Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Cancelled

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

eduard34

eduard34

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDevon, South Molton
For those of you who don't know Kurogane is cancelled and the last chapter is chapter 68 :( Sad day

SempiQ

SempiQ

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoland
but... why?? it was really awesome manga O.O

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Well, certainly here it's got a good following. Apparently not so much in it's original publication though. Can't really be any other answer but that, poor reader numbers.

Tn7HA0h.png

nununu

nununu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I heard author got in trouble due to irresponsible Twitter messages. At least that was what I was told so don't quote me on that.

SempiQ

SempiQ

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPoland
Dammit... why do I have so much of bad luck -.- First Infinite Stratos in Light Novel version got cancelled and now this?!... F@#$

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Cancelled or not I still enjoyed the newest chapter, it really is a good story.......a shame it's not going to get to run its full course.

Tn7HA0h.png

CorneliusA

CorneliusA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
I really hope the author get's the chance to come back to it. Maybe go for a more serious tone; it's the only way I can see it being revived. There are instances in which the original story of a manga is turned into a prologue for some awesomeness. It becomes quote "the peacefull days" that charachters look back on as some sort of motivation to fight for.

As for why it got cancelled in the first place, I think it had something to do with the fact that they never did anything with the ghost aspect, forgot about his super eyes, and the battles are far too short and "sportarized"

Findy Putra

Findy Putra

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
goddam it WHY a manga like this get cancelled while "other" shitty stuff still roaming around

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
Too bad :( Well, still 14 chapters to go, hope it will have a good ending at least :s

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Too bad :( Well, still 14 chapters to go, hope it will have a good ending at least :s

Just in case you don't know, chapters 62-68 (through completion) have already been scanlated and are available on S2S's online reader. All that's left to complete it is chapters 59, 60 and 61. 68 is actually the last chapter.

Edited by svines85, 08 March 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Just in case you don't know, chapters 62-68 (through completion) have already been scanlated and are available on S2S's online reader. All that's left to complete it is chapters 59, 60 and 61. 68 is actually the last chapter.

Oh... Then I have nothing to say, it's just sad, I liked the manga.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yup, me too. A shame, though I guess it could have been worse, at least the author got a chance to at least try to write it into a good point to end it. Sometimes when a publisher goes out of business or the author quits for whatever reason they end even worse.

Tn7HA0h.png

Amelie

Amelie

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 226 posts
  • LocationStarbucks Restroom

Kurogane is a good manga, but remember that it was in Weekly Shounen Jump, when you read all the other series that are being published with Kurogane then Kurogane pales beside them. It's definitely not the most original series and the characters aren't all that interesting.To be honest, I don't know if many people have the patience for mangas where you have to wait for a weak character to grow strong.

6b8.gif

imercenary

imercenary

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Kurogane is a good manga, but remember that it was in Weekly Shounen Jump, when you read all the other series that are being published with Kurogane then Kurogane pales beside them. It's definitely not the most original series and the characters aren't all that interesting.To be honest, I don't know if many people have the patience for mangas where you have to wait for a weak character to grow strong.

Its all about the journey, not the destination.

That said, in this case, the journey sucked. A lot of seemingly important aspects fell by the wayside early on (the ghost and eyes) and the flow of the story really didn't make sense on any level: The MC is supposed to have a body that can't keep up with his eyes, yet by chapter 18 hes so badass he can pull off a one-handed, neck-aimed, bending blade counter strike.

Palza_Rinen

Palza_Rinen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Aw. Now that I know, I'm also a bit sad. For me, "Kurogane" was one of the few manga out there worth reading. Though, what imercenary said is also true.

Now, I wonder if the final chapters fare good. Will it leave a bitter aftertaste?

ShiroOuji

ShiroOuji

Potato

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIn my House

what! I didn't know that 

another good one gone, huh :'(

tumblr_nj7oiijytN1racgo0o2_500.gif

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

what! I didn't know that 

another good one gone, huh :'(

yeah, it is a shame. For what ever reason the publisher told the author to wrap it up early........ oh well, I still really liked it. And I really didn't think it ended all that badly either, certainly not as badly as others have when faced with similar circumstances. 

And again, "for what ever reason" ............batoto quit updating this series, if anyone doesn't know, S2Scanlations completed it a while ago and the rest of it that isn't featured here can be read there..........

http://s2scanlations.com/online/reader/series/kurogane/

Tn7HA0h.png

raphael

raphael

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I agree with imercenary. I enjoyed the manga mainly because it's a kendo manga, and I miss the practice. The relationship Student x Master was messed up and it wouldnt develop to anything better... dont regret it's ending.

Biv

Biv

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

http://en.sakuhindb.com/emanga/7_Kurogane_28Haruto_20Ikezawa_20version_29/

Here is the rating of Kurogane in Japan.

That should explain why the publisher asked the author to end it early.

Here is a detailed explanation :

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=69367#comment94541

Sociopath Espher

Sociopath Espher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAbove the clouds

http://en.sakuhindb.com/emanga/7_Kurogane_28Haruto_20Ikezawa_20version_29/
Here is the rating of Kurogane in Japan.
That should explain why the publisher asked the author to end it early.

Here is a detailed explanation :
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=69367#comment94541

I love how you see ONE person opinion = detailed explanation
don't get me wrong , it's very detailed and understanable , but then again it's only one man opinion , also he's (like he said) a kendo practitioner .... he's basing the cons on how it's not what he's prefer it to be

And yes this manga is not very high ranking in japan ( but i personally think it's just because the mangaka submit it to the wrong publisher ( Shounen jump weekly readers probably like the Shounen-based action of Effort ,friendship and love( or something i forgot) , honestly this guy probably think he will hit jackpot or something if he submit it to Shounen Jump Weekly ( money of fame(?) )
Also , seem like his reckless comment on Twitter triggered a anti-fan base , and they probably get their friends to rate the manga badly anyway (i look at the ratings on that site ... there're like .... 20 people voted WORST ( 20 people isn't much ... you can get your friend to vote for you like that ))

Edited by Vent du Noir, 15 June 2013 - 10:56 PM.

The power of thy Incesity is beyond my Retribution.

The power of thy Incesity shall be our alternative salvation! XD

Rin "Kratos" Kokonoe

(From Mangafox's Forum)

Me gusta