Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Correct me if I'm wrong

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tsundereotaku~

tsundereotaku~

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The ending was rather vague to me. i interpreted it in a weird sort of way. This was the second time I read this manga and I noticed a plethora of things at the ending that I did not notice before. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but somehow it seemed that Ran died? Let me explain.

At the ending, when Ran was about to fall at that bridge, both he and Riko exchanged some heart felt words. (For the sake of getting to the point, I will skip them, but feel free to look back) after that, didn't his hand slip? Didn't it show him falling?

It didn't show any sign of him being saved because afterwards, the only words on the next page which related to the scene were "Let's go home together." but the page after, it showed only Riko returning to school, casually greeting her friends with a smile as she is covered in bandages.

Wouldn't Ran have come back with her if he survived?

Also, during the last few pages, Riko's words also raised a red flag for me.

"I'll be waiting Ran. No matter how many days have passed... even if the world forgets you......it's okay. Because our time has stopped forever."

"Even if the world forgets you." was especially intriguing because first of all, Ran is some sort of a celebrity because he is a billionaire's son. Why would the world forget him if he was so famous? Perhaps because he is dead? There would be some recognition but eventually his death would become old news and he would be forgotten by perhaps the majority of the world.

I know that at the very end, Ran appears in front of the crying Riko, apologizing for making her wait so long, and eventually they embrace. But is it also possible that it was Riko's imagination, because she missed him so much?

I would really like some input on this.

Neko8

Neko8

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe Desert

0_0 I think he would've survived. The ending confused me too but I would like to think he survived. I always wondered what other people thought about the ending. Then again you have to consider what his father said about his wife not forgiving him if anything happened to their son.  This makes me believe even more that he survived.