  popular series category in totally seperate divs and use and id instead of a class. Then you should apply the overflow:scroll; selector to each of those ids. Apparently the for some reason the clearfix properly is messing up the range of the div where the popular series list is in. It also might be something to do with the index_stats div. I tried downloading the page and fixing it, but it seems its going to take some work. The css is a mess and all bunched together and not stacked properly.

#contentwrapper {

height: 500px;

overflow:scroll;

}

The css selectors should look like something above. It's neater and easier to deal with.

The front page (and everything else) makes use of the IPB framework already there, so any problems like that are most likely with the theme and/or IPB and not Batoto's customizations.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Had this problem last night but was fixed by the time I woke up this morning and now it's back. Did they release another 50 more chapters or something?