Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Why do we love this series?

Samurai Usagi fan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Story Lover

Story Lover

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I love this story so much but I don't know why! Actually I know but can't put it in words and that's why I'm asking the fellow followers of this manga to tell why they like Samurai Usagi.
Thank you NOC... thank you samurai usagi scanlation!

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, you know, normally I'm always full of words and opinions, but I find it kind of hard to define what I like about this one too. I guess, it's got your classic underdogs and I always like rooting for underdogs. And it's offbeat and creative enough to be fun, but it doesn't go overboard into random--it still keeps enough coherence that you can care what happens. There's something energetic about the art . . . and, well, I just kind of like the little guy and his wife and some of those other poor schmucks.

Story Lover

Story Lover

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Thanks for reply!

I've noticed that I'd be counted as too short in comparison with the characters of this manga after reading omak 43.5. I'm jealous!

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

This series utterly reminds me of Kenshin

Except far more realistic.

Damn_Skippy

Damn_Skippy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in NYC

It has heart, laughs and a lot of unexpected but touching moments. Doing this while maintaining it's air of the time period the Usagi team do a great job of making you feel for each of their characters.

The truth hurts but sometimes it's damn funny

josh25

josh25

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

I agree with everything said before but what makes it a favourite for me is the emphasis the Mangaka places on relationships, specifically on Shino and Gosuke but also on other male-female relationships like Setsu and his childhood friend, Chiyokichi and his "Sister", and all the others.  It's not romantic but still incredibly cute.  I literally gushed for a good minute when Shino asks Gosuke for a hug