Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
General Iris looks an awful lot like the guy Girge "killed" in ch.25-p.22.
The thing is, that guy was a soldier of Athens, and was called "Elas". Not sure if that's just another way of spelling "Iris" or if they're brothers that have similar names like Rygart and his brother do. Sometimes the names scanlators use differ from the official romaji, (if there is one) and things can get messy and sometimes confusing. In any case, I'll be referring to the guy who is supposed to be dead as "Elas" to avoid any confusion with General Iris, until they are confirmed to be the same person.

How can they not be the same person? Maybe Elas was separated from his twin brother so that one grew up in Athens while the other in Assam. This would explain why the princess and most of the soldiers seem very familiar with General Iris.
Also explains why the left side of his face doesn't look in any way like it was crushed inside a golem. The right side however, looks as though he got scratched trying to take the lasagna away from a really fat tabby.

On the other hand, if they are the same person, how can that be?
It all makes sense if you rely on several miracles to happen:
1, Elas actually survived his encounter with Girge.
2. They managed to flawlessly fix his face such that not even a scar remains to indicate otherwise.
3. He somehow went from soldier of Athens to General of Assam and got close to the princess.

Regarding that third one, Athens could have sent Elas as a spy, and seeing his current position, he must be a really, really, good spy. Being a really good spy could explain how he became a general and got close to the princess (who also has a twin?).
Or maybe.... it's not really the princess! DUN-DUN-DUUUUN. It could be Niko in disguise! They have similar faces and are about the same height and build. Elas and Niko could've infiltrated Assam and kidnapped the real princess. But somehow the princess managed to acquire a golem and escaped, thus running into Sigyn and Rygart.

EDIT: Forget the whole spy angle, I forgot a few important details. I think Niko is dead for reals and won't be coming back unlike a certain general whose name can be spelled a dozen different ways.

Edited by Coca, 08 February 2013 - 04:16 AM.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
in the official english version of the anime films based on break blade, his name is iris. elas was probably a direct pronunciation-translation from the scanlators. so elas is iris. i thought using the right name would be a bit better...

still, general iris was friggin OP in this last chapter. looks like shit's going down for krisna...

or maybe indeed, he was a twin... just like broderica and her "twin", whoever that is.

the princess, broderica, is under athens's care, since her home country's been assimilated into the commonwealth of athens.

plus, before his death, he already was a general, serving under general borcruse as a member of his elite inner circle.

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Yeah, I suppose in order to hang out with Borcuse you have to be a little OP, which just means that Girge was Super-OP.
General Iris actually appeared again earlier in ch.49 p.08: (This time he's called Ares (Hares). Elas/Ares/Iris lol same guy)
Spoiler

Nevermind the whole spy thing, I totally forgot the whole assimilation part. Must've mixed up Assam with Orlando.
Assam may have been taken, but they're not happy about it, seeing as how they sent a secret message to Krisna:
Spoiler

Undoubtedly detailing terms of alliance with Krisna against Athens in the coming war.
I guess "Athenian modernity" is not all it's cracked up to be.

With that in mind, I think I figured out this whole Broderica business.
Seeing as how there are two Brodericas, I'll be using "Punchy Broderica" to refer to the Broderica mentioned here:
Spoiler

...and "Princess Broderica" will refer to the one seen here:
Spoiler

I believe Princess Broderica is the real heir, while Punchy Broderica is a figurehead used by Athens to control the people of Assam. This must be why the soldiers of Assam equate killing Punchy Broderica with liberating Assam:
Spoiler

What I'm really curious to know is what happened between Zess and Loquis. It looked like Zess poisoned his parents when he was really young, and that his sister orchestrated the whole thing. Internal power struggle? I think it's related somehow.

My memory fades between these long updates. Gotta go back, back to the past Samurai Jack -dun-dun- wha-cha!

