Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General Chess~

chess game level Tips

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~
Well since verno-kun and Chihiro-chan brought up the game Chess, I want to talk about it. This is for chess players or rather chess talk~
I don't see an thread for it so I decide to make one since there is a few members who plays chess. Ofc, all different levels are welcome
to ask for any tips or tutor~

I believe most know the basic but here is it:

Pawns - our weak little ones (can be strong;changes to queen*)
Horses- makes L shape (moves 1 space up/down and two right/left)
Rooks (Towers)- moves straight
Bishops (king/queen's protector) - moves diagonally (white or black spaces)
Queen- freedom ( move all four directions but can't carve an L or S shape anywhere)
king- moves one space,limited freedom (center piece/our priority)

*only when it reach/conquers the other side of the field

Note: our horses and rooks have the same rank position.Doesnt matter which one is first.

So free chat relating to chess~ xD

Edited by NyaulaWander, 12 December 2012 - 07:02 PM.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Diablock

Diablock

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 636 posts
  • LocationReichenbach Waterfall
ahahahhahhaha...that is fast!!!

yes yes yes! Chess is interesting and fun also!

Hpmh, I know a guy who is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good at chess.
Really, he is the one that play and teach me now.

But he always said I'm a cheap player, such a guy,

anyway, I think Chess can be learn from the books, but experience is the one who matters the most (is what he said)

but it's fun.

Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei

Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka...

Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu

Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe

Bichiguso Maru

<it's chihiro>  

http://www.batoto.net/group/_/c/canis-major-scanlation-r3546

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

ahahahhahhaha...that is fast!!!

yes yes yes! Chess is interesting and fun also!

Hpmh, I know a guy who is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good at chess.
Really, he is the one that play and teach me now.

But he always said I'm a cheap player, such a guy,

anyway, I think Chess can be learn from the books, but experience is the one who matters the most (is what he said)

but it's fun.

Anndd Who may he beee?!? xD

Lol, I learn by myself but Yes, if want to be strong need an expert~
That is why it is important to practice with a timer! Novice start with 1 minute.
intermediate with 30 seconds, experts with 10 secs~ xD

Need to be an fast, strategic player to be in real chess competition. But that only happen if you are in the program.
for us ( it is competition online) ;)

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^

Diablock

Diablock

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 636 posts
  • LocationReichenbach Waterfall

Anndd Who may he beee?!? xD

Lol, I learn by myself but Yes, if want to be strong need an expert~
That is why it is important to practice with a timer! Novice start with 1 minute.
intermediate with 30 seconds, experts with 10 secs~ xD

Need to be an fast, strategic player to be in real chess competition. But that only happen if you are in the program.
for us ( it is competition online) ;)

nah, don't bother, he is an idiot

Hee..cool, which site you usually use to play chess? I never went to the next step, still in stuck novice mode.
play online, hmmmmmmmmm..never did it with random person. I am the type who likes to learn about someone's style than playing with random person, overall,
I really need a guidance for that -_-, yes, I think I'm suck at this.

My Dad always telling me things about how you should think deep for every movement, you have to need cover, think two step ahead, blah blah, but still, until now I can never beat him. He is so scary like hell!

and my bad attitude is, I never treasured my pawns fully, always sacrifice one of it I want to move to next step further. hahah..

Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei

Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka...

Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu

Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe

Bichiguso Maru

<it's chihiro>  

http://www.batoto.net/group/_/c/canis-major-scanlation-r3546

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

Horses- makes L shape (moves 1 space up/down and three two right/left)

FTFY

Used to play chess a lot when I was younger. I fancy a game occasionally now and then, but I'm probably pretty average...

I wish there was a good chess manga. Something like Hikaru no Go or Akagi, but with chess. I'd read the hell out of that. Only thing I've found is En Passant, but it's not really about the game itself...

UIqflpq.jpg

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

FTFY

Used to play chess a lot when I was younger. I fancy a game occasionally now and then, but I'm probably pretty average...

I wish there was a good chess manga. Something like Hikaru no Go or Akagi, but with chess. I'd read the hell out of that. Only thing I've found is En Passant, but it's not really about the game itself...

ahh,... the one is kinda accidently.. .Fixed

well.. I used to play chess on one of the google gadgets but it got delete so now I just join a random site that can compete and timer~

Ohh myy ... I just notice all the sites I used to play chess in ... isn't there anymore... T-T....

where do I play chess now... I don't know~ I just pick one.... I bet verno-kun knows.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I use to play chess a long time ago. I'm not the exactly the best player but I know the basics.

I'm with you there! Hikaru no Go and Akagi are such hot blooded shounen manga.
There is one with shougi called Shion no Ou
thats quite good. The only downside is that Shougi was not the main focus.

Chess manga, it would cool if the implement historical stuff like what chess pieces symbolize in actual battlefield.

For pawn promotion, I'm not sure if its a national thing but, from where I come from, pawns could be promoted to anything you want. It's just more useful or obvious to choose queen.
You guys probably already know about "En Passant", but I'll mention anyways.
En Passant - a special pawn capture that occurs when there is is a confrontation between two pawns. When one pawn moves two spaces forward from its initial position, and it's opponent's pawn is directly beside it, the opponent's pawn may move one space diagonally behind it to capture the other pawn. This only permitted within the fifth rank of the board, if when a pawn is moved two spaces from its initial position and that the capture is done right away.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

I use to play chess a long time ago. I'm not the exactly the best player but I know the basics.

I'm with you there! Hikaru no Go and Akagi are such hot blooded shounen manga.
There is one with shougi called Shion no Ou
thats quite good. The only downside is that Shougi was not the main focus.

Chess manga, it would cool if the implement historical stuff like what chess pieces symbolize in actual battlefield.

For pawn promotion, I'm not sure if its a national thing but, from where I come from, pawns could be promoted to anything you want. It's just more useful or obvious to choose queen.
You guys probably already know about "En Passant", but I'll mention anyways.
En Passant - a special pawn capture that occurs when there is is a confrontation between two pawns. When one pawn moves two spaces forward from its initial position, and it's opponent's pawn is directly beside it, the opponent's pawn may move one space diagonally behind it to capture the other pawn. This only permitted within the fifth rank of the board, if when a pawn is moved two spaces from its initial position and that the capture is done right away.

Yup^^~ I don't know what it is called but I know what you mean~ there is different rules/ chess positions for different cultures. The ones I play online won't allow that to happen though xD.

ahh.. and there is this other one.. these manga based on Japanese chess~

81 Diver

3-gatsu no Lion

I have actually played the western chess and the chinese chinese.. never played japanese one though~

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022
ohh, Hiya all!
Wanderous said that she made this thread, and since i'm one of the reasons, here I be :)

yeah, I do some chess, I learned it from dad and from this one awesome book :D
in dutch gradations I rank as a "rook" (medium)

as for these things, watch ;)

- moves forward one step each turn.
- can move two steps from initial board position
- can promote to any of the other pieces, save the king, when reaching the other side of the board
- "takes" other pieces not how he walks, but 1 space diagonally forward (left up and right up)
- or: 2 up/down and 1 left/right
- the only piece that can jump over pieces
Queen- freedom ( move all four directions but can't carve an L or S shape anywhere)
- can not stand next to the enemy's king

Points (official indication of usefulnes):
Pawns - 1
Horses - 3
Rooks - 5
Bishops - 3
Queen - 10
king - X (checkmate)

like, there's more to those pieces than you think, especially the pawns are a good weapon of choice :)

http://chess1.funorb.com/g=chess/game.ws?js=1
here's where I play chess nowadays, dad's too busy

as for chess manga...
well
there was a webcomic I found, but I never liked reading webcomics...
and now I cajn't find it anymore...
i believe it was called "chess island" or so...?
Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

ohh, Hiya all!
Wanderous said that she made this thread, and since i'm one of the reasons, here I be :)

yeah, I do some chess, I learned it from dad and from this one awesome book :D
in dutch gradations I rank as a "rook" (medium)

as for these things, watch ;)

- moves forward one step each turn.
- can move two steps from initial board position
- can promote to any of the other pieces, save the king, when reaching the other side of the board
- "takes" other pieces not how he walks, but 1 space diagonally forward (left up and right up)
- or: 2 up/down and 1 left/right
- the only piece that can jump over pieces
- can not stand next to the enemy's king

Points (official indication of usefulnes):
Pawns - 1
Horses - 3
Rooks - 5
Bishops - 3
Queen - 10
king - X (checkmate)

like, there's more to those pieces than you think, especially the pawns are a good weapon of choice :)

http://chess1.funorb.com/g=chess/game.ws?js=1
here's where I play chess nowadays, dad's too busy

as for chess manga...
well
there was a webcomic I found, but I never liked reading webcomics...
and now I cajn't find it anymore...
i believe it was called "chess island" or so...?

ohhh~ more info! I am not yet there to be medium xD ~ haven't being playing. If not school, then uploading/ editting manga serie.

I will join the site and seewhere I am at~

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

because the pawns are allowed to move two spaces on the first move, but you can capture it as if it only moved one space. the only chess move i actually learned to use. i prefer go, since all the pieces are equal. never got any got at chess, so i generally refuse to play it.
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
ohh it needs java.. >.>'' waiting for download to finish...

because the pawns are allowed to move two spaces on the first move, but you can capture it as if it only moved one space. the only chess move i actually learned to use. i prefer go, since all the pieces are equal. never got any got at chess, so i generally refuse to play it.

Taka nii, is Go hard?? I mean I watched the anime and read the manga series but something seem complexed... ><'' I kinda understand capture thing ..
chinese/korean chess is similar pretty easy to understand and fun. Go seems more complicate though ~O.O~

Haika

Haika

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Locationof her leash
lol Chess hu?? Don't play mutch with a timer 'cause i'm usually multitasking aka switching between screens with anime-manga/work/fiction and playing against a computer. My official score was somewhere around 1600ELO(although my starter was said to be around 2000 <_<-> lost a lot of games) but that was more then 15 years ago. Don't play as mutch and I really suck in the endgame 'cause I usually lose focus.

Always up for a game if I can find someone to play with

Weren't there some Shogi (japanese chess) manga/anime around??? Don't remember the titles but they weren't bad

L/K
転がる石になれ
自分のMINDで動けよ
熱く 燃え尽きるまで
時代を変えろ
転がる石になれ
今いるその場に立ち止まるなよ
時は流れてるんだ
秘めた情熱よ

Spoiler

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

lol Chess hu?? Don't play mutch with a timer 'cause i'm usually multitasking aka switching between screens with anime-manga/work/fiction and playing against a computer. My official score was somewhere around 1600ELO(although my starter was said to be around 2000 <_<-> lost a lot of games) but that was more then 15 years ago. Don't play as mutch and I really suck in the endgame 'cause I usually lose focus.

Always up for a game if I can find someone to play with

Weren't there some Shogi (japanese chess) manga/anime around??? Don't remember the titles but they weren't bad

L/K

scroll back up.. there is four series linked for japanese chess~^^~

Ofc, Let's play for fun~ I am not good at it too. I play with timer becuase it helps improve speed and thinking. It built up after even you lose, you will see more
wider~

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

Taka nii, is Go hard?? I mean I watched the anime and read the manga series but something seem complexed... ><'' I kinda understand capture thing ..
chinese/korean chess is similar pretty easy to understand and fun. Go seems more complicate though ~O.O~

go has as many as 3 rules that you need to learn in order to play, which makes it so simple that anyone can play it. what makes it more difficult than chess is that there are so many more possible moves, the possibilities are so many that they still haven't managed to make a computer game that can beat a good player.

my daughter also played it a few times when she was four. didn't take her long to learn how it works, and she even once beat a rather good player because he was so focused on playing nice that he didn't pay attention to how she made a sturdy fence around a huge part of the board. he probably never made the same mistake again. i think i should take out the board again, maybe playing go could teach her some more patience and concentration. and i should try some tsumego, so i won't start going senile too early
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Haika

Haika

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Locationof her leash

scroll back up.. there is four series linked for japanese chess~^^~

Ofc, Let's play for fun~ I am not good at it too. I play with timer becuase it helps improve speed and thinking. It built up after even you lose, you will see more
wider~

>Ieps< I'm not quiet awake yet it seems.

lol I always forget to punch the clock or I hit it of the table>red<.

One reason I play chess is for attentionfocus. My mind has a tendency to wander, ..., a lot. Why I don't play with a clock. But the few times I play offline it's usually with a club so clocks are always there.

L/K

Edited by Kai01, 19 December 2012 - 04:55 PM.

転がる石になれ
自分のMINDで動けよ
熱く 燃え尽きるまで
時代を変えろ
転がる石になれ
今いるその場に立ち止まるなよ
時は流れてるんだ
秘めた情熱よ

Spoiler

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
Ohh .. I went to your site, verno.. but no one is there so .... I just play on my site that is not 3D or 2D but it is unlimited free play~

*O* soo amazing getting to see GM and Higher ranks play against each other
Posted Image

Everyone who likes/wants to play chess should go: http://www.chess.com and sign up. There is tournaments and you can play with GMs~

ofc ... there is rated game and unrated game. Each loss of an game minus about 100 points ~ ^^'' which is alot so if newbie try to play with unrate first xD

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022
woo, I'll check it out!
indeed there's not much people on funorb :(
I only use it when i'm skyping with someone anyways -.-'

and in the picture you post, white is winning I think :)

//
yeah, I forgot to mention en passant (while passing)
as for other rules... let's see
- three times out (three times the same stance on the board = draw)
- 50 turns rule (50 turns no piece taken = draw)
and then some minor rules about endgames with certain pieces, but too much of a hassle to type that out...

//

also, I never learned GO
there's no-one I know who can teach me :(

I wantet to learn it so badly too -.-'
Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

Haika

Haika

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Locationof her leash
ey Nyaula-san what's your nick on that site???

Mine is Hannya

lol out of practice first player 1 won against. Second player the endgame was busted twice
転がる石になれ
自分のMINDで動けよ
熱く 燃え尽きるまで
時代を変えろ
転がる石になれ
今いるその場に立ち止まるなよ
時は流れてるんだ
秘めた情熱よ

Spoiler

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
I can teach you GO, Nevernown.

Edited by Sieg, 20 December 2012 - 12:10 AM.