Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is Sakurai Tomoki an angeloid in a dive game?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World
Just trying to speculate here, but:
  • Why did Synapse stop right over his hometown?
  • What is the connection between him and the "dive game"?
  • Why are the angeloids so afraid that he'll find out what is reality - and what isn't? Something similar happened in another manga - not plot wise obviously - if you've read both manga, it may make more sense to you.
  • What if the "dreams" he has about that angeloid manufacturing woman is something like conversations from the past? Or to his present self - in the dive game? And what's her connection with him? Why even him? Did she meet him in a dream?
  • Does he really "exist"?
  • He doesn't know what is love, either. He's unable to explain it. And, he's invincible to all kinds of punishment even Pokémon would protest at.
  • And.. what would happen if a human tried to use the dive game from Synapse?

Woodensword

Woodensword

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet Nowhere
Well, I've also thought of the possibility. but it certainly is intriguing, why is the master of synapse unable to dream? Why is Tomoki able to resist the effects of the memory erasure caused by the "deletion of a dream", and why was Ikaros sent to (landed directly in front of) Tomoki in the first place. Anyway, it is sort of strange that Tomoki's dreams are linked to synapse. It is a proven fact the Tomoki is "real"

- I cannot explain why synapse stopped right on top of the town.
- there is no clear connection between him and the dive game besides the fact that he can resist the effects of deletion
-The uncertainty is enough to corrode anyone's mind. Have you watched the movie inception? Perhaps it is because they are afraid that Tomoki will start doubting reality.
-that is a intriguing point. this is what the whole manga swings on. I think he is a "Special" Dower. you've seen how he can take excessive abuse.
-Everything is happening in the present, when Daedalus was attacked, she simultaneously contacted Tomoki.
-That depends on your point of view on existence. There are no NPC programs running in the dive game. that means that all the people in the world no matter whether participating in the "Dive game" have a biological body. This point is proven in Chapter 40 page 38, when Kazane Hiyori said that she lost her biological body, meaning that the players are existent and only chose to live the dream that they can exist as downers. So even if Tomoki was participating in the "dive game" he exists as a Angel Player and not a downer which is a plus in my point of veiw.
- Can you explain love? Love is a emotion, it is hard to explain an emotion, one has to experience it to know what an emotion is so it is hard to explain the emotion of love and affection to Chaos that has never experienced theese emotions/feelings.
- That is not tested as Sugata was not given enough time in Synapse

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World
I have indeed watched Inception. Part of the confusion exists because I'm - perhaps - over-analyzing Sora no Otoshimono after watching Inception.

Speaking of Inception, another interesting point you brought up is how, or why Tomoki could resist memory deletion.

It's not just a one time-thing - there was also a chapter where Nymph (Beta) locks away all memories of him and his ability to swim (when they were in the pool) and yet, he was able to swim - breaking past the hacking, or something. I'd say this proves that Tomoki can resist Synapse/angeloid hacking. What do you say?

Also.. is Tomoki real? I mean, is there a chapter that confirms it? Because lineage might not necessarily confirm reality; since the other angeloid girl (that confessed to Tomoki) in a self narration, claimed that she had parents and siblings. (Although we didn't see them) So Tomoki having a lineage isn't necessarily convincing...

Er, as for love - I was kind of joking about that, since his definition of love stretches to panty-robots and bra-nyas.

Edited by Shadowed Fate, 10 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.