Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 13votes)

Otome to Meteor

Alt Names: alt おとめとメテオalt Otome to Meteoalt The Maiden and The Meteor
Author: Tanaka Meca
Artist: Tanaka Meca
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: ou have been chosen to be my 'princess' --- always unlucky, high-school student, Natsuno Youko. a naked guy...dropped in front of her!!! Io came to earth to search for the most tuned in Hako to bear his child ...!?
Go to Otome to Meteor Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

5 Comments

Yeah, for real. He basically intended to rape Hako right at the start, and when her friend tried to help, he literally threatened to kill her with a fucking space drill, and also maybe the planet. He only stops throwing around death threats and treating Hako like a tool for his procreation after he starts believing that "love" is biologically necessary for human reproduction, a misconception that continues to be SUPER vital to everyone's safety. Even the ART treats him like a monster at those moments, which makes it all the more disturbing when the rest of the manga is all fluffy cute love adventures with unlucky earth girl and simple-minded space boy. Like you said, if it seemed like his character arc involved him learning to value human life and realising what a total monster he used to be, then I could kind of support it as a romance, but four chapters in, the story looks like it's heading for a conclusion, and Hako's still desperately trying to stop him from killing people. There are still possibilities for a good ending at this point, but only as an intentional subversion of shojo manga tropes. The lighthearted comedy romance ship sailed right off into space a long time ago.

rather than "intended to rape," it seemed to portray that he just assumed that she would be willing to mate with him because he told her that they are an ideal match. That's why they are trying to portray him in a positive light; They are operating under the assumption that he was just extremely ignorant.

I... can't quite bring myself to like the male lead. Being a cute and clueless alien doesn't really excuse you for being a violent sex maniac who won't take no for an answer... It's just enough that I could forgive him if he changes, but instead he seems to be being portrayed in a positive light as it is? Definitely bothers me a bit...

Yeah, for real. He basically intended to rape Hako right at the start, and when her friend tried to help, he literally threatened to kill her with a fucking space drill, and also maybe the planet. He only stops throwing around death threats and treating Hako like a tool for his procreation after he starts believing that "love" is biologically necessary for human reproduction, a misconception that continues to be SUPER vital to everyone's safety. Even the ART treats him like a monster at those moments, which makes it all the more disturbing when the rest of the manga is all fluffy cute love adventures with unlucky earth girl and simple-minded space boy.

Like you said, if it seemed like his character arc involved him learning to value human life and realising what a total monster he used to be, then I could kind of support it as a romance, but four chapters in, the story looks like it's heading for a conclusion, and Hako's still desperately trying to stop him from killing people. There are still possibilities for a good ending at this point, but only as an intentional subversion of shojo manga tropes. The lighthearted comedy romance ship sailed right off into space a long time ago.

I... can't quite bring myself to like the male lead. Being a cute and clueless alien doesn't really excuse you for being a violent sex maniac who won't take no for an answer... It's just enough that I could forgive him if he changes, but instead he seems to be being portrayed in a positive light as it is? Definitely bothers me a bit...

Not only is this ridiculously adorable, it has really nice tropes and is really sweet. I look forward to more and thanks to the scans~!

mind blowing... n dat ending.... lol.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics