Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Arguments go here.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TetsuDan

TetsuDan

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Testing...

Edited by TetsuDan, 18 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
...And in the end, there were no arguments.

Arguing about the ethics of traps is pointless. As that guy (whatever his name is) said, "It doesn't matter as long as he's cute."

Truth be told, I enjoy this manga. But not because I'm fond of traps. It's just a nice, twisted, comedic "romantic" situation. And that much should appeal to everyone.

So please, no arguments.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky
My kind of thread... let's argue...
Who is the best Teacher Character of all Manga there is (Mahwa, Manhua, whatever you call it)

my only reference is Kagami from Denpa Kyoshi and of course the well known Onizuka from GTO
My Call is Kagami.. because he can create a dokodemo door... well theoretically...

Let's argue :batoto_028:

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

TetsuDan

TetsuDan

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts

...And in the end, there were no arguments.

Arguing about the ethics of traps is pointless. As that guy (whatever his name is) said, "It doesn't matter as long as he's cute."

Truth be told, I enjoy this manga. But not because I'm fond of traps. It's just a nice, twisted, comedic "romantic" situation. And that much should appeal to everyone.

So please, no arguments.

It doesn't matter to you as long as they're cute, but assuming everybody else shares the same philosophy/standards (or that they should) is plain ignorance. You cannot have any preference of your own, for anything, and deny someone else theirs at the same time without being a hypocrite. I wouldn't think of telling someone their preference doesn't matter. I have preferences of my own. Mine are no more right or wrong than anybody else's. Nobody is special in that regard and nobody is superior.

If it's merely your opinion that anything is fine, dependent on cuteness, that's perfectly okay. So long as you recognize it's your personal opinion. It applies to you and any who share that opinion... but nobody else. I sincerely hope everyone understands that. This is not a fight for dominance.

Disclaimer: I'm more logically inclined than socially, so I come off as quite abrasive. So much so that I "pin labels" where I find it accurate to do so, regardless of however socially acceptable (or "mean") the "label" may be.Though, in this instance, I am not necessarily accusing anyone of being ignorant or a hypocrite, as a person, but that each individual instance of the claims mentioned earn their respective "labels" for the durations of the claims. I place words like "labels" and "mean" in quotation marks because that is how what I consider to be merely honest logic is socially recognized... even if what is socially recognized is a devalued, dismissible form of the whole truth to suit an individual's ignorance.

Tl;Dr: What's true for you isn't necessarily true for everyone.

My kind of thread... let's argue... Who is the best Teacher Character of all Manga there is (Mahwa, Manhua, whatever you call it) my only reference is Kagami from Denpa Kyoshi and of course the well known Onizuka from GTO My Call is Kagami.. because he can create a dokodemo door... well theoretically... Let's argue :batoto_028:

Onizuka would certainly be the most entertaining but certanily not the best. A teacher's job is to teach. He spends more of his time committing criminal acts and behaving overall obnoxiously than he does any actual teaching. I would've loved him as a teacher when I was a teenager, because I was a bit of a delinquent myself, but as an adult... I've come to recognize the value of education versus the allure of fun. Both valuable but one opens more doors for the other. Onizuka would make a better counselor than teacher.

I can't really think of a best, though. What's his name from Hammer Session comes to mind, but still lacking in the actual teaching department.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

Onizuka would certainly be the most entertaining but certanily not the best. A teacher's job is to teach. He spends more of his time committing criminal acts and behaving overall obnoxiously than he does any actual teaching. I would've loved him as a teacher when I was a teenager, because I was a bit of a delinquent myself, but as an adult... I've come to recognize the value of education versus the allure of fun. Both valuable but one opens more doors for the other. Onizuka would make a better counselor than teacher.

I can't really think of a best, though. What's his name from Hammer Session comes to mind, but still lacking in the actual teaching department.

Yeah that one was actually a con man.
I actually find Mato katori in Amanchu! as an exemplary teacher.

wonder if there are any normal kind of teacher in any manga

Time Of Peace

TetsuDan

TetsuDan

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Conman vs criminal. I haven't read Amanchu!, yet. I may do that soon.

I don't imagine any main teacher characters to be normal, since it's eccentricity that draws a reader's attention. When it comes to entertainment, plain is boring.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

Conman vs criminal. I haven't read Amanchu!, yet. I may do that soon.

I don't imagine any main teacher characters to be normal, since it's eccentricity that draws a reader's attention. When it comes to entertainment, plain is boring.

you've got a point there.... especially if the teacher is the protagonist.....
what the point of being normal about it.... Posted Image

Time Of Peace