Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Why So Typical?

Plot characters PlotPlot characters characters

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
I like this manga, just putting that out there. Don't think otherwise please.

I'm getting annoyed at these repeating characters. The naïve crush, the shy lover boy (or in this case, woman), the jealous friends, etc. I like the overwork mangaka mother a lot however. But really, in my opinion the plot isn't exactly an original one and the characters are so typical you can point them out. Nonetheless, it still really good.
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Yuusha OtakUub

Yuusha OtakUub

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Well with the latest chapter we got kind of a curve ball that's really made things interesting for the next chapter.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, if a person sets their mind to it, it's pretty easy to see all sorts of similarities from story to story.........it's not really anyone's fault I don't think, it just goes to show that there are really a finite amount of stories and characters out there to write about. At some level every story resembles the next one down the line. 

I try to take them all on their own merits and not compare one to another. This one's funny and entertaining, well worth reading as far as I'm concerned.

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

Of course there are going to be similarities to other stories. Probably a lot of chief editors recommend following a successful formula. But what we just saw, getting to know your first/platonic love is pregnant is not that typical. In real life, that would be like a really shocking moment at that age.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long

Well, if a person sets their mind to it, it's pretty easy to see all sorts of similarities from story to story.........it's not really anyone's fault I don't think, it just goes to show that there are really a finite amount of stories and characters out there to write about. At some level every story resembles the next one down the line. 

I try to take them all on their own merits and not compare one to another. This one's funny and entertaining, well worth reading as far as I'm concerned.

Of course there are going to be similarities to other stories. Probably a lot of chief editors recommend following a successful formula. But what we just saw, getting to know your first/platonic love is pregnant is not that typical. In real life, that would be like a really shocking moment at that age.

Yeah I agree, the most recent chapter really is twist
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well that was a cute chapter..........i guess this has been going on long enough I'd forgotten those two knew each other that well. The highschool flashback of them together was an eye-opener...........poor Narumi has always been a ditzy air-head :D

Tn7HA0h.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
I still say some characters and scenarios are so cliché you can find them while being blindfolded........with someone reading the manga to you

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I still say some characters and scenarios are so cliché you can find them while being blindfolded........with someone reading the manga to you

some of the scenarios and characters? oh god, yes, no doubt about it, you're absolutely right as far as I'm concerned too...........especially putting it that way. Some of the characters and situations, yeah, we've seen 'em many, many times. Now as far as the overall story? Well, not nearly as bad as that I don't think.............so far it still has some somewhat "original" ideas and directions....though I do have to say some of that might be turning into a "directionless" kind of thing for me at least. The jury is still kinda out on it as far as I'm concerned I suppose.

Tn7HA0h.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
This ex coworker is either the "ill chase the main heroine till reality beats me up" character or something I haven't registered yet

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

This ex coworker is either the "ill chase the main heroine till reality beats me up" character or something I haven't registered yet

I stand by this statement

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

I stand by this statement

I still stand by this statement. Also, the loli who has a crush on our MC is also following a formula...and that moment with the class rep is something I've seen somewhere else too

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg