Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 484votes)

Overlord

Alt Names: alt 不死者之王alt โอเวอร์ ลอร์ดalt オーバーロードalt 오버로드alt Maharajaalt OverLordalt Повелитель
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Artist: Miyama Fugin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Based on the light novel of the same name.
Go to Overlord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic That last joke... New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies
Topic What's going on with this storyline New Window makuta2
  • 3 Replies
Topic Webnovel New Window Budda523
  • 7 Replies
Topic Looking for another title with the same plot New Window kenshinco
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is this all the manga? New Window GuloGulos
  • 0 Replies

1153 Comments

Every page of chapter 33 is a tiny image with letters "CDN NYC"
WHAT?!

EDIT: It's normal now, pages are here.

Why cant Overlord be a weekly release T_T

Most manga that adapts a LN are monthly. They release 2 LN volumes per year, at average. Now imagine how fast the manga would reach the LN if it were weekly.

but the anime does not last long, probably 10-13 eps then u wait for the manga to catch up to anime which might take a year and then monthly manga chapters..  would have been nice if they treated overlord anime like naruto/one piece  - as in a long running anime

You want to bankrupt Madhouse? Or get really low quality animation like Pierrot or Toei?

• xizsec01 and Mitradia like this

Damn, sigh!. My curiosity!, i don't think i could hold on to not read the LN any longer.

but the anime does not last long, probably 10-13 eps then u wait for the manga to catch up to anime which might take a year and then monthly manga chapters..  would have been nice if they treated overlord anime like naruto/one piece  - as in a long running anime

like naruto.one piece?, NAH!, that would be a disaster, at least in the animation quality department. Would not mind the filler though.

• caffeinateddrugs likes this

the anime will be weekly, and will surely catch-up to the manga very soon.

love is in the air yo

This is the arc I like the least in Overlord because of how sad it is.... That stil doesn't change the fact that Sebas is a true man of manly men

People always hate on these two volumes, but I like them, because it showcases the high alignment characters

of Nazarick, and how each character prioritizes loyalty.

TerribleReader
Jan 05 2018 01:42 AM

God I hope this girl doesn't get screwed, either figuratively or literally. Honestly, even given Ainz's general position lately, I still can't imagine him knocking Sabas around for this, even if it stirs a little trouble.

Without spoiling anything major:

Spoiler

• Coleron likes this

God I hope this girl doesn't get screwed, either figuratively or literally. Honestly, even given Ainz's general position lately, I still can't imagine him knocking Sabas around for this, even if it stirs a little trouble.

Rest at easy. There's love in the air~. No kidding. You don't need to fear anything bad happen to her.

Ninya the spellcaster, from chapter 5?

yup.

Spoiler

the anime will be weekly, and will surely catch-up to the manga very soon.
    • l3alistic likes this

The girl that hid she was female and was part of the "swords of darkness" adventure team that aniz teamed up with in the beginning was her little sister.
Too bad she got murdered by that crazy hug enthisiast.

Ninya the spellcaster, from chapter 5?

• cy2410 likes this

Ainz hasn't been as entertaining since he seems to have completely embraced his role as the litch overlord.  If his human side comes back into the story it could help things. 

Sebas, on the other hand, is much more complex. He is bound to Ainz who doesn't share his alignment and is torn between his loyalty and his good nature. As powerful as he is Sebas' situation makes him far more vulnerable than his other allies.  I haven't enjoyed reading Overlord this much since the early chapters. 

It's why so far Sebas and Cocytus have had the two most interesting arcs when they weren't based on just amusing fights.

Complex characters and their interactions with others are way more interesting than everything just going as planned with everyone being of the same opinion.

It's why, as some are saying, it gets less interesting the more "inhuman" Ainz gets as there is less conflict between his human side and his undead side as well as less focus on his feelings regarding his guild no longer being with him and trying to use Nazarick as a substitute/surrogate and realizing that in this world they are actual people with actual lives and personalities. The manga is still good and interesting, but it's best moments are when it actually keeps those things in mind and addresses them. And not when they are plot points in the beginning that either go away or are only brought back up when convenient for the storyline.

After all, the current best arc was the lizardman arc and that didn't even have Nazarick as the MCs!

• The0 and boredones like this

Somebody please spoiler it to me what is going to happen like seriously JUST DO IT please...i can't take it to wait so pls.... (Use spioler tag tho...

i suggest you , read the Light Novels and Web Novels. The Stories are already advanced enough than the manga. (It's obvious that the Novels is the  source of All).

be noted that in the Novels, the illustration is a master piece of art.It also illustrates of the 41 Supreme Beings/Members of Nazarick  including the Floor Guardians. (It's a character status profiles)

While the Manga is  a simple illustration for everyone to know on how it was portrayed from the novel story.

Moreover, the Anime, were take much more time to catch up with due to the budget and staff including hiring the Seiyuu 

• Thomasklij likes this

ah, the next chapter looks like sebas is gonna have some fun.

nope

it should take 3-5 for that

Sebas the MC we need but not the one we deserve

hell yeah!!! sebas. i was really getting annoyed since most of the chapter i though climb will be the focus but thank you sebas for saving the readers from that cancerous plot. now i hope he properly takes care of those gentlemen at the door. btw thanks for the chapter guys

• styggtuff12 likes this

Sebas was way too flirty with her. Like, hold back a bit. lol

• Souhiciro , raf , SaLaHaDiN_PL and 4 others like this

all of them are op as fuck, even the pleiades are so OP that the strongest warriors have trouble to deal with only one of them.

Pleiess aren't OP as fuck if you read the LN then you'll know how they face up to this world, in terms of power level.

ah, the next chapter looks like sebas is gonna have some fun.

• Xerx and SaLaHaDiN_PL like this

I'm trying to remember, this girl is someone's sister isn't she. 

Spoiler

The girl that hid she was female and was part of the "swords of darkness" adventure team that aniz teamed up with in the beginning was her little sister.
Too bad she got murdered by that crazy hug enthisiast.

• lopalop2 likes this

Somebody please spoiler it to me what is going to happen like seriously JUST DO IT please...i can't take it to wait so pls.... (Use spioler tag tho...

Spoiler

• Citino , johnhazatoth , Optiso and 2 others like this

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics