Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Page freeze

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast

I'm using Google chrome and every couple of pages the tab I'm using will freeze up and the only thing I can do is close it. Does the new update not work well with chrome?

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

Havent encountered such problem yet and i'm using chrome.

Spoiler

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts

That's weird...

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

I have also not encountered this problem.

Have you attempted to kill the tab and reload it instead? If that doesn't work, then ...

Spoiler

Edited by Thunder Wolf, 23 March 2013 - 06:40 AM.

2z50p6t.png

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts

Yeah I can kill the tab then bring it back up from the recently closed section, but then after a while it happens again and I have to repeat the process. But other than killing the tab I can't do anything on it no scrolling no nothing, oh and the little loading circle at doesn't stop either. After a few minutes of that I'll finally get redirected to one of the sites error messages but that doesn't really help any so I just kill the tab.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

I'm using chrome beta, dev and canary on three separate test machines and I cannot replicate the problem. Have you tried clearing everything? Try using CCleaner. 

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts

Which is?

snoop

snoop

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

This is happening to me too on chrome (beta) today and im assuming its an ad.

Fadamor

Fadamor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

It IS the ads. It's freaking annoying to have to kill pages every three or four pages because Batoto won't let you view the page until the busted-ass advertisements finish loading.  Because it's never the same ad page that's hanging up, it's obviously the sorry excuse for an ad provider that Batoto is using that's causing the problem.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Which is?

CCcleaner ( https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner )

Basically, it allows you to clean up old files and junk files on your computer, especially those inside your browser. It also is able to fix any registry errors, which is what I use it for (the registry is a very important part in Windows running correctly, so errors should be fixed...)

It's a nice tool for keeping your computer clean. Watch out though, it selects browser cookies to be cleaned by default so unless you want to log back into all your sites, uncheck that :)

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts

@Daktyl198, I'm not using that but I do have a program like it and I use it every other day so that shouldn't be the problem...

Aversa

Aversa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I have the same problem a page will freeze after a few pages.

I think it's related to cookies from ads and delete them each time the page freezes i also blocked several of these cookies and activated the block third party cookies option but this didn't have any effect on the problem.

Like the rest of the people in this topic i am using Google Chrome and i am running on Mac OS X 7.5 Lion

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
Try this:

I have Batoto on whitelist so it shows me ads. But I never allow flash items to autoplay (even on youtube), instead you need to click on them for it to play. Using this setup, I have never had any browser on any computer hang on be while on Batoto. Plus, it still shows me the majority of the ads which should help.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts

Where do I get it?

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts

Where do I get it?

CCcleaner ( https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner )

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil

Flash freezes are caused by PepperFlash plugin. Also PPFlash is buggy. Tested that thing myself.

So, what you have to do to get rid of freezes completely: Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings -> Plugins -> Click to play => Done

If you're satisfied with Flash working this way - use it.

Other way that should do the trick is to get rid of PPFlash plugin: chrome://plugins/ open Details find Adobe Flash Player and look into Location it should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\25.0.1364.172\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Now go to where this version of Chrome is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\25.0.1364.172\) and rename the PPFlash folder (i.e. PepperFlash -> PepperFlash.disabled) and then restart Chrome.

Drawbacks are: on every update you have to re-rename PepperFlash folder, you need some other Flash plugin installed (I use Adobe original plugin).

The last way around is to use Chromium (not Chrome) since it has no Flash plugin included. The thing is I'd recommend going for Stable/Beta version but you either have to build it on your own or find a trusted site that will provide builds.

Edited by Genda1ph, 25 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Aversa

Aversa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Flash freezes are caused by PepperFlash plugin. Also PPFlash is buggy. Tested that thing myself.

So, what you have to do to get rid of freezes completely: Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings -> Plugins -> Click to play => Done

Other way that should do the trick is to get rid of PPFlash plugin: chrome://plugins/ open Details find Adobe Flash Player and look into Location it should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\25.0.1364.172\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Now go to where this version of Chrome is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\25.0.1364.172\) and rename the PPFlash folder (i.e. PepperFlash -> PepperFlash.disabled) and then restart Chrome.

Drawbacks are: on every update you have to re-rename PepperFlash folder, you need some other Flash plugin installed (I use Adobe original plugin).

The last way around is to use Chromium (not Chrome) since it has no Flash plugin included. The thing is I'd recommend going for Stable/Beta version but you either have to build it on your own or find a trusted site that will provide builds.

I set my plugins to click to play but the problem wasn't solved i still get page freezes.

It did increase the reaction time of the website tho it's been reacting slow since the appearance of the website was changed a few days ago that's also when the page freezes started.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil

dunno...

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference

Have the same problem.

Didn't help either.

Edit: I installed an adblocker. Fixed the problem it seems.

Edited by S.C., 26 March 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

It IS the ads. It's freaking annoying to have to kill pages every three or four pages because Batoto won't let you view the page until the busted-ass advertisements finish loading.  Because it's never the same ad page that's hanging up, it's obviously the sorry excuse for an ad provider that Batoto is using that's causing the problem.

That's the most likely issue.

Grumpy is reviewing ad networks at the moment. Some are causing problems again.... (That's why the add placements changed recently.)  

I do hope he finds a solution for it soon.