Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Skilled fighters under Janus

manhwa captains

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

In the latest chapter #84 of Vol: 2 we learn that Janus has some powerful Captains or maybe Generals is closer to their ranks  serving under him. I was wondering if maybe we have seen them all through out the series and who they might be? If you have an idea whom some of them may be please post your ideas with their names and where they showed up even the chapter #s if you can remember that well. I would like to build a compilation of them because it sounds likely that we will be seeing them again soon.

In chapter 84 it says "Under Janus, there exists terrifyingly skilled fighters that can be counted on one hand." so i'll name five if you can find some that seem more likely to be his captians post your ideas please.

#1 Edan or Ethan as he was called in the first chapters he was the first bad guy that seemed close to Edermask's level that we seen.

#2 Huan we didn't see him except for the big eye that Edan called forth for some time but the fact that Edan and Marie were reporting to him lead me to belive he was high up from the start.

#3 Janus's shadow fake Edermask

#3 Marie the dark elf she may have been wanting in power compaired to Edermask but her traking abilities were top notch and she was level headed compaired to most evil villains. Wherever Edermask went she followed, if not for Edan's betrayal things may have come to a close in-between Janus and Edermask a lot sooner.

#4 Rang "on par with the Edermask from Sebrino" I can only guess at what his abilities might be but since he was flexing for his sister he is probably a melee fighter.

and last but not least

#5 Fenelia I would like to think she is another fire mage like Edan but only time will tell.

Spoiler

Edited by moyra, 02 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Moyra Wendy Angela Darling

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, I think your #1 is the most likely to be a returning character. The last I remember of Edan was his being in Janus's control and in chains............I think it's highly likely he's indeed in his service and counted among those "powerful captains".

As far as Huan goes, well, we know he's still around from chapter 81 where the informant was reporting to him.........though I seriously wonder if he could be included in the number of "powerful". Certainly I have doubt that he could be a viable option in the field after the injury dealt to him by Time. I mean, I know there's magic and all, but losing an arm isn't your run-of-the-mill type injury when considering  combat capability.

After that, as far as existing characters, I'd personally go back to the handful that were pursing the group when Matthew was initially unsealed. Though it's really unknown if any of them even survived. 

One thing you can say about this manhwa is that the author has been more than willing to introduce characters..........if you stop and think about it, there's been many, many characters that have come and gone in this story. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that continues and that a lot of the "powerful" that were referred to in the most recent chapter are new introductions. 

Edited by svines85, 02 April 2013 - 02:54 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

cas1

cas1

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts

Can be 1 the guy who fighted Time? I don't remember the name, but not Huan.

And Huan for sure is 1 of this 5, he killed Time who was a super beast.

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

Can be 1 the guy who fighted Time? I don't remember the name, but not Huan.

And Huan for sure is 1 of this 5, he killed Time who was a super beast.

ya nice find i forgot about him his name was Tamahun >_<

Spoiler

Edited by moyra, 02 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Spoiler

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

Huan is probably still at least on par (if not significantly stronger) with Edan, if we consider the fact that Edan compared the (somewhat not in top shape ... his battle with Edan helped him to regain some skill, didn´t it) Edermask (or rather ... the impression he gave off) he faced to Huan (or rather ... the usual impression he got from Huan back then). His case is special so it´s unlikely that losing an arm might truly be an hindrance to his skill.

Don´t exactly know what happened to Edan but it might be possible that he´s going to support the son of his death friend (the king) after all (and is therefore of possible use for Janus) and has been released out of prison since quite a while. Tough even if that´s the case ... he still seems likely to be outmatched by the likes of Huan and his magic got flat out stopped by the high level flame protection cape Edermask was using ... but ... let´s wait and see.

The red haired woman is indicated to be terror incuding strong (and, since she´s immortal, she could´ve been increasing her skill since several hundred years). She might even be that feared that could read runes from several hundred years ago. She apperantly got a somewhat similar attitude (albeit seemingly more power drunk and cold-hearthed) and apperance as Iremi ... so let´s wait and see.

Her old fellow seems like a trusted and quite skilled person, too, so ...

Guess Shadow was one of Janus most powerful underlings ...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, I suppose our questions about Edan have been answered with the new chapter.

Tn7HA0h.png

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

Janus seems to hold Edan in high esteem, even going so far as to model the reinforced soldiers after him, and holding him prisoner for eight years rather than execute him. Plus it looks like he has him under his thumb now whether it was a threat or some sort of magical compulsion Edan will most likely be doing his biding once again. 

If I were to list five I would go with Edan, Fenelia, and Huan then the other two I hope will be new characters. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see some old characters return like that Druid guy and his niece whom was about Iremi's age but I just don't want them to be among Janus's upper management.          

