Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Just wanted to hear some opinions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Stoline

Stoline

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi guys, I just started reading Medaka Box and it's a really good manga at first (romantic,comedy, with extraordinary abilities in characters). However as I read more, the story changed into an action with somehow indescribable story (enforcer, class 13, and whatever).

So i just want to know what kind of storyline does Medaka Box have, cause I think I'd prefer to read some romance,comedy with actions in early chapters. Is this series worth reading (considering what I'd prefer)?

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
Think Negima (the manga)

That's what Medaka Box turns in to later on.

School Life -> Fantasy Action

21j9mie.jpg

Stoline

Stoline

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hmm.. I guess I'll try to read a bit more than to understand. Thx

Daru

Daru

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
It gets pretty battle-mangaish at one time but then it focuses on other elements like games instead of martial battles, romance, comedy. I would say, you should give it a chance and even try to read through some parts, that may not suit your tastes that perfectly because for me, this manga always managed to give me some very nice and epic moments which other manga failed to deliver especially in the romance and comedy-departement. The only thing you should keep in mind is, that you shouldn't start to have expectations for further plot-developement as most of the time it will go in a completely different direction even though, in retrospective even those are kinda cliched. It's a nice mix of genres for people that manage to keep an open mind but still appreciate some of the typical shounen-manga-qualities and...
Spoiler

Edited by Daru, 13 March 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.
basically what Daru said. this series is pretty troll in a sense of you won't know what happens next. no description can really do it justice, it's either something for really sophisticated readers...or complete retards. anyway either you like it or you hate it but it definitly deserves a chance.