Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What are you currently reading ... ?

what novels are you reading

• Please log in to reply
589 replies to this topic

ello

ello

Russet Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 241 posts
Would be good if you could give the name of the novel/LN you are or were reading, maybe a really short summary of what the novel is about and it might also be useful why you like it or worth reading, so that someone might consider to read it thmeselves.Then I'll make the start.
Its been a while since I last read a real novel but the last one I read was The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. It's a Sherlock Holmes novel (obviously not by Doyle ;P). I think if you read and liked the original Holmes stories, you would like this one as well, cause it got a certain Holmes feeling to it but is also new and refreshing in a way.
The last LN I read was Shinanai Otoko ni Koi shita Shoujo (3 chap. of vol. 1 translated here). Its about an immortal teenage boy who meets a teenage serial killer. What first caught my eye was the romance tag, so I thought it could be interesting. Well you can pretty much guess what the novel is about, if you read immortal boy + serial killer girl + romance. But wrong. Its not what you might expect and the novel (or 3 chapters so far...) dont focus much on the romance part (but there is some sort of romance in there) but more on the crime and lives of the two. There are also some mysteries with something like police and other criminals who challange the serial killer girl. All in all I think this is pretty good and new LN and with only 3 chapters it wouldnt take too much time too give it a try.

Other LN Ive read recently:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (manga/anime are at around volume 4/5; 7 completely translated and 8 halfway done)
Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (sequel to Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, only 3 volumes transleted)

animerebel4

animerebel4

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
um its pretty good so far i like it a lot!! It's rrly long though
It's mostly about this guy named Jean Valjean living in french society in After French Revolution - 1830's, and about the people around him (it branches off into the lives of many people... Fantine, the bishop, Javert (one of my fav characters), Cosette and more
it definitely reflects how cruel and harsh society was... (the movie is rrly good two by the way ;))

Mistake

Mistake

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts
Posted Image

It's alright, takes some getting used to. Haven't read enough to give a better review so I'll update this later.

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
LN:
Sword Art Online (11th which's being translated)
Campione (re-reading all volumes :P )

5B4rd3Q.gif

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
Flowers of War by Geling Yan
Inside my glass doors by Soseki Natsume
Hotel Iris by Yoko Ogawa
The Briefcase by Hiromi Kawakami
Out by Natsuo Kirino

Light novels:

Highschool DXD
IS: Infinite Stratos
Gosick
campione!
kaze no stigma
rental magica

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo
Don Quixote - Cervantes
Gargantua and Pantagruel - Rabelais
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
I'm currently reading the 1st volume of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Game of Thrones. I really liked the series so I'm reading the book to see if it is as good ( or better ) ^^

Edited by Rol, 23 February 2013 - 01:09 AM.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
LN:
Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden (tried and got hooked after reading the first chapter of the manga version)

5B4rd3Q.gif

animerebel4

animerebel4

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I'm currently reading the 1st volume of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Game of Thrones. I really liked the series so I'm reading the book to see if it is as (or more ) good ^^

I've read that book!! i love it!! (the second is now on my to-read/finish list)

I just finished Adaptation by Malinda Lo..

very sci-fi/conspiracy/area 51/aliens/mutation book with love ...
i enjoyed it and now im stuck waiting for the sequel!! D:

I am currently also reading Grapes of Wrath by john steinbeck for school (i have less than two weeks to read ahhh!!! )
um about the great depression... its very very detailed ..right now its OK but i just cant stop myself from falling asleep to it :/

synbios

synbios

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
I am reading Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei would love some more Rain (Novel).

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
High School DxD (14th volume)

5B4rd3Q.gif

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo

High School DxD (14th volume)

:o, didn't know there was a novel of Highschool DxD, how is it?
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

:o, didn't know there was a novel of Highschool DxD, how is it?

much better than anime and manga in my opinion :P

5B4rd3Q.gif

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo

much better than anime and manga in my opinion :P

This happens usually when a show takes inspiration from a book :)

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

This happens usually when a show takes inspiration from a book :)

Almost always. The difference is really big in this example though.

5B4rd3Q.gif

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
I didn't read it because I don't know what could be good in the book since the anime is based on ecchi, and I don't see the point of ecchi in a book, I don't really see how it translates ^^ I have to read Campione too.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

I didn't read it because I don't know what could be good in the book since the anime is based on ecchi, and I don't see the point of ecchi in a book, I don't really see how it translates ^^ I have to read Campione too.

The manga's actually much closer to the novel (still different but much closer)
Campione's awesome :P

5B4rd3Q.gif

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
But I don't have time to read it T-T I stopped SAO after the 6th volume(I just don't see the point), I have to finish Koukaku no Regios, at least the translated volumes (the anime is realy great but the end suggests another season... that never came -_-), and now DxD and Campione x)

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

But I don't have time to read it T-T I stopped SAO after the 6th volume(I just don't see the point), I have to finish Koukaku no Regios, at least the translated volumes (the anime is realy great but the end suggests another season... that never came -_-), and now DxD and Campione x)

end of regios anime was a filler one...
and yeah, SAO is just another harem story after the first arc...

5B4rd3Q.gif

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

end of regios anime was a filler one...

I don't know what you mean by filler one. It was a bad ending but hey, what did I expect ? T-T

Edited by Rol, 04 March 2013 - 10:51 PM.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif