Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kuberian Date system

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts
Hi I saw that remark on Kuberian date system at the end of the chapter 22.

Having read up to current chapter as well as the author's blog, I think I can add some more to this

1st Month (Jan) - Kali - Goddess of the chaos.A.K.A 'None attribute'
2nd Month (Feb) - Chandra - God(or Goddess) of the darkness
3rd Month (Mar) - Asvins - God of Recovery
4th Month (Apr) - Brahma - God of Creation
5th Month (May) - Vayu - God of Wind
6th Month (Jun) - Surya- God of light
7th Month (Jul) - Agni - God of Fire
8th Month (Aug) - Varuna - God of Water
9th Month (Sep) - Indra - God of the heaven (..or sky? to do with lightening)
10th Month(Oct) - Kubera - God of the earth
11th Month(Nov) - Marut (originally Shiva) - God of Destruction
12th Month(Dec) - Yama (probably the God of the death)

Agni and Varuna are inferred from characters' birthdays, and Kali is mentioned explictly later.
Maybe I can update this as chapters commence..

Unsorted ones are...

Brahma (God of Creation)
Asvins (God of recovery...originally Vishnu)
Vayu (God of the wind)

This puts total 11. AND there is another known attribute type, 'NONE'.
Kazu, appearing in chapter1, has NONE-NONE-NONE triple attribute. I don't know which month this is though. Author said there are 11 attributes plus one NONE attribute.

This MIGHT BE because there is a God of one month, but perhaps that god does not lend help to the humanity, thus regarded as none attribute on that month...but this is my wild speculation, so don't take my word on this.

It could be that Yama is the one with no attribute, as later it is mentioned that death magic is being experimented at the moment.

And there is another known 'property', that is 'light'. But no god with this property has been mentioned so far.

(There are suras...or asuras as mentioned here although I strongly disagree with this... with light attribute. Maruna has Sky-Light-Fire properties..or attributes.)

There are some more hints... Night time is between hour of the earth to hour of the Recovery.
Daytime is between hour of the creation to hour of the sky.
And 8o'clock is the start of the hour of Vayu.

So my speculation is that
March- (4:00 to 6:00) Asvins (recovery)
April- (6:00 to 8:00) Brahma (creation)
May - (8:00 to 10:00)Vayu
June- (10:00 to 12:00) the one with light attribute.

If you think about the attribute's nature, they kinda fit.

I will update this once I find more.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oooh! That was really interesting, thank you very much!

So Kazu has a triple-none attribute? I guess that's a plot point. Does Kubera have a triple-Kubera attribute (lol)? Are there other interesting blog entries? :D

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

FunnyBunnyLogic

FunnyBunnyLogic

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationThe state that Looks Like a Hand.

Oooh! That was really interesting, thank you very much!

So Kazu has a triple-none attribute? I guess that's a plot point. Does Kubera have a triple-Kubera attribute (lol)? Are there other interesting blog entries? :D

As mentioned in chapter 19, Kubera does have a *Triple Kubera Attribute!* Neat, huh?

And Zero, thank you for your post! It really helps "fill-in" the gaps!!

But I would like to give the reason why we chose Asura in lieu of Sura. It may not be a perfect (phonic) translation from Currygom's brilliance... but it is based upon our real world definition of the terms. For example in Hinduism, the Asura are a group of "power-seeking" deities. They were sometimes considered to be both sinful and materialistic and would compete against the Devas. While in the Islamic belief system, a Sura is a chapter from the Qur'an. In an attempt to ensure we are consistent, we felt Asura is more appropriate, since most of the Kuberian system is based on Hinduism (not Islam). And the definition of Asura better fits Currygom's concept, than Sura.

See Wiki for Asura:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura

See Wiki for Sura:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sura

Edited by funnybunnylogic, 13 April 2011 - 07:07 PM.

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

As mentioned in chapter 19, Kubera does have a *Triple Kubera Attribute!* Neat, huh?

And Zero, thank you for your post! It really helps "fill-in" the gaps!!

But I would like to give the reason why we chose Asura in lieu of Sura. It may not be a perfect (phonic) translation from Currygom's brilliance... but it is based upon our real world definition of the terms. For example in Hinduism, the Asura are a group of "power-seeking" deities. They were sometimes considered to be both sinful and materialistic and would compete against the Devas. While in the Islamic belief system, a Sura is a chapter from the Qur'an. In an attempt to ensure we are consistent, we felt Asura is more appropriate, since most of the Kuberian system is based on Hinduism (not Islam). And the definition of Asura better fits Currygom's concept, than Sura.

See Wiki for Asura:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura

See Wiki for Sura:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sura

Quite agreed. In normal terms, yes, I would also go for 'asura'.

However, I still do not see how translators would cope with 'asura' clan,which is the bug shaped suras..or asuras. There is even character called Asura later, who is the nastika and the king of the asura clan, just like Gandharva is the king of gandharva clan.

Secondly, I myself is bit unhappy about this, but the author Currygom is bit peaky on those who relate the story according to the actual Hinduism. She claims that she only takes some basic stuff and names from the Hinduism..although I myself only half-agree.
So there it is. She wouldn't be convinced and will say it is up to her to decide the name of characters....Having said this, Currygom never gave explicit permission to make English translations in the first place anyway, so I guess it is unnecessary yet to worry about the name originality...(sorry if this sounds bit accusing..no offense!)
I personally do not agree with how the author reacts when fans relate story with the original Hinduism...

Anyway, I myself will be sufficiently satisfied if suitable substitution for 'Asura' 's name is found.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
There's a guy called Asura later on? Which one is it? It's not the little kid, is he? I really want to know what's up with him, but that chapter is such a long way off, waaaaah!

As for the guy called Asura, maybe he'll have to settle for the name Sura? x'D Or do you mean that there are suras, the Asura clan and Mr. Asura in this story? D:

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

There's a guy called Asura later on? Which one is it? It's not the little kid, is he? I really want to know what's up with him, but that chapter is such a long way off, waaaaah!

As for the guy called Asura, maybe he'll have to settle for the name Sura? x'D Or do you mean that there are suras, the Asura clan and Mr. Asura in this story? D:

Yup

More in detail, in the original story, there are 3 species

1.God
2.Sura
3.Human

Gods can be classified into 3 classes according to their role (God of Nature, God of the Origin, ??-unknown yet), or into 5 classes according to the level of highness of their mind (1 zen, 2 zen, 3 zen, 4 zen, 5 zen...5zen being the greatest. Kubera and Agni is 5 zen, and there are more.) They are immortal,(...sorry. Gods of Nature are immortal. They exist as long as the universe exists. Other gods are little known) and has existed since the existence of the universe. There are 4 gods of the Origin (Shiva, Vishnu and 2 more), and they existed before the existence of the current universe. Most gods regard suras as their mortal enemy, but gods of Origin are neutral in the war. (some even befriend suras)

Suras (which is translated to Asura) have 8 clans.

Gandharva Clan- Underwater creature shaped suras. Gandharva is the first and current king.

Garuda Clan- Bird shaped suras. Garuda is the first king, but Maruna, his son, is taking the duty instead at the moment, as Garuda is currently in the state of near-death. (Garuda is still the king)

Yaksha Clan- Probably dog shaped suras (they tend to be furry). Yaksha is the 1st king, Shuri is the 2nd. Current king is unknown.

Ananta Clan - Snake shaped suras. Ananta is the first king. (Ananta was the strongest sura of all, but he is now dead). Current king is a spoiler, so I won't say it.

Asura Clan - Bug shaped suras. Asura is the first king.

Vritra Clan- Dragon shaped suras. Vritra is the first king.

?? Clan- A clan called 'clan of the chaos'. Much is yet unknown.

?? Clan- Nothing known. There is speculation that a sura called 'Airabata' is in this clan.

There are total 8 clans of suras. As I said, there is a clan called Asura, and even a character called Asura, who is the king of his clan. Currently his name is mentioned only once or twice, but asura and ananta clans are most abundant in the planet Willarv.

Each sura can be also classified according to their position.
1.Nastika.
They, like Gods, existed since the existence of the Universe. However, they are mortal, but generally A LOT stronger than gods. Their mortal enemies are nastikas of the enemy sura clans.Unlike gods, they can change their genders. They do not grow, nor age..although they can change appearances as well as their genders!

2.Rakshasa
Offsrping of nastikas. They undergo 5 stages of growth. Genders are fixed.

3.Upani
Offsrping of rakshasas. They also undergo 5 stages of growth. From the 3rd stage, they can take form of human.

4.Mara
Lowest level of suras. Offsprings of Upani or Maras. They also undergo 5 stages of growth. At 5th stage, they can take human forms.

Human

Weakest species. Long ago, they borrowed power from both Gods and Nastikas to perform magic, but the link with suras is broken, so that magicians only borrow power from Gods now. After the chaos of year N0 (referred as great change, or catastrophe) the link with gods were severed too, and magicians can borrow power from limited number of gods.
They sometimes have children with human shaped suras. According to their blood state, they are classified as..
Pure human, Quarter (1/4 or less of the blood is of suras), Half (1/2 or less of the blood is of suras). Quarter ages 1/2 slowly, and Half ages 1/4 slowly.
There are also 3 classes - magicians, fighters, and normals.

