Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What are you currently reading ... ?

what novels are you reading

• Please log in to reply
589 replies to this topic

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

In the middle of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

That's a good book!  I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

TeaCat

TeaCat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts

A few I am going through currently.

Metaphysics

Paul C Jongs Christian sermons book 2

The Name of the Wind

Quantum Eating

The Science and fine art of fasting by Herbert

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

That's a good book!  I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did

Finished it quite a while ago. I did enjoy it. It's a nice unexpected twist :D

Now I'm 1/3 through East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

ClearMadness

ClearMadness

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Warrior King by Evan Currie 

It's part of a great military scifi series. 

Edited by ClearMadness, 22 December 2016 - 03:25 PM.

IronAdBanner2.png
Author of The Iron Teeth, a dark fantasy web serial with comedy and goblins.

Mimiko

Mimiko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

whispers by dean kootz 

miku_by_whooaman-dbis7mg.png

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts

Anna Karenina (Wikipedia: Anna Karenina)

​Meh so far (1/4 done), maybe part of the charme is lost in translation...

-fail

-acquire experience

-use experience to improve behaviour

-succeed
---------------------------------------------------
"The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself."  --  Fyodor Dostoyevsky

science hasn't gone far enough  I  Wat zullen we drinken

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Just re-read:  The Nightmare Stacks,  by Charles Stross. Forgettable title for an unforgettable novel.  Introduces a new POV character for a Laundry (British occult spy service) Files novel.  Combines some of Stross' usual eldritch horrors and humorous commentary on bureaucracy and families, with a "manic pixie dream girl" and a novel take on vampiric eroticism.  A few archaic/dialectical words sent me to a dictionary or Wikipedia. Helps a bit if you're familiar with the geography of the British midlands. (I'm not.)  Many lol moments. Perhaps my second favorite Stross, after his breakthrough novel The Atrocity Archive.  (Looks like the Laundry Files Wiki still needs and entry for The Nightmare Stacks.)

Edited by Natureboy, 06 May 2017 - 02:41 PM.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

I am currently rereading an old classic scifi novel from the 1930s, When Worlds Collide and its sequel, After Worlds Collide by Edwin Balmer and Philip Wylie. I last read it back in the early 1960s when I was in third or fourth grade after watching the 1951 movie on TV one evening. A remarkably good movie and a very good read, especially considering the level of science in the 1930s when this was written. It was truly ahead of its time.

Edited by PervySageChuck, 06 May 2017 - 04:11 PM.

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.

I'm reading The Godsfall Chronicles (陨神记) seems to be well written, well anything that isn't isekai or reincarnation bullshit looks awesome lately.

Synopsis: The nuclear holocaust which caused the collapse of the Old Times on Earth should have wiped out all human life on the planet.  Yes, the gods set up their beautiful Elysiums to provide sanctuaries for their chosen, but by all rights everyone outside the elysian lands should’ve perished long ago.  Yet somehow, human life still managed to persist, even in the deadly, mutant-infested wastelands.  Cloudhawk was a young scavenger who dreamed of being as free as the hawks in the skies, yet seemed destined to live out his life scrounging for scraps in the wasteland ruins.  Fate, however, is ever-fickle.  A chance meeting with a ragtag group of mercenaries changed the trajectory of his life, bringing him into a world with mutants and metahumans, demonhunters and godslayers, and even gods and demons.  Cloudhawk would find his own place in a world that was far greater than he had imagined, find his own path between the zealous light of Sumeru and the whispering darkness of the Abyss… and one day, he would find that even gods may fall. 

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

The remains of the day

Best read when 2 AM in the morning to get the feel of quiet desperation.

Also recommended for middle class managers and assistants to executives whose companies got bought out by foreign entities and have to lament the out-datedness of their boardroom manipulation skills