Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

A great seinen manga recommendation & an offer to any interested group (translator wanted)

action adventure seinen drama

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland

I'm making this thread in order to recommend a manga called "Master of Sea" to everybody. It's a fantastic seinen manga that has a completely unique and original premise and storyline which doesn't get nearly enough love due to the unique and unusual plot putting people off before they try it, I'd even argue it is one of the greatest seinen manga there is (top 10 especially if you like manliness) largely in part to its originality. Anybody who likes manliness will have satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Manga Updates page:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7492

Batoto page
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/wa-ga...wa-umishi-r1777

Personal notes:
If you like seinen manga at all it's an incredible read that I promise you won't regret reading and it's unique to boot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the offer I mentioned in the title.
Unfortunately, the guy / group who was working on it and other mangas has quit the business, leaving the series in a limbo of 11 1/2 out of 15 volumes translated (It's a completed series). As such, I've cleaned a sizable chunk of what is left (up to volume 13) but the group I was a part of was forced to shut its doors due to lack of translators before any translating could take place.

So, I'm making an offer here;
Any group who likes the look of this manga can have RAWs for the entire series, a large stack of cleaned chapters that I've prepared to get them going, and possibly two staff members too (a cleaner & a typesetter) to help out with it.

Here are all of the RAWs for the entire series if you wish to take a look:
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 01.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 02.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 03.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 04.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 05.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 06.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 07.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 08.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 09.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 10.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 11.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 12.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 13.rar
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 14.zip
[RAW] Waga Na wa Umishi 15.zip

If you're part of an interested group that has a translator who would want to work on this series, then please send me a PM and let me know, I'll give you download links for the rest of the cleaned chapters there and then.

Edited by Amplify, 16 February 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland
Still looking for a good group for this project to call home :)

Posted Image

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland
Any groups around looking for projects to translate?

Anybody know any groups that might be interested in it? I could send them an Email about it.

Ale

Ale

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Last month i started to read Tokkyuu!! but then i found that the group working on it dropped it at volume 2 out of 20 so i decided to search another work of the mangaka and i came across Wa ga Na wa Umishi but before to start reading it i saw that, like you said, "Manga By Request" decided to stop scanlating. I hope you find a translator, i really want to start reading this manga.

Edited by Ale, 20 March 2013 - 05:59 AM.

qq6d1h.jpg

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland

Last month i started to read Tokkyuu!! but then i found that the group working on it dropped it at volume 2 out of 20 so i decided to search another work of the mangaka and i came across Wa ga Na wa Umishi but before to start reading it i saw that, like you said, "Manga By Request" decided to stop scanlating. I hope you find a translator, i really want to start reading this manga.

I highly recommend just reading what there is of it anyway, over 2/3rds of the series is already translated which is more than enough to tide you over.

I've a few interested parties at the moment for a translator but I'm still looking for something definite, plus in the meantime more people finding the series and getting to enjoy it is never a bad thing :)

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland

Interesting update time:

The guy who used to do Wa ga Na wa Umishi previously has just popped along and given me his old translation for c106 and c107.

Those 2 chapters could do with a little redrawing and the script could do with some tlc or at least a vigorous proofread since it's more of a rough draft than a script, but we may be able to get a release of c106 and c107 going soon :)

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland

professor.png

Good news everyone!

A group has contacted me in regards picking up the project as they're on the lookout for new ones currently and they seem to want to do it, so Wa ga Na wa Umishi may very soon(?) start getting updates again.

However, they could use the extra staff so as to help with the speed of the project, so please keep on PMing me if you're interested in working on the series.

Translator is the most desirable, but other positions are very good too. If you want to be a cleaner or typesetter even if you have no experience but you do have the desire to learn, then I can teach you how to be one given the time and give you any tools you'd need. Just PM me.

Edited by Amplify, 30 March 2013 - 07:00 PM.