All from 'Kubera' and Currygom's blog.

FunnyBunnyLogic

FunnyBunnyLogic

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationThe state that Looks Like a Hand.
Thank you so much for all of this information, Zero! It's very useful to have all of this information.

I will do my humble best to use this information for evil not good >=]

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts
New god..or goddess added.

Asha used 'Hoti Surya' in recent chapter...although I could see this one coming well before. I think Surya is the god of the Sun in Hinduism...Wiki it to check.

Also, by cheking attribute of 'Kazu' and his age relation with Kubera, I could work out that the so called 'None attribute' belongs to 'Kali'. Sorry if this did not appear in the main story and this only baffled you unnecessarily. Quite a lot of information in Currygom's blog and I cannot remember which information is from which source...the main story or the blog.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Man, I really should have re-read all your threads before making mine, I made so many mistakes. xD

Are the Gods perhaps the offsprings of the Gods of Creation, like how the Asuras are the descendents of the Nastikas, or does it have nothing to do with it?

Spoiler

3492bk6.jpg

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
Thanks for all the info! It's really interesting.

Pure human, Quarter (1/4 or less of the blood is of suras), Half (1/2 or less of the blood is of suras). Quarter ages 1/2 slowly, and Half ages 1/4 slowly.

All from 'Kubera' and Currygom's blog.

The "speed of aging" is a bit confusing because of the names... Is that mentioned in the story or in the author's blog?

Edited by Nefertary, 19 November 2011 - 10:50 PM.

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ About that, I've been typing up chapter bits for myself and putting those + bits from the blog through google translation, so about the Half and Quarter aging thing, it's mentioned in both the story and the blog. Later on we see a Quarter named Ran who also start travelling with Leez and co. Although I didn't type up and translate it, there seems to be a whole flashback conversation with his mother on the difference in aging between a pureblood human, a half and a quarter.

3492bk6.jpg

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts

Spoiler

A tad late but: planetname is mentioned in chapter 32 in the image showing how far away the Oracle of Earth is.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Could someone (who is smarter than me) please compile a Kubera horoscope? You know, which month, day and hour gives you which God attributes? And what the God's properties and meaning are? I tried, but failed miserably :blush:

Or I simply missed where all this is written, so if someone could link to some explanations about the dates and times of ALL God affinities?
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
To anybody else reading this: please don't do it. The Kubera Fancafe has a reason it doesn't divulge the method: to avoid cheating in their roleplaying game. There's a section called Kubera Living where the members of the KuCa can play as fighters or magicians in the various cities on Willarv. Their characters get the same attributes as the member, but since Triples have a special advantage, divulging the calculations would allow the members to cheat by lying about their birth date and hour.

Edited by Mizura, 20 October 2012 - 03:18 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Adding to the Sura clan list.

(adding all of them)

Garuda (Garuda original & current king)

Gandharva (Gandharva original & current king)

Asura (Asura original & current king)

Ananta (original & current king Sagara)

Yaksha (Originla & presumably current king Ha?????... (Ran's grandmother)

Vrirtra (Original original & current king)

Kinnara (Original original & presumably current king)

Chaos (Created by Kali later then the other clans, current king either Kali or somebody i don't know)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
My reaction: :huh: --> :blink:--> :(--> :blush:

Sorry, I did not intend to invite anyone for cheating :(
Could someone then - sorta - help me with just MY birthday? It is the 26.July, hour is 11.00 or 12.00 (do not know the exact hour, but my mom was referring to it a few times, so I think it is something before or around noon) I do not speak Korean, so I cannot sign in anywhere, or I would sign up for that game in seconds
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

YellowKingValley

YellowKingValley

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/1230-magics-in-kubera/page__st__20

Most likely...

26th Chandra
July Agni
11-12am/pm Yama

Chandra/Agni/Yama

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
...move on, replied on a post, then noticed post was almost a year old..

Edited by Boredoom, 21 October 2012 - 11:08 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

YellowKingValley

YellowKingValley

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
I wanna be magician but I have fighter type attributes.

*cries*

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
You mean you have nil attributes? At one point there was an event in the KuCa where you could ask for your attributes by giving them your birth date. I have a nil attribute. Heh.
The KuCa probably holds such "what is your attribute" event from time to time, so if a new event ever occurs, you can always sign up to the KuCa to ask for your attributes.

3492bk6.jpg