Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The appearance of Sabo ... ? :D

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Neku Sakuraba

Neku Sakuraba

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLondon

Okay how about this, Sabo is actually alive and has already been introduced as somebody else! Well that may be a long-shot. Or he could have been at the execution of Ace but was drawn as an extra and is very hard to spot unless you were looking for him? Again that's doubtful, but with regard to him not being able to make it to Ace's execution, why was Ivankov able to go but he wasn't? If there really were ultra important Revolutionary business to take care of then shouldn't Ivankov have gone straight to Dragon? But you could say that maybe Luffy's personality persuaded him into going or something like that, or maybe Sabo put's the Revolutionary above saving a long-time childhood friend or a similar situation could have arisen. Memory loss was mentioned before and I can literally just picture a flashback where Sabo was saved but couldn't remember anything but when finding out that Ace died, there's a scene of him crying or something and he remembers everything and regrets that he didn't go, so instead he visits Ace's grave and leaves the cups and sake! Also there is a photo attached to Ace's grave it may be like a picture Dragon found on Sabo the day he was attacked and after finding out that Sabo knew Ace and Luffy he kept the photo and tried to hide his painful past from him or something but when older Sabo gained his memories back, Dragon gave him the photo and Sabo stuck it on Ace's grave.

Posted Image

Jannic

Jannic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I read the "get this person's wounds treated" as clearly Sabo. Not sure who else it'd be, why else Dragon would care, etc. And right now there's no one in the Revolutionaries we have much affection for (Ivankov...yeeeeeahhhh...and Dragon seems like a huge d**k.) 

In terms of the Whitebeard War, Sabo'd have been raised as a Revolutionary - and the Revolution wants the status quo to break down. They don't want a bunch of greasy pirates taking over, they want the Government to be shown as so corrupt and violent that the people will rise up and help overthrow them. They're the third One Piece flavour (:3), and if they want to rule the world the pirates and Navy killing each other in droves is their ideal outcome. So he wouldn't have helped at all.

Oda is huge on the past coming back to haunt people, and I feel Sabo got way too much effort put into him to just be a "reason for Luffy to grow up and get tough". The series a) needs more Revolutionary MCs, B) needs more normal MCs (really hope he is alive but not with a DF!) and c) loves moral complexity - I think Sabo's going to show up having 'drunk the kool aid' and be a hardcore ideologue, a ruthless killer type...for Luffy to reform so everyone can have a good cry.

I tend not to value what authors say outside of works too highly/take it with a grain of salt - and that panel above...what other one person would Dragon pull out of the bombardment and treat the wounds of? This series doesn't waste time with purely random stuff - please don't say "That could just have been a random person that Dragon saved to show he's not so bad." Even if it isn't Sabo (I'd be surprised!) it'll turn out to be a plot point. And Sabo makes the most sense relative to "There was...some OTHER PERSON...that Luffy knew...that was there that day..."

amoebaelvis

amoebaelvis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Sooo ... Now we're at chapter 694 of OP . What i'm wondering is how much more chapters will come out until Sabo appears in the manga .. I'd like your thoughts on this :)

And p.s.: When is the next shonen jump coming out , because i started biting my nails again from anticipation :D

I'll make a guess and say 37.

GuideofGod

GuideofGod

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Locationthe Tower:still on the 20th floor,can't seem to pass that test...

guys guys, just look at this page from the new chapter and cry :)

Spoiler

I think this says it all #holyshitsaboisalive

Edited by GuideofGod, 11 December 2013 - 12:38 AM.

cauthon

cauthon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

GG, he's alive

7 others

7 others

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEast Blue

ch 731 makes me shiver everywhere...

finally Sabo makes appearance guys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

coretro.tumblr.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nakama_zps965143b7.gif

defry

defry

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts

Sabo is probably a spy for dragon. Remember when there's a shadow with a hat that gave orders to Dofflamingo... I always thought that was Sabo. Also, if he was a spy for the rebellion army, for Dragon.. that'd explain some of the mysterious plans of Dragon, Kuma and the government.

So as a government noble, he couldn't really enter the war or be near it.

Another thing, he might be even an enemy but doubt it, cause they showed an mermaid fishman karate woman from the dragon's army. So "Sabo" that was supposed to be dead... was contacting them. Watch the conversation, Luffy's expression and words in the latest chapter.

sour

sour

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

the reason why i think that sabo wasn't in the whitebaerd wars was because he is a crew member of big momma because big mommas ship did show up a couple of chapters ago. i also think that dragon knew all about ace, sabo and luffy, you have to remeber he barely ever talked about his family even to Ivankov. plus i think big momma is some sort of relation to luffy.

Willain

Willain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Everyone is all up and about with the return of Sabo that no one notices the return of another great character, the "mermaid [sic] fishman karate woman" Koala from the Fisher Tiger pirates!

Spoiler

Baltringue29

Baltringue29

Potato

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCanada

Oh great find! I didn't remembered that Willain. Latest chapter give a good hint that Sabo is alive.

the reason why i think that sabo wasn't in the whitebaerd wars was because he is a crew member of big momma because big mommas ship did show up a couple of chapters ago. i also think that dragon knew all about ace, sabo and luffy, you have to remeber he barely ever talked about his family even to Ivankov. plus i think big momma is some sort of relation to luffy.

For some reason I'm tempted to think that Big Mom is the mother of the fat girl that was on Mora island. She did say her mother was in the new world if i remember right.

imperfectinfinity

imperfectinfinity

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationI dunno, do you?

I'm sorry to say but this just seems to be wishful thinking; yeah Oda likes to hint at things and forshadow but it seems to me that you're just reading too much into it. Whether it is because you find the evidence presented already as sufficient or you just don't want Luffy to have lost both of his brothers, we all want to have Sabo still alive but it just doesn't seem to add up for me.

Well I feel stupid now. In retrospect, I can see how Oda hints at Sabo being alive; I just kind of didn't want it to be true.

Spoiler

GreyLurker

GreyLurker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Everyone is all up and about with the return of Sabo that no one notices the return of another great character, the "mermaid [sic] fishman karate woman" Koala from the Fisher Tiger pirates!

Spoiler

yeah Oda shows us once again that little girls grow up to be lovely young ladies.  Been waiting for her to show up since they did that story, for a while I though Monnet was her