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

You right this old magici

As far as existing characters, I'd personally go back to the handful that were pursing the group when Matthew was initially unsealed. Though it's really unknown if any of them even survived. 

an guy had enough people following his orders he should be considered

Spoiler

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

yeah, definitely agreed. and not just him but possibly any of the other characters he was leading as well.......given the time-skip they might well have advanced to the point of being in consideration too. The golem girl comes to mind. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

The old guy as well as his daughter(?) were nothing special ... completly outclassed by Edermask ... one might even argue that the likes of Iremi (Iremis nature magic was way beyond what they were able to do in terms of raw skill and power ...they´ve been incredible shocked several times by Iremis display) vastly outclassed them, too ... they might have been comparable Enzu (at least while he got the Edermask empowered sword), but the only real advantage they (as well as some of their fellow comerades) got over the children was experience since both, relatively speaking, had significantly more than them. 

Edited by Akasha, 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

true, but again, that was before the time skip..........now certainly Enzu or Matthew either one might be considered on the same level as those "powerful captains" of Janus. So I certainly wouldn't discount those past characters who were chasing them. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

Seems (and right now, Enzu and Matthew likely are so much more powerful than those atagonist guys where back than and Iremi outclasses the thems of their olld atagonistic days so much  that it´s not even funny, too) unlikely because it seems more likely (if one compares that bit of skill they reached at  their adult age ... the "golem" girl who should´ve been around Iremis current age or maybe a bit older and her only selling point - the use of golems which apperantly get onehited or even group killed by everyone who was even remotely worth his salt - cannot in any way compare to the current Iremi even while she´s not serious  ... and that old guy who likely got decades of training and experience ... who was unable to properly deal with a young Iremi´s skill and power ... it seems quite telling) they cannot catch up ... but well ... who knows. Let´s wait and see about those.

So it´s possibly Huan, Shadow, red haried immortal woman (who might or might not be a similar case as Iremi, who would ever know?), old fighter fellow who´s around as powerfuk as Shadow, ... that are four. If one adds Edan to the mix, too, it´s five ... as many as one (usually) can count at one hand. And it´s quite reasonable to assume that overwhelming power (at the level of the likes of Shadow) isn´t something that is commonly seen. And it´s fine to assume that Huan, Shadow, Edan and the like aren´t just "dump muscle" but reasonably smart and tactical as well so that they qualify as excellent leaders, too  ...

Edited by Akasha, 08 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

:huh: I'm with svines85 on this even Edermask acknowledged that blond melee fighters abilities and I think golem earth bender girl was at an age with Iremi and Enzu back then so she could have improved a lot by now and its unfair to compare any magician to Iremi she is an over powered freak of nature.  :o   

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

:huh: I'm with svines85 on this even Edermask acknowledged that blond melee fighters abilities and I think golem earth bender girl was at an age with Iremi and Enzu back then so she could have improved a lot by now and its unfair to compare any magician to Iremi she is an over powered freak of nature.  :o   

If it´s about Janus top dogs, you´re bound to compare "regular" (like, say, those that aren´t broken) characters to (compared to them) broken ones because .. well .. do you expect Janus his "few hand selected top dogs" to be not broken (compared to everyone else who´s not in in the "monstrous powerful broken character club")? That´s not how these things work out. That there are broken characters around hasn´t anything to do with fairness.

We already know that there are quite a few remarkable skilled individuals out there but while they´re overwhelming powerful compared to the regular expectionally well trained soldier, it´s not like they make the cut to be able to even have an remotely even match against the likes of them.

To state otherwise is like pointing out that that soldier duo (the one with the chain magic and the other with whatever else she got) ... or the guys that came to rescue a certain dark skinned elf woman so that she could esacpe ... where "around as strong as Edermask". They apperantly aren´t but they´re skilled enough to actually engage them in battle and to manage to actually take some time to be defeated by those "broken guys" which is quite praisworthy by itself.

€:

Ah .. that reminds me .. seems like I remembered it wrong with that golem girl being significantly older than Iremi. Thanks for correcting me.

About these quirky fellows who where busy trying to handle Edermask:

# (about their first encounter ... Note: It´s before Edermasks battle against Edan which made him much more dangerous than before)
http://vatoto.com/read/_/5248/magician_v1.09_ch41_by_easy-going-scans
http://vatoto.com/read/_/5731/magician_v1.09_ch42_by_easy-going-scans
http://vatoto.com/read/_/6162/magician_v1.09_ch43_by_easy-going-scans

http://vatoto.com/read/_/6384/magician_v1.09_ch44_by_easy-going-scans
#
# (about their second encounter ... Note: It´s after Edermasks battle against Edan ... so he´s much more dangerous now))
http://vatoto.com/read/_/104430/magician_v1.25_ch135_by_one-man-army-scans

#

About Marie and the two guys who were busy rescuing her at the cost of their own life (note how Marie ...):

http://vatoto.com/read/_/90053/magician_v1.19_ch100_by_easy-going-scans
http://vatoto.com/read/_/91117/magician_v1.19_ch101_by_easy-going-scans

... even if one takes into consideration that they likely got magic defensive gear, they´ve been
proven to be quite resilent. Impressive if one considers who their opponent actually is.

Edited by Akasha, 08 April 2013 - 11:15 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

well, if we're gonna talk "broken" then Iremi heads up the list..........she literally cowered in fear and abandoned her comrades to their fates in the last action she was in. Other than turning tail and running she couldn't have failed more miserably.

Nobody has kicked her out of the gang, so just because those henchmen of Janus didn't catch the crew way back then doesn't necessarily  indicate to me that  they'd be out of the picture militarily speaking.

My point was only that a lot can change over the years and some of Janus's past henchmen way well reappear,  more powerful now  than they were back when our MC's were kids. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

well, if we're gonna talk "broken" then Iremi heads up the list..........she literally cowered in fear and abandoned her comrades to their fates in the last action she was in. Other than turning tail and running she couldn't have failed more miserably.

Nobody has kicked her out of the gang, so just because those henchmen of Janus didn't catch the crew way back then doesn't necessarily  indicate to me that  they'd be out of the picture militarily speaking.

My point was only that a lot can change over the years and some of Janus's past henchmen way well reappear,  more powerful now  than they were back when our MC's were kids. 

I´m not talking about "being mentally broken" ... I´m talking about "being so overpowered that one is literally a broken Video Game Character" compared to everyone else ... even to those who could be considered quite good. To drive the point home: Like this. Or like ... this. Or, for an "Magician" example ... like this.

And my point is quite valid ... someone who may have been decent but didn´t exactly cut it (like that nature magic using Grandpa guy) ... might´ve obtained some extra skill ... maybe even (even if it´s not exactly all that likely but well ... there is a chance, after all) enough to become a top level character, powerful enough to actually fight against and survive versus truly broken characters ... but it´s incredibly unlikely that those guys suddenly turn into one of the few selected ones who are so inbelievable strong that there isn´t really much anyone expect others (like the few top dogs Janus got who one can count with a single hand) with at least similar powerlevel can do against them to be a truly serious threat.

And take Marie as example .. very skilled and decently powerful .. a trusted subordinate of the likes of Huan .. completly outclassed by the likes of Edan who is much more powerful and whose not combat related skills likely aren´t that much worse (or equal or even significantly better) than hers.

Edited by Akasha, 09 April 2013 - 12:38 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

ahh well, we'll see. other than the two new characters  we've already been shown,  and now most likely Edan, it's pretty much guess work at this point anyway. 

Tn7HA0h.png

crazy dog

crazy dog

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationUSA

the five are  Edan, fenelia, huan, rang, shadow.   those 5 fighters stand above the rest, they have monster level strength. 

I think Edan is the strongest among the 5.  he is clearly stronger than Huan,  he himself said so during his fight with edermask, he said that "edermask was fighting at huan's level" and if this is his best then he won't be useful to their rebellion against Janus.   Everyone seems to take Edan lightly,  but he did fight Edermask almost evenly (he got beaten but he did injure Edermask). 

I don't know about Fenelia, she still has to show her true ability.   but i think she is around Huan's level, because it is said that Janus values her the same as Huan.  (maybe that doesn't mean strength wise , but because of loyalty to him  but that is all the clues we have).   I also don't understand why people think Huan is stronger than Time, Time was fighting by himself and he got tired and slower at the end , as stated by Huan himself.   Time was almost as strong as Edan or stronger than him as Huan said. 

Either way those 5 are the strongest that serve Janus.  And no that elf is no where close to those 5, she was skilled at tracking and hiding her self, but that was it.  and that guy who served Huan, is just a subordinate to Huan himself.    But still those 5 are strong enough, and Edermask has to join the rest of the group to beat Janus.

also Fenelia is just a reinforced soldier with the immortality spell,  she isn't the same as iremi. (weired power meant here)     fenelia is rang's sister, and they were the leaders of reinforced soldiers who won the war a couple of years ago.   she is not that old like the shadow (300 years old).

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

also Fenelia is just a reinforced soldier with the immortality spell,  she isn't the same as iremi. (weired power meant here)     fenelia is rang's sister, and they were the leaders of reinforced soldiers who won the war a couple of years ago.   she is not that old like the shadow (300 years old).

Fenelia "just being a reinforced soldier" ... well .. there´s nothing much to back up that claim since, according to Janus comments, no one of the reinforced soldiers actually comes sufficiently close to Edan. Which doesn´t add up with the old fellow being "on par with" Shadow and the red haired woman being even more dangerous.

And as far as I can tell, it´s not exactly clear if they´re brother and sister or if they simply call each other that way because they know each other for at least thirty years or so.

Was there any statement about the Red haired womans current age? Didn´t notice if there has been any statement like that up until now.

And as far as I remember .. no, Edan didn´t exactly say that he´s stronger than Huan .. he simply said that Edermask appeared to be "around Huans level" .. which isn´t sufficient to take Janus down. So he´s at least confident enough to be able to confront and survive fighting against an opponent potentially stronger than Huan but that´s that.

Edited by Akasha, 19 April 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Baked Gnome

Baked Gnome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts

old art was awesome.