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
lmao i love the name "Punchy Broderica" XD

that's what i think as well, she's probably a fake... though she may be related to the "real" one in some way. some long lost cousin vying for the throne or something. also, she seems to talk a bit funny compared to the on-the-run broderica. plus, there's the matter of her "work"... who knows what that could be. miss on-the-run doesn't have any such grand plans, she just seems to want to get the hell away from assam and athens...

internal power struggle? doesn't really matter now though, his whole family's dead (excluding his wife kids etc.)

right now, it seems like the main conflict of krisna vs orlando hasn't really changed at all. they're all still going wild with orlando watching on the sidelines.

i'm sorry about the long updates, the raws are updated monthly and i try my best to finish them when they come out (usually a day or two after raw release)... i know how it feels to return to a series after a month or so of waiting. sometimes i have to read the previous chapter to refresh my memory.

a certain general whose name can be spelled a dozen different ways.

sigh XD

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Narvi's geo-history lesson reminds me of Axis Powers Hetalia (my little sister digs that show).
Everyone seems to pick on poor little Assam (like a modern-day Belgium).

i'm sorry about the long updates

I hope no one misunderstands, but I would never blame anyone for long update times. It is simply an unfortunate reality.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
hetalia .____. i know a lot of people (girls) who are crazy about it.

lol assam reminded me of poland for some reason... and athens was germany or something like that. bit too much world war 2 in me...

people tend to misunderstand a lot XD but whatevs, i do what i can.

but still, this chapter was quite nice to read, even if i say so :P something to wet appetites before chapter 61...

Omar Zupial

Omar Zupial

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I hate the names, they(them?, dunno) confuse me, changing from Lygatto to Rygart was such a big blow for me, yet I don't care if you change it to Lagarto, it even sounds kinda cool. But, if someone change the name of Girge, my whole world would tear apart and I'll cry manly tears, but I'll cry.

Yeah, I have bad ortography, but, don't blame me, I can just barely read english. And yes, I'm dramatic and drunk, but again, don't blame me, I'm from a country that use eñes.

¡Vivan las marmotas! Los amo chicos.

Edited by Omar Zupial, 14 February 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
dafuq

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
I like how they're keeping Dirfinge's left arm ambiguously covered. Since the ligaments don't run on quartz magic I doubt they would've been able to repair it, especially without Sigyn's schematics which she tore up a few chapters ago. I think the only thing they could've done was bolt a huge-ass blade to where the left hand would be. Or a shield. Better yet, a shield that doubles as a sword, so you can block and attack at the same time.
  • Sya likes this

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Holy... that was whole other Rygart right now :o

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

Wow. We basically saw Zess' entire backstory in a single page. No need for flashbacks now. :lol:

And oh snap! Rygart has a gun now! I'm assuming it uses pre-compressed one-shot chambers. Either that or the chamber has to be mechanically compressed using some kind of pump, like a Super Soaker. A giant Super Soaker that soaks people with death.

This is what sets Break Blade apart from other mecha series. The golems are realistically grounded in their limitations. You can't just fly around and solve every problem by beam-spamming it with your LAZERS pewpewpew, and you can't self-destruct and take the entire enemy camp with you. No easy cop outs here. You have to win wars the old-fashioned way, i.e. by shooting little rocks and wacking each other with sticks and sharp objects until the other side is obliterated or surrenders. You know, just like when you were kids.

I also like how skill and tactics actually matter and you can't just win by showing up with a "bigger gun". Dirfinge may be more powerful than any other golem in the series but not by so much that Rygart can just win wars by himself. Plus there's a set operational time limit which balances out the OP specs.

The fact that Dirfinge is an ancient golem with more advanced technology implies that the entire continent has a huge untapped backstory and we haven't even scratched the surface yet. There are many stories about advanced civilizations wiping each other out through war and the survivors basically starting history all over again, as we may see here with Athens invading other nations over quartz reserves. Quartz that is used by magicians who are basically everyone save for the extremely rare exception. I'd bet the ancient war was fought between magicians and non-magicians over the usual fears and prejudices that occur wherever there are people who are "different". And since magicians are now the norm, it's plain to see which side won, although it was undoubtedly a pyrrhic victory seeing how far technology has regressed. Dirfinge runs on electricity and has a self-replenishing power reserve. There are advanced optics which give the pilot a far longer and detailed range of view than that of quartz powered golems. The fact that Dirfinge has an auto stabilizer and the fact that there are display panels means that there is software controlling the golem, which means there is an advanced computer onboard. I doubt even Sigyn could understand what the computer that runs Dirfinge even is, seeing as how no one understands electricity much less things like transistors which are too small to see with anything except a scanning tunneling microscope which itself involves many technologies that are way too advanced to even be considered "real" by people who run literally everything on quartz magic. But generating electricity with quartz magic would be a trivial task if someone knew how to. If only someone were curious enough to investigate that shocking phenomenon that sometimes occurs when you touch something on a dry day. Or perhaps fly a kite during a thunderstorm.

robertsjryan

robertsjryan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCA

i think she is going to break her out

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

I think all three of them are going to bust Sygin out. Seriously, what kind of mother and grandmother would just sit back and watch their daughter/grand daughter commit high treason and act like it's not their problem.

And firing squad? Zess you pussy! You said you'd do it with your own hands! The nerve!

But if I understand his plans correctly, he wants to scrap the new Lexus generation equipped with long-range weapons and go back to improving the old Artemis models for short-range combat? I recall that the Artemis was very agile and flexible but also very difficult to pilot well. Does Zess want to match Rygart's sword skillz? LOL he's mad he got his ass handed to him by Rygart.

Also, whoever designed Sygin's prison outfit deserves a medal. <3

Noso

Noso

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

And oh snap! Rygart has a gun now! I'm assuming it uses pre-compressed one-shot chambers. Either that or the chamber has to be mechanically compressed using some kind of pump, like a Super Soaker. A giant Super Soaker that soaks people with death.

looks like he had a gun. :P

but yeah i like the super soaker idea. it looks like part of it is in the hook so maybe he twirls it to whined it up.

also on that same page does Rygart shot the magazine off her gun?

Edited by Noso, 07 March 2014 - 02:52 PM.

PotatoCannon

PotatoCannon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnder Fakku's server ;)

I need a spoiler for whether or not Sigyn is going to be executed.. Anyone?

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

I need a spoiler for whether or not Sigyn is going to be executed.. Anyone?

Chapter 70 is the latest chapter out in the magazine raws, you'll have to wait for the next one to come out like everyone else. ^^

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

http://vatoto.com/read/_/247048/break-blade_ch71_by_vistrans/25

Sigyn in that bottom panel reminds me of Girge....dammit why u do this to me?!!!!

Also, Cleo looks a bit too... happy, in that last panel. I just think that running away after commiting high treason,

one shouldn't look so derpy, but hey, Cleo be Cleo.

Starbuck

Starbuck

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

chapter 72 raw is now available

http://raw.senmanga.com/Break_Blade/72/1

have fun,

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

Wow time flies. Almost 2 years since my last post.

This Frederica plot kinda reminds me of Dumas' "Man in the Iron Mask" except the substitute subterfuge is being concocted by "the bad guys". Zess has gone full rogue and I feel we're past the point of no return. Rygart's going to have to kill him now. It can't be helped.

Athen's actually came up with a pretty devious ploy, if they've done what I think they've done. That is, swap genuine hairpieces giving the real hairpiece to the trojan horse "Manau" and have her inserted into Krishna to deliver the payload of false information which will result in having the real Frederica (the punchy one) executed. Assam would be screwed and Krishna would have a mole planted pretty high up. 2 birds with 1 stone. According to Zess only Colonel Sagares would be able to see through this ploy which is why someone is being sent to kill him. The rule that "things don't always go according to plan" applies to both sides though and Rygart's luck has been obscenely high thus far so fingers and toes are crossed hard.

As for Folse (lol subtle name) I have a sneaking suspicion he is a misdirect from the author. Though he could also be the Athenian informant that helped General Hekera escape, it's also possible he's a double agent coerced by Sagares himself with the information extracted from General Hekera..

Endless treachery banzai!