Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Did you nearly miss this awesome manga by judging the title?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World
Yes, the title's slightly/extremely misleading, on first glance.

I almost ignored it, but I thought I would try a few pages. Turns out, I was wrong. No doubt, the same thing happened to most of us!

Were you guys turned off by the misleading title and/or unmanga-ish image, before changing your mind? And then, be like "Wow, can't judge a book by it's cover, or a manga by its title!"

Just take a moment to post at least 'Yes' or 'No'. I'm curious to see how many of us almost made the same mistake!

Daruda

Daruda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationItaly
No.
I was so surprised about the title that I clicked it...
I did well.

Now Pixel artist
It's an awesome medium

Pugnator

Pugnator

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
No, not after I read Onani Master Kurosawa.

Kokuten

Kokuten

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I remember when I came to the manga itself, a friend had linked to me as a suggestion. At first I thought it was a joke, and almost went on to his second suggestion, but I decided to read a few pages. After a few pages, I could help but sink my face into my palm, as it was almost too much to read on the embarrassment and tension. Then I thought, 'oh this is another convonluted romance manga', and I was proved wrong yet again. I found myself hooked on the girl's personalities, and Molester's chaotic self-being. Now, this is one of the few mangas, if not the only, I actually keep up on the updates with.

Ixon

Ixon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
I was actually attracted to the title.....a curious man do what a curiuos man do.

DeepbloodEclipse

DeepbloodEclipse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEstonia
I nearly missed it, the title seemed odd, at 1st I literally thought Molester-Man as some "super hero" who goes around molesting women in tights. But then I saw Yoko as the Artist and author and I know that he/she was also the artist for Onani Master Kurosawa, so I started reading it.

Posted Image

zombieheroez

zombieheroez

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
No. Having read Densha Otoko a while ago (the precursor of this kind of story, ultra awesome 2ch romance biopic), I found that there are several similar 2ch stories that follows the success of Densha, that is a real life romance story between an otaku and a normal attractive girl. One of those stories is called Chikan Otoko.

Hence my excitement when this doujin popped out on Batoto's timeline.

ConstantErasing

ConstantErasing

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts
Actually, no I noticed it because of the title, and thought "there is no way that this is actually anything like the title suggests" and decided to see if I was right.

oninn

oninn

Potato

• Contributor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNot tellin'
No. I saw my brother reading it as soon as this manga appeared on Batoto... And looking at its art, I thought "Hey, where have I seen this art again?" and sit beside my big bro, at the same time, reading it. I enjoy reading this kind of manga, especially this kind of comedy manga. So I actually said "BANZAAIIIII" as soon as I finished ch.01.

Visit our Blog! Also, try visiting my deviantart!
Inclined just for you.
I am normal.

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
No. First time I've heard (okay, read) about it is on someone's status update, and they were talking about how funny it was, so that got me curious.

uberpr0

uberpr0

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPortugal
Sort of, i found the tittle funny and then i saw the art and i was thinking... Onani master kurosawa? Why not let's check it

Jackpot

KillerLolipop

KillerLolipop

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I clicked it because of the title.
DO NOT JUDGE ME.
It is still epic.

Kaybee

Kaybee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I clicked it because of the title.
DO NOT JUDGE ME.
It is still epic.

Me too.

Edited by Kaybee, 27 December 2012 - 08:18 AM.

Ghost of B@ttosai

Ghost of B@ttosai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Almost missed it, if my curiosity didn't take the best of me

Alrei

Alrei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBrazil
Well, a manga with the title "Molester Man" and the picture of a sadistic (?) guy, of course I would take a peek! It was worth it, totally.

Posted Image

ArrJay

ArrJay

PotatoJay

• The Company
  • 360 posts
  • LocationRepublic City

Well, a manga with the title "Molester Man" and the picture of a sadistic (?) guy, of course I would take a peek! It was worth it, totally.

^ When I saw it pop up on the timeline I was like... Is this real life? I felt compelled to click on it hahaha.

I'm glad I did and stuck with reading it because it's become one of my favourite series of all time, because of it I also read onani master too which is equally as good putting aside the... fetish ;).

I know when I first read MM I was a bit sceptical at the art (I guess cleaning webtoons has spoiled me) but now I just love how YOKO visualises things and how the characters look :D.

The Company Editor~ I like to redraw things~

KorraSignature.png
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
<Parakewl> If Rachel was from the UK she'd want to see the sun not the stars.

Tsertyx

Tsertyx

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
When i saw the picture for the first time i skipped it
Today i was bored i clicked by curiousity and it was the chapter of him losing virginity
I have to say that it was so sexy and i started to read it from the beginning
PS;
Ghost of B@ttosai
could u tell me where ur profile picture come from?? i m interested :/

Edited by Tsertyx, 27 December 2012 - 05:25 PM.

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........

Yes, the title's slightly/extremely misleading, on first glance.

I almost ignored it, but I thought I would try a few pages. Turns out, I was wrong. No doubt, the same thing happened to most of us!

Were you guys turned off by the misleading title and/or unmanga-ish image, before changing your mind? And then, be like "Wow, can't judge a book by it's cover, or a manga by its title!"

Just take a moment to post at least 'Yes' or 'No'. I'm curious to see how many of us almost made the same mistake!

What the fudge is wrong with you? DonĀ“t be so narrowminded, I think people actually discovered this awesomeness by seeing the title. Hope more manga follow the trend of having exicting titles.

SDWESG

SDWESG

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Well I found this manga cos it was recommended in my group (bunch of friends).

When i saw the picture for the first time i skipped it
Today i was bored i clicked by curiousity and it was the chapter of him losing virginity
I have to say that it was so sexy and i started to read it from the beginning
PS;
Ghost of B@ttosai
could u tell me where ur profile picture come from?? i m interested :/

pffffftt...LOL true

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Yeah until I saw the title cover image of the main character who looks alot like Kenta Usui of Karin anime/manga and also kind of looks like Ueki of Law of Ueki.