Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The appearance of Sabo ... ? :D

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Pejchy*

Pejchy*

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
Sooo ... Now we're at chapter 694 of OP . What i'm wondering is how much more chapters will come out until Sabo appears in the manga .. I'd like your thoughts on this :)

And p.s.: When is the next shonen jump coming out , because i started biting my nails again from anticipation :D

Cricycle

Cricycle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Soo, slight spoiler, Sabo died bro. (highlight to left)

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts

Soo, slight spoiler, Sabo died bro. (highlight to left)

Funny. You obviously don't read chapters thoroughly, do you? Sabo was rescued by Dragon and was treated by Ivankov.

Rath

Rath

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Funny. You obviously don't read chapters thoroughly, do you? Sabo was rescued by Dragon and was treated by Ivankov.

And you don't Read right at all, he did die even Oda stated it in one of his Q&A's, he was not saved. He is dead.

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts
I swear something's wrong with your head.

Evidence:
Spoiler

Spoiler

First Image: The one who's heavily injured and need treating is likely Sabo since Dragon is unharmed.
Second Image: This is just a food for thought. Notice the three sake cups in front of Ace's grave. Only Luffy, Sabo, and Ace do that. Luffy hasn't been there, Ace is obviously dead. I wonder who set it up then?

Still have doubts? Let's look at it with the anime's perspective this time. And Before someone bitch about using that as a valid argument, anime storyboards are co-planned with the owners (Oda and the publisher). Making it a slightly reliable aspect at least:

Dragon is unharm. Then who needs treating? To top it off, this event is around the time Sabo's ship was blown up. And by common sense, you'd realise Dragon is holding someone small enough not to be seen from his back's pov. In other words, a body of a wounded child.

-------------------------

Also, use your brain and think about it, if Sabo was meant to die, why even introduce him? Those flashbacks are enough with just Ace and Luffy present. Why include a third one? He obviously have plans in store for Sabo. In fact, Oda obviously made Sabo's background fitting to be a Revolutionary member since Sabo despises the World Government.

Lastly, Don't take SBS/Q&A seriously. Oda's often sarcastic with his answers. His answers are in the tone of "Sure, whatever".
Even if Sabo is listed dead in a certain databook or whatever, it's only there because Oda wants you to think in that mindset until he reveals otherwise.

Edited by wintercry, 17 January 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Cricycle

Cricycle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Hmm, I think the first image alone is sufficient evidence that they indeed found Sabo and tried to save him. Since we haven't actually seen him alive, and no one has said anything about it, we can't be 100% certain, but with meta-analysis, it's probably pretty much there.

The meta-analysis: why would Oda draw that page? It is pretty much a standalone page in the middle of a chapter, and the only mysterious thing that happens is that we know that "someone" is quite injured and needs to be treated. It even mentions that it is "during the evening of the day the Tenryuubito arrived"

However, your meta-analysis that "If Sabo was meant to die, why even introduce him?" is flawed, because a lot of people have died in flashbacks.
"Why include a third one?" are you referring to a third person? If so, again, the reasoning could be that Sabo's death played a very strong role in the formation and development of Luffy and Ace. It certainly seemed to make Luffy grow up, once he stopped crying.

And there is also the question of a notable plot hole, if Sabo is any sort of healthy: he was able to write a letter to Luffy + Ace before he left, but afterwards no more letters had come. I suppose its possible that he didn't want to update them on anything, or that Dragon had forbidden him, but its pretty doubtful that would have stopped him for 10+ years.

Lastly, I just read the bit in the Green Databook, and it says 砲撃を受け死亡。 is what happened to Sabo.

Chilli_kun

Chilli_kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
砲撃を受け死亡 means he is dead by Bomb bombardment..so ODA says he is dead!!

Shanks might have kept the bottles... since he might have heard the story from ACE when he went to talk with him..

Cricycle

Cricycle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Even though it said that in the Greenbook, the same reasoning and arguments apply to say that Oda simply wants us to think that Sabo is dead for now.

And I was thinking that perhaps Ace had told the story of him + Sabo + Luffy to someone who had visited the graves. It would certainly make sense if he had told Shanks, because we knew he planned to meet Shanks and thank him for saving Luffy (and I believe he did that).

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts
If Sabo is alive, then there have to be pretty compelling reasons for why he didn't show up to save Ace in the Whitebeard War, and I really can't imagine those reasons. So I choose to believe Sabo is dead.
The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts

If Sabo is alive, then there have to be pretty compelling reasons for why he didn't show up to save Ace in the Whitebeard War, and I really can't imagine those reasons. So I choose to believe Sabo is dead.

Imagine a scenario, say, if he's in the revolutionary for instance. The Revolutionary itself didn't want to do anything in the war. Then why should Sabo enter the war? That would be idiotic because he's the only one from the Revolutionaries who would go and one person won't amount to anything.

Edited by wintercry, 24 January 2013 - 04:42 AM.

kayle101

kayle101

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
my opinion as to sabo being in the war cause i for sure say he's not dead beut rather with a death experince while near port from the tenruyibi (pardon the spelling) is that he may have forgoten about it or that he was unable to partake in the war for being to busy and such. Though forgeting about his bonds with luffy and Ace is very likely and would cause an interesting saga for one piece to build on and as well i think this would happen when Luffy properly meets with his Dad, Dragon.

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts
That's actually a good point.

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Imagine a scenario, say, if he's in the revolutionary for instance. The Revolutionary itself didn't want to do anything in the war. Then why should Sabo enter the war? That would be idiotic because he's the only one from the Revolutionaries who would go and one person won't amount to anything.

He wouldn't have to enter the way as a Revolutionary, but as a friend of Ace's the same way Luffy did. All he would need to do is go talk to Whitebeard and ask him to come along, which I imagine wouldn't be too difficult if you're a member of Dragon's Army.

I'm not saying there is no chance that Sabo is alive and has amnesia or something, but I don't particularly like that development. I think the story works better if he's dead, but I would be happy to be wrong.
The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

CorneliusA

CorneliusA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Still not enough to make me join the Band wagon. Though I can't see where all this hostility is coming from, if Sabo joined I'd be pumped. If he gets brought back to life more power to him. I've noticed that as charachters get stronger their starting to take the places of previous generations, Law Shichbuki, Smoker Vice Admiral and Coby a marine captain, Kidd and the other novas forming alliances. I'd bet Sabo's being groomed to take over the Revolutionary Army.

imperfectinfinity

imperfectinfinity

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationI dunno, do you?
I'm sorry to say but this just seems to be wishful thinking; yeah Oda likes to hint at things and forshadow but it seems to me that you're just reading too much into it. Whether it is because you find the evidence presented already as sufficient or you just don't want Luffy to have lost both of his brothers, we all want to have Sabo still alive but it just doesn't seem to add up for me.

Spoiler

Baam420

Baam420

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDrangleic

If i remember correctly Oda stated it was up to the readers to decide so he probably wont use him at all for the rest of plot

Baltringue29

Baltringue29

Potato

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCanada

Lets take it as an hypothesis, not a fact, that he may be alive. I agree with what kalye101 said that if Sabo is still alive we'll probably see it when Luffy and co. meet with Luffy's dad which will probably be in a very long time. It's only speculation so don't take it too bad, we'll see in due time. We are only at, like half of the series length, there is still a lot that can happen. We can without a doubt expect some surprises!

So don't take it as a fact but as an opinon, and opinions are from what each ones see (there ain't good or bad opinion) and it really annoy me when people can't see the difference between both. (And that's my opinion!)

Spoiler

RazIsEmpty

RazIsEmpty

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationATL

Assuming Sabo isn't dead and will reappear at some point, and he couldn't come to the Whitebeard War because he's part of the Revolutionaries which is completely logical, then I would guess that he has a high probability of being in this grand tournament on Dressrosa. Ace's fruit is incredibly powerful, so it would be a great asset to the Revolutionaries, and since Dressrosa has somewhat of a nobility system, this seems like the perfect place for the Revolutionaries to get a larger role in the manga. Who better to come claim it than Sabo, who is undoubtedly strong (surviving the cannon attack at a young age, fighting on par with Ace and demolishing Luffy) and has a deep emotional attachment to something like that?

Pejchy*

Pejchy*

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts

Assuming Sabo isn't dead and will reappear at some point, and he couldn't come to the Whitebeard War because he's part of the Revolutionaries which is completely logical, then I would guess that he has a high probability of being in this grand tournament on Dressrosa. Ace's fruit is incredibly powerful, so it would be a great asset to the Revolutionaries, and since Dressrosa has somewhat of a nobility system, this seems like the perfect place for the Revolutionaries to get a larger role in the manga. Who better to come claim it than Sabo, who is undoubtedly strong (surviving the cannon attack at a young age, fighting on par with Ace and demolishing Luffy) and has a deep emotional attachment to something like that?

Well let me post a theory of my own .. I think the man that Bartolomeo want's to give the Mera Mera fruit is actually Sabo .. I mean he did say that his roots with Luffy go deep. This is just a theory , but i think Bartolomeo is a revolutionary under the comand of Sabo acting as a pirate :D

King Vault

King Vault

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

my opinion as to sabo being in the war cause i for sure say he's not dead beut rather with a death experince while near port from the tenruyibi (pardon the spelling) is that he may have forgoten about it or that he was unable to partake in the war for being to busy and such. Though forgeting about his bonds with luffy and Ace is very likely and would cause an interesting saga for one piece to build on and as well i think this would happen when Luffy properly meets with his Dad, Dragon.

Yeah i can agree with that, I mean Dragon hardly mentions Luffy at all, and he never knew that Sabo was friends with him and Ace, so neither of them even know that they know Luffy.