Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Artwork Improvisation Suggestions

art comic f-anos advice

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ujrkingdom

ujrkingdom

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Universe
Okay, so I've been getting complaints on the artwork, and I realize that there are problems here and there with it. If anyone comes across this, please list some of the problems that you see and i will do my best to correct it/them in later issues and possibly even redo the previous pages with those problems. Thank you.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I think the artwork is generally fine, it looks better then like 80-90% of the manga artwork I have seen (which granted is a pretty low bar to go by) 

It seems like your hand isn't quite as steady as one might hope for drawing some of this stuff, where it seems evident you had to double back and correct. I am not faulting you for it though, much better and straighter then most could do I bet.  In short, your artwork seems fine.

Edited by truepurple, 19 April 2013 - 10:06 AM.

ujrkingdom

ujrkingdom

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts

Thanks for the review :)

Obsidian-Blue

Obsidian-Blue

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Sharpen your lines. Work on your structural anatomy a bit, especially around the pelvis, the chest and laterals (I would suggest either a classical anatomy for artists book, or one for comic book artists.) You do some poses well, but you have to become more consistent. You have to get a much better feel for how the body moves and bends, as well as some of your proportions. Your shading is decent and your action drawing/emphasis on motion is very good.  Also, the storyline seems interesting.

Edited by Obsidian-Blue, 20 April 2013 - 01:38 AM.

ujrkingdom

ujrkingdom

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts

Sharpen your lines. Work on your structural anatomy a bit, especially around the pelvis, the chest and laterals (I would suggest either a classical anatomy for artists book, or one for comic book artists.) You do some poses well, but you have to become more consistent. You have to get a much better feel for how the body moves and bends, as well as some of your proportions. Your shading is decent and your action drawing/emphasis on motion is very good.  Also, the storyline seems interesting.

Thank you, it should improve in fall since im going to RISD (Rhode Island School of Design), they're gonna make me work to death, arting until i got no life force left in me xD

Obsidian-Blue

Obsidian-Blue

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Awesome! :D I was planning to go to SSAD, but life got in the way :(

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I thought it all seemed good, art and story........besides, authors and artists get better from working, I'm sure yours will too. Looking forward to more :)

Tn7HA0h.png

ujrkingdom

ujrkingdom

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts

Thanks, that's what i'm thinking as well, the only thing i'm worried about at this point is whether i'll end up dumping this project by the end of the first chapter since that's what i've done with a bunch of other works of mine in the past, due to sheer loss of determination or lack of time :wacko:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Haha!! True, there's only so much time in a day............slow and steady isn't a bad way to do things either though. That  helps avoid burn-out too. :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Hehe

Hehe

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 5 posts
It's improved since the last chapter great job looking forward to more