Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Max display-width on images

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Alxandr

Alxandr

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 44 posts

Before anyone starts shooting me down; I'm not proposing to limit the actual width of manga-images, only to let the user decide on his own a "zoom"-level. Batoto already scales images (in the browser) when they are wider than your screen, however in some cases (like mine) when the screen is really, really wide, I don't want the image taking all the width, because that turns into too much scrolling. So I'd like the ability to say (for instance) that instead of scaling to browser-width, rather scale to the least of browser-width or 800px (random number, don't know if this is optimal, but it should preferably be editable by the user).

I can help with the logic and/or scripting if wanted, as that is my area of expertise.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Can you go into a bit more detail? Do you mean:

A.)the auto-zoom when the image is too big to fit on the page or...

B.)the zoom when you press "Z"?

Because (A) is just zoomed down to fit within the div while (B) un-zooms and displays the image at full size; NOT scaled at all let alone to browser width.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Alxandr

Alxandr

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 44 posts

Yeah, sorry if there was any confusion. I mean the auto-zoom. Cause currently, when reading manga with really high width, I'm forced to create a new browser-window that's only half my screen-width, otherwise I see to little of the page.

The zoom ("Z") whould ofcause be 100%.

Oh, and just to really clarify, what I'm proposing is basically letting me set a max-with of said div.

Edited by Alxandr, 04 April 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Ohh, so you'd like the ability to set how wide the scaled-down image is. That makes sense, though I think most people wouldn't need it.

I like this idea, but until the ad situation gets sorted out it might have a tough time getting approved/implemented...

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Sality

Sality

Russet Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 350 posts

+1 for your idea.

Shamune

Shamune

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts

So basically you can't set whether zoom is on or off?  Would be nice to change, then.  For some chapters, all the pages are "zoomed" so I have to hit Z for every page if I want to see the original size.  Which is usually too much trouble.  And either way, when the image initially loads, the resolution is good.  Then it gets grainy for a second before it gets clean again.  If I could bypass the autozoom entirely, that would be niceeee  :)

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Sounds like a good idea, would be good since most pages are very little in either height or width and difficult to read and such.

Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

So basically you can't set whether zoom is on or off?  Would be nice to change, then.  For some chapters, all the pages are "zoomed" so I have to hit Z for every page if I want to see the original size.  Which is usually too much trouble.  And either way, when the image initially loads, the resolution is good.  Then it gets grainy for a second before it gets clean again.  If I could bypass the autozoom entirely, that would be niceeee  :)

I doubt that would be implemented though, since you have to be able to see the ads on the page, which would be covered up by (or cover up) the image.

Also, the "And either way, when the image initially loads, the resolution is good.  Then it gets grainy for a second before it gets clean again." part is your browser's handling of a re-sized image, not Batoto :)

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts
Doesn't it scale it to fit vertically, too? I don't remember ever having to scroll on my 16:10 monitor. And I'm almost certain I've gotten the "press Z to zoom" message when using my browser on that monitor.

-God Ginrai

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Doesn't it scale it to fit vertically, too? I don't remember ever having to scroll on my 16:10 monitor. And I'm almost certain I've gotten the "press Z to zoom" message when using my browser on that monitor.

-God Ginrai

As far as I am aware, it scales down (maintaining aspect ratio) only until the width fits. The height doesn't really matter in this case, so scaling to height wouldn't make sense.

A lot of scanlators re-size the final images to 1100px or 1200px height if they require a lot of cleaning for the best quality, so the images may  just be the right size for your monitor.