Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kuberian Date system

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

Whoa, what a brutal horoscope :blink: Chandra-Agni-Yama = Darkness-Fire-Death?! This explains a few things in my "life" :(

Which one is the nil attribute? Yama or Chandra?

So no priestess or magician jobs for me I presume, but I still could become a fighter? Or are there magicians out there with a nil attribute? Siiiiiggh.. But it could be worse, let's say Kali-Chandra-Yama, Chaos-Darkness-Death, or a triple nil like Ian Rajof. Agni is at least some nice guy ^_^ Will have to read up about the 3 Gods and their abilities.

But I just remembered that Yama was probably killed by Agni, when he refused to save Brilith? Can a God of Death be actually "killed"? I rather doubt it, plus, if he would be gone no one would die anymore, and a lot of people died since Agni came back from hell :blink:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Mizura

Sorry, did not see the part about KuCa :blush: I tried signing up once, but that did not work at all. And now my mobile phone is broken, so I have to wait until I get a new one (for the step where they ask the mobile phone number). I have no other phone I could use, mostly because no one knows about my Kubera obsession, and this should stay this way or they will ruin it too :(

Edited by Goobera, 21 October 2012 - 11:50 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

YellowKingValley

YellowKingValley

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
@Mizura
Kubera/Asvins/Vayu

Greeny circles + teleport.

@Goobera
Kali is nil. Yama unknown.

Amplified fire magic. As for Yama...

Edited by YellowKingValley, 22 October 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oh, okay. xD Hey at least you don't have a nil attribute. And with the Asvins attribute, you can make lots of money healing people. 20 gold for one healing!

Yama is probably death: a random Garuda sura told Maruna that Rindhallow practices Death magic when they were contemplating whether to fight Rindhallow.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
New development: I asked a Korean blogger who writes in English, and she translated for me a little, and said my attributes are likely Chandra-Agni-Surya (because 10.00AM to 12.00AM is allegedly Surya). So at least not Yama anymore, and it sounds better, Darkness-Fire-Light.
Since this is my Kubera horoscope, it sounds like a bad start in life, but later on it maybe gets a little better ^_^

And I could become a magician, Chandra is the spell for concealing the presence = becoming invisible (pretty convenient), Agni has all the fire spells, and Surya is that one spell that scans the surroundings (and how Asha always finds Leez, no matter where she hides). Bad thing is only that magicians need a superior intelligence, I would probably end like Ran, forever repeating my exams :wacko:

So Kali is nil? Sounds logical... Since the Chaos (Kali) barrier nullifies magic, and so do the Chaos (Kali) Sura.
But that means that Kaz has a Kali-Kali-Kali attribute :blink: And that may have something to do with him being so strange, surviving Kubera's punches with no problem (when even Agni barely made it), getting out of the village just moments before Maruna attacks, bumping into Sagara and changing the fate of the entire city, finding shelter at the last possible moment when Atera got attacked etc Maybe his crazy attribute just turns everything crazy around him, nullifies magic, loops time and space, and who knows what else? Since Kali had so many crazy ideas and projects it could be possible.
I wonder when we will see Kaz the next time, he's not a magician, so he would not be able to teleport so easily to Kalibloom. Plus, the Water Channel is closed too. I was kind of hoping he and Leez would have a happy family reunion :huh:

@Mizura: What are your 3 attributes? (if you want to answer I mean, you do not have to tell)

Edited by Goobera, 22 October 2012 - 11:04 AM.

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Um... I just noticed how you're calculating, but actually, the calculations don't work like that. xD The Kubera system is a 12 months / 36 days per month system, so specific calculations must be made to convert the 365 days in our normal calendar into the Kubera system.

I'm Chandra / Nil / Indra if I remember correctly. And yes, Kaz is triple-nil / triple-Kali.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
For now I will just keep the ones I got, and if I should get lucky, and sign into the KuCa somehow, then maybe I will get the really exact attributes :( When I think about it, it must be very very complicated to translate the Earth date system into the Kuberian year, since that is so much longer. So basically, if one entire year passed on Earth, in the Kubera universe the year still goes on for 2 or 3 months. If one would like to get the birthday attributes one would need a starting point, and then translate the Earth years one by one into Kuberian.. Like for example converting all the Earth years since 100 years ago into Kubera universe, one by one, since likely no one older than 100 will sign up for KuCa. Or something like that :blink: Or, if one is really smart, one writes some formula for that.

I read somewhere that while Leez is 16 in the Kubera universe, by counting the sheer days alone she would be 19 on Earth

Complicated stuff, I do not really think it is possible to find this out just by math alone, I am sure a part of the equation is what Currygom decided about the attributes, and how they relate to Earth dates. One cannot start counting and calculating, if one does not know where to start at. Or, as another possibility, the Kuberian year got cut where it does not fit into the Earth year, but that would ruin their game, since no one would have Kali attributes for example.

Ha, you are lucky, Indra is super-cool, that's the one for the lighting spells that Asha always uses to send idiots flying :D If this would be your horoscope, I think it would mean that you can defend yourself well agaist all enemies (and still look cool while you do it, that's the winning point :D)

Posted Image

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
No, one Kubera year = one Earth year, so you just have to convert accordingly. Before I realized the reason the formula isn't public, I tried to figure it out on my own, and got close except for rounding (I got my first 2 attributes right). With a few other people's results I could have figured out the exact rounding, but I decided not to when I realized why the formula is hidden.

By the way, last time, in order to participate in the event, you needed to have posted a certain number of threads in the KuCa first (five I think), so it'd be best not to wait for the last moment...

I wanted a Brahma attribute actually. Aww. And people with Nil attributes are bad at magic, the more Nil attributes the worse it gets. Ian got laughed out of the magic academies she tried to apply to because she's double-nil (okay, they were also laughing because she wanted to defeat a dragon).

3492bk6.jpg

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
But it is just one Nil, so maybe it does not count so much? So let's suppose your Bhavati Indra would get unstable, and fry a few more idiots than you planned :lol: Similar to how Ran gets "unstable" (but faster) results without calculating.

Or, with that Kali attribute, you could try to get the Sword of Re, and become pretty unbeatable for anyone. I have the feeling that anyone with a Kali attribute could draw that sword more easily. Maybe Kaz actually swipes that sword right in front of Leez' nose

But you are right, Brahma must be the real deal, one can create whatever, food, clothes, furniture, a house, a palace, a car, a flying carpet, gold coins, unlimited mangas to read etc :blink: That would be neat. On the other hand I read that Brahma is terribly lazy, always runs in a pyjama, and does not care about her appearance and stuff, so maybe if one has that attribute one gets affected by that laziness too. Lazy people do not lead a fulfilling life, and usually do not have many friends, so...

Ups, I better speed up that with the mobile phone, and try to get one during the next few weeks! But how am I supposed to post in KuCa, if all is in Korean :blink:?? Just blindly click the buttons until I find the right ones?

So if I understand you correctly, one needs to translate the year one on one, and the months are 12-on-12, so one must covert the shorter Earth months into the longer Kuberian months, and then round the right way...
If I convert my birthday 26-July (and the hour 11.00AM-12.00AM at noon) into the 6th month in the Kubera universe, then the exact date would be (rounded) the 21. or 22. July
And that would leave me with the attributes Indra-Agni-Surya or Kubera-Agni-Surya :huh: Probably...
But I guess I should wait until I sign up for KuCa

Indra is way cooler than Kubera, one has all the lightning spells, on the other hand Bhavati Kubera is good for flying.
Indra-Agni-Surya sounds very unrealistic, that would be like constant fireworks. Lightning-Fire-Light? Does not sound like MY "life" at all :( I would say it's rather Kubera or Chandra..

Or, one adds up all the days until the birthday, looking first if the birthday year was a leap year, and then converts that number into the Kuberian days, and then counts which month and which day this gives. So if I would convert like that, I would get the 28. Mai or 29. Mai in the Kuberian year, Brahma-Vayu-Surya (Creation-Wind-Light), or Vayu-Vayu-Surya (Wind-Wind-Light), also very unlikely, my "life" is the opposite of light and creative.

Ok, I "probably" take this Kuberian horoscope thing here too seriously :blush: But looking at how heavy and troublesome my "life" gets all the time, I am sort of feeling that Chandra-Agni-Surya or Kubera-Agni-Surya are the most likely version. Or maybe it is Chandra-Agni-Yama (but I hope it's not) The Korean girl I asked said the time count goes in 2 hour periods, so 11.00AM-12.00AM does not translate to the 12th God (Yama), but to the 6th God (Surya)

And now there is thick black smoke appearing over my head, that was my brain that fused together from overheating

Spoiler

Canary191

Canary191

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
uhm... I think one Kubera day = one Earth day but not one Kubera year = one Earth year... If one Kubera year = 432 days, is longer than one Earth year then maybe the star Fedust is bigger than our sun and the Willarv orbit is bigger, which makes the time for Willarv to finish 1 orbit around Fedust longer and there are more days in Willarv,,, if one Kubera month = 36 days then maybe the moon orbit is bigger so it would take more time for the moon to finish 1 orbit around Willarv since month is related to the motion of the moon... so you still need a starting point to convert Earth's year, month, day to Kubera's ... it is just my opinion...

Edited by Canary191, 22 October 2012 - 04:19 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

On the other hand I read that Brahma is terribly lazy, always runs in a pyjama, and does not care about her appearance and stuff,

See, she's Just like me. xD I want to be able to create portable beds and stuff too!

So if I understand you correctly, one needs to translate the year one on one, and the months are 12-on-12,

Nope! Kubera months don't correspond to exactly our months, and Kubera days don't correspond exactly to our days. A Kubera day ends up shorter than one of our days. The way to calculate this is to break everything into hours (preferably into minutes even). You have to convert our 365 x 24 hours system into their 12 month x 36 days x 24 (or 12?) hour system, then from the total number of hours deduce how many months, days and hours they correspond to in the Kubera system.

It's a modulo exercise, basically.

Edited by Mizura, 22 October 2012 - 04:15 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
Ah, so that's where the hidden rounding is, it's the days and hours and minutes. I suppose there is no way I can guess just how many minutes the Kuberian day is shorter than the Earth day. Will have to patiently wait for the KuCa sign up. And that would mean that my birth hour would maybe move too in Kuberian time.. I think I will stick with Kubera-Agni-Surya so far, that suits my personality the best.. And fits for my icon here too

Ok, so acknowledging your achievements for the Kubera community, I will change my icon to Brahma for 3 seconds, and award you a triple pyjama ..um pardon, Brahma attribute :lol:

Posted Image <--- the pyjama that comes with it ^^

Edited by Goobera, 22 October 2012 - 05:56 PM.

Spoiler

Volitan

Volitan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
Huh. Well, going by the earth year, I would have two creation attributes, but.... I guess not, using the other system. Possibly.

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
What attribute would be 27th October, somewhere between 14:00 and 16:00 o'clock? (not sure about the last info)

Edited by Akasha, 17 November 2012 - 03:11 PM.

Rillet

Rillet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
Mizura was the Attribute through KuCa an event? (Only happening once?)

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
The Kubera Fancafe attribute calculation event has been held at least twice, the most recent of which was in August this year to celebrate the start of Part 2. It's an event that's held from time to time apparently, but I have no idea how frequently. To participate, you not only have to sign up, you also had to have a minimum of 5 posts in the KuCa, so it's best to not wait until the last moment to sign up (making 5 posts within the rules when you can't speak Korean isn't that easy :S And you have limits to the number of separate fanart posts you're allowed to make each day, most users even group a number of fanarts into one post).

I get the impression that they really don't want the formula to be available out there (as I said, to avoid cheating at their roleplaying game). It's actually forbidden to talk about birthday attributes in the KuCa.

Edited by Mizura, 19 November 2012 - 04:14 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
*blink* Oh hey, I think there's another attribute calculation event going on. Right NOW. It started on January 1st and will end on January 15.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the rules are this time. They're probably the same as last time (minimum of 5 posts etc.). I checked a few posts to see if I can find the rules, but I didn't find the right one.

Edited by Mizura, 01 January 2013 - 11:37 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
Lol. Discovery of the day for me.
My attributes are Nil-Kubera-Kubera
Seems a little useless.

And so close to the tripleKubera Y_Y

Ah, wrong system. I can still have hope.

Edited by Eleean, 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Volitan

Volitan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
Working on the modulo, I wind up with Asvins, Vayu, Indra. No creation, but hey, that's still pretty awesome. xD

Snow Flower

Snow Flower

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
Based on Earth calendar, my attribute would be Chandra-Indra-Brahma and that would Darkness-Sky?/Lightning?-Creation. I'm pretty satisfied with it. Although, I am interested in knowing what would be my attribute is based on Kuberian calendar lol.

"You don't understand a thing..... Man's potential for evolution is limitless" Isaac Netero

sigpic221725_7.gif

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

Mine is Varuna/Asvins/Surya(?)

Not bad, sadly not even double attribute X: