Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you guys droped this manga?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TheKgbSmoker

TheKgbSmoker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
just wondering

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA
Nope. If we were to drop any manga (which we have before) this would CERTAINLY not be it.
I explained kind of in a comment but I guess I can do better here.

It went down something like this (I don't have perfect recall, of course):
Up until chapter 9 we had a dedicated translator for the series, puri-kura. She was quick enough (about a chapter a week on top of her other usual series) and proofreading her work wasn't hard so things went by pretty smoothly. There were a few bumps in relation to who was going to typeset/quality check the series after Dordz went on his break but luckily Cresent stepped in to take over that role quite nicely.

Fast forward a bit and all of a sudden, the translator says she can't do it anymore. I forgot the exact reasons but I think it was something to do with school. Either way, we were down a translator on one of our most popular series. Thus the first several month wait began. Eventually our co-founder Krachek got fed up and decided to translate a series just to show it was still active. Chapter 10 was finished in barely over a week and I was happy to have it out, but I couldn't keep krachek on it as he translates SSS and Iketeru Police for us and a couple series for Japanzai on top of being in his last year at college. I'm not sure if we broadcasted enough that we needed a translator for the series, but we asked around our group of friends in the scanlation world.

I finally did the last thing I really wanted to do: I asked a translator from Phoenix Serenade Scans, a shoujo-focused group that Orinjido help to get off the ground, me specifically making them a website and keeping it up to date. I didn't want to ask them because as it was it seemed that they were going as slow, if not slower, than Orinjido in making releases so taking a translators time could affect them pretty badly. In the end I chose one that had come into the Orinjido channel before and who Krachek personally approved of and she agreed to translate Comic Studio for us!! She had two chapters ready by the end of the week and another the week after. On an unrelated note, she also agreed to translating Kanojotachi no Saishuu Teiri for us, and we have scripts up to the latest chapter (4).

So now we have the scripts. I proofread chapter 11 as soon as I got it, but I found that chapter 12 was translated a bit to literal for me, so I had somebody "TLC" it. Now we get to the real reason behind the current delay: typesetting. Sometime between when chapter 10 was released and now, Cresent left us and Dordz recently retired leaving nobody left to typeset it. Just ask another typesetter in the group, right? Well for some unknown reason all but one typesetter went MIA, and the one that was left was busy with work for other groups. As we were waiting on a typesetter for chapter 11, chapter 12 was TLCed and proofread. Then one day, one of our typesetters put a note in our dropbox that he was going to typeset chapter 11. YAY FOR US!! Right after that, somebody who provided uncorrupted raws for the series stepped forward and offered to clean and typeset the series. Another victory!! Chapter 12 was cleaned and typeset quickly and is currently in the final stages of quality checking.

But what about chapter 11?
As it turns out, the typesetter who told us he was going to do it ended up having some real-life issues that prevented him from doing it, so he contacted us at least a week after he told us that he was going to do it to tell us that now he couldn't. At this point, another person had actually applied to the group to typeset for us (mainly to work on Comic Studio). He passed his test and we gave him chapter 11 to work on. That was... 5? days ago as of this post.

As soon as chapter 11 gets typeset and quality-checked, it will be released along with chapter 12 as a double released. God help our servers.

P.S. That took longer to write than I had anticipated >.<

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

krachek

krachek

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 2 posts
^What he said.

CatPause

CatPause

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
First off thanks for having this series and continuing it with all the problems you had.

With that out of the way, what's TLC mean? Tender Loving Care? TransLate Carefully?

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA
TLC = TransLation Check
It means another translator went over the script and changed it as needed.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Nogood

Nogood

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

So, anything wrong with someone other than Orijindo releasing chapters? I don't see how...

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

There's nothing wrong with that at all...?

If you're talking about chapter 12 and 13 from /a/ (aka "No Group") I told the guy to leave them up but he took them down anyway :/

BigBrutalisk

BigBrutalisk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

This series still going?

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA
Well, the series itself has ended in Volume 4, but yes we are still scanlating it. Lack of staff issues are causing it to be slow.

rickblah

rickblah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Locationin the study; with a wrench
Love you guys for working on it, and especially for not letting the quality suffer. Keep being all sorts of awesome.
"...and i say to you: bee-bee-bebop cola."
"What? Are you making a freaking necklace